Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Obama's Fault?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Obama's Fault? Empty
PostSubject: Obama's Fault?   Obama's Fault? EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 6:26 pm

It's no secret that I know nothing about finances, so don't snicker too much by what I say. Laughing

Having said that, I recall so many people saying that it was Obama's fault for the high unemployment and low stock indices. Now that employment is under 8% and the Dow at an all-time high and the S&P near an all-time high, does Obama get credit for this too?

Personally, I don't think that one man makes that much of a difference.

My suspicions are that people that were so quick to assign blame are reticent to praise "the enemy".

Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

Obama's Fault? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Fault?   Obama's Fault? EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 6:47 pm

It's no secret that I'm no fan of Obama's, but I didn't like Romney one whit better. That said, I have a tendency to agree with you... with the caveat that I don't know shitall about finance either, unless it has to do with wind turbine manufacturing or global supply chain management! lol.
Back to top Go down

Obama's Fault? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Fault?   Obama's Fault? EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 3:57 am

I don't think the President has control over the market. I do think Congress and the President can sign laws that hamper or encourage economic growth. Maybe the market likes it that the President and Congress are basically doing nothing.

But I would not put all my eggs in one basket no matter how well the market is doing right now. In my opinion, our nation is still in big trouble.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

Obama's Fault? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Fault?   Obama's Fault? EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:11 am

The longer we keep buying things made in China, Mexico, or other places, the longer we'll have high unemployment and crime. The dang politicians just want their stocks in foreign manufacturers to keep paying so they can make more and more money.. They are nothing but greedy bastards that don't care one bit about you or what's right for the taxpayers of this country, other than how cheaply they can buy your vote for re-election.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Obama's Fault? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Fault?   Obama's Fault? EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:48 am

Jake92 wrote:
The longer we keep buying things made in China, Mexico, or other places, the longer we'll have high unemployment and crime. The dang politicians just want their stocks in foreign manufacturers to keep paying so they can make more and more money.. They are nothing but greedy bastards that don't care one bit about you or what's right for the taxpayers of this country, other than how cheaply they can buy your vote for re-election.

I agree with you about the politicians, man. Doing stuff only to get reelected and stay on the public teat as long as possible.

One thing I feel I CAN blame Obama with is his health care initiative... "Obamacare". I don't see how anybody can afford to pay for health insurance if they're not part of a group. Bob does it, but he's independently wealthy... jocolor
Back to top Go down
Jake92

Obama's Fault? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Fault?   Obama's Fault? EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:06 am

I have mine thru navy retirement.. It still costs me $50/month for dental that covers $1,200/yr. After the first crown or a few cavities, it's out of my pocket while the illegals or others in jail get everything free, including full sets of false teeth....
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

Obama's Fault? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Fault?   Obama's Fault? EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:15 am

Eric wrote:
Jake92 wrote:

I agree with you about the politicians, man. Doing stuff only to get reelected and stay on the public teat as long as possible.

One thing I feel I CAN blame Obama with is his health care initiative... "Obamacare". I don't see how anybody can afford to pay for health insurance if they're not part of a group. Bob does it, but he's independently wealthy... jocolor

You meant anyone who is in a small business or works for business that does not provide health care, private business that is yep they are the ones that pay for all the government employees insurance even though they themselves may not be able to afford it.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

Obama's Fault? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Fault?   Obama's Fault? EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 11:04 am

I paid by spending 20 years active duty and still pay every month but still have lots of restrictions on what dr's I see and where I can have things ie; lab work, x-rays, surgery, and anything else you want to question.. While the small business owners were building their businesses at home with their wife and kids, the active duty were protecting their asses over seas or, on ships, or any other place the president and congress sent us without the wife and kids in the majority of instances...... We BOTH gave up some things for others that were important at that time...

Last edited by Jake92 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

Obama's Fault? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Fault?   Obama's Fault? EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 12:01 pm

Jake92 wrote:
I paid by spending 20 years active duty and still pay every month but still have lots of restrictions on what dr's I see and where I can have things ie; lab work, x-rays, surgery, and anything else you want to question.. While the small business owners were building their businesses at home with their wife and kids, the active duty were protectoing their asses over seas or, on ships, or any other place the president and congress sent us without the wifes and kids in the majority of instances...... We BOTH gave up some things for others that were important at that time...

I deleted my post only out of respect for this forum.

Its why i got off them to begin with. Life is too short to rspond.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Obama's Fault? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Fault?   Obama's Fault? EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 12:30 pm

whowherewhy wrote:
Jake92 wrote:
I paid by spending 20 years active duty and still pay every month but still have lots of restrictions on what dr's I see and where I can have things ie; lab work, x-rays, surgery, and anything else you want to question.. While the small business owners were building their businesses at home with their wife and kids, the active duty were protectoing their asses over seas or, on ships, or any other place the president and congress sent us without the wifes and kids in the majority of instances...... We BOTH gave up some things for others that were important at that time...

I deleted my post only out of respect for this forum.

Its why i got off them to begin with. Life is too short to rspond.

You're a good man. The printed word isn't the best method to adequately express our ideas. What one person implies isn't necessarily what another person may infer.
Back to top Go down
Newshound

Newshound

Obama's Fault? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Fault?   Obama's Fault? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:40 am

Presidents have received too much praise in good economic times and too much in tougher times...Any president should be judged on the policies enacted to create/stimulate grow the economy and allow businesses to expand...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Obama's Fault? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Fault?   Obama's Fault? Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama's Fault?
Page 1 of 1