Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can someone please explain why???

Go down 
+2
riceme
Eric
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Can someone please explain why??? Empty
PostSubject: Can someone please explain why???   Can someone please explain why??? EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 10:48 pm

... the Bradley Manning prosecutors will call all witnesses and present all evidence at a trial, when Manning has already pleaded guilty?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/01/bradley-manning-prosecution-guilty-plea

Maybe there are valid reasons, I dunno.

If it is to showboat on the public dime, now isn't the time to be spending vast amounts of money for little or no gain.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain why???   Can someone please explain why??? EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 10:51 pm

He has already pleaded guilty to 10 of the 22 charges. I guess the prosecution wants to nail Manning to the wall and seek guilty verdicts on all 22.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain why???   Can someone please explain why??? EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 10:55 pm

I guess the prosecution wants to nail Manning to the wall

He should be as the guy is nothing but a traitor.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain why???   Can someone please explain why??? EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 5:29 am

EE: After reading the article, I believe you've answered your own question above:

Quote :
He has already pleaded guilty to 10 of the 22 charges. I guess the prosecution wants to nail Manning to the wall and seek guilty verdicts on all 22.

As you stated above, it seems they want to nail him for all 22 charges if at all possible.

Largely because of my brother's past role in USMC Force Recon I feel very strongly that there are certain things that absolutely must remain confidential from the general public in order to keep our service members safe and secure. It might not be ideal, it might not be pretty, but am certain in my mind that this is the way it must be...

"Transparency" is NOT as important as the lives, nor the safety and security of our elite forces.

Just my opinion... As always, open to hearing / reading others' opinions.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain why???   Can someone please explain why??? EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 8:06 am

Don't get me wrong. I have no love for Manning. What he did was despicable.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain why???   Can someone please explain why??? EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 8:48 am

I imagine they are trying to find out exactly everything he knew and the who, what, where, when, how, and why he released every little tiny bit of info.
Back to top Go down
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain why???   Can someone please explain why??? EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 9:20 am

Eric wrote:
... the Bradley Manning prosecutors will call all witnesses and present all evidence at a trial, when Manning has already pleaded guilty?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/01/bradley-manning-prosecution-guilty-plea

Maybe there are valid reasons, I dunno.

If it is to showboat on the public dime, now isn't the time to be spending vast amounts of money for little or no gain.

The only reason I can think of is lawyers wanting to extend things so they can squeeze some more money out of the state. Lawyers are hurting, there are far too many of them.
Back to top Go down
http://warpedninblue.blogspot.com/
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain why???   Can someone please explain why??? EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 2:15 pm

Eric wrote:
Don't get me wrong. I have no love for Manning. What he did was despicable.

Oh no sir, I know you well enough to have understood that. To my thinking he put our armed forces in harm's way, and for that I believe he should rot.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain why???   Can someone please explain why??? EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 2:17 pm

Jake92 wrote:
I imagine they are trying to find out exactly everything he knew and the who, what, where, when, how, and why he released every little tiny bit of info.

You are probably absolutely correct, sir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain why???   Can someone please explain why??? EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 2:19 pm

Maybe they're making an example of him. I don't have a problem with that.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain why???   Can someone please explain why??? EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 5:25 pm

Like I said on the other forum, since Manning was a 35F - Military Intelligence Analyst, there will be a lot of information that John Q Public will never hear. We will be left to our own speculation about what he said.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain why???   Can someone please explain why??? EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 7:56 pm

Hopefully they find out exactly WHO he gave it to and go after them too.......
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain why???   Can someone please explain why??? EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 9:26 pm

There have been a lot of "Bad Boys".
http://cryptome.org/2013/02/spy-cases-1975-2009.pdf
I think Aldrich Ames was one of the very worse.
While most spies engage in espionage for political or ideological reasons, for CIA mole Aldrich Ames the motivation was purely monetary. Ames, who worked as a counter-intelligence analyst in Washington D.C., was desperate for cash, and in 1985 he began supplying secrets to the Soviets in exchange for a fee, eventually receiving over $4 million from the Russians. Over the course of nine years, Ames supplied the Soviets with countless secrets, including the names of over 100 U.S. informants working in Russia, at least ten of whom were eventually executed. Ames used his millions to fund a lavish lifestyle, which attracted the attention of the CIA, but thanks to his intelligence training he was able to repeatedly pass lie detector tests. He was finally arrested in 1994, and after pleading guilty to spying, was sentenced to life in prison. Interestingly, at least $2 million of his fee remains in an undisclosed bank account, and to this day the Russians have refused to turn this money over to American authorities.

Read more: http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-spies.php#ixzz2MRXQbBGq

IMHO Manning should not have been able to access that much information.
Some one really dropped the ball on this one.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain why???   Can someone please explain why??? EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:18 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:

/...snip.../

IMHO Manning should not have been able to access that much information.
Some one really dropped the ball on this one.

I am absolutely, most certainly no military expert, and what perplexes me is how and why a Private would or should have or come by that level of access.

...What am I missing?? Can someone enlighten me?

scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain why???   Can someone please explain why??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can someone please explain why???
Page 1 of 1