Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FOR PB2 supplements

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

FOR PB2 supplements  Empty
PostSubject: FOR PB2 supplements    FOR PB2 supplements  EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:49 am

Pb2 here is what i am taking daily they all have consequences and i will review each one individually. I know Alecto has some knowledge any contributions are helpful.

Any of these supplements could actually help pb

8 oz joint juice glucosamine/Chondroiton
2 pills Schiff glucosamine/Msn
5 oz mixed in Creatine shaken
1 50mg Dhea
1 8 oz shake aminomax BCAA
1 10 oz protein shake isalean isogenix
1 200 mg COQ -10

I am considering DAA 5 mg but will wait a bit.

Any of the above could help pb
Also i only eat fish timed meals every four hours
60/20/20. Protein/fat/carbs (the carbs are tough lol)

Back later to address them.

Thoughts anyone?

Last edited by whowherewhy on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Older guys   FOR PB2 supplements  EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:52 am

Oh a younger guy should not worry with
DHEA OR DAA as both are testosterone boosters.
If they so they would have to most likely add
An estrogen blocker ,,,,,,
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: FOR PB2 supplements    FOR PB2 supplements  EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:57 am

As i said i had to really up the dosage on the glucosamine but it did work
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: FOR PB2 supplements    FOR PB2 supplements  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:11 am

Many thanks, 3W.

I've been talking with my husband about this. He is going to talk with his doc during his next appointment.

I could easily live on a diet of only fish, including shellfish and crab. In fact, I've pretty much stopped eating read meat at all. Once in a while when we're on the road I'll succumb to the temptation of an Arby's roast beef sandwich with cheese and the big onion bun, but that's about it. No hamburgers, no hot dogs, no cold cuts for about a year now.

My husband, however, is a carnivore. What a Face It does make for some interesting discussions about what to eat for dinner. Unfortunately for me, my husband is the cook in the family. I will say he's learning to prepare some fabulous dinners that include fish as the primary entree!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: FOR PB2 supplements    FOR PB2 supplements  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:23 am

PBulldog2 wrote:
Many thanks, 3W.

I've been talking with my husband about this. He is going to talk with his doc during his next appointment.

I could easily live on a diet of only fish, including shellfish and crab. In fact, I've pretty much stopped eating read meat at all. Once in a while when we're on the road I'll succumb to the temptation of an Arby's roast beef sandwich with cheese and the big onion bun, but that's about it. No hamburgers, no hot dogs, no cold cuts for about a year now.

My husband, however, is a carnivore. What a Face It does make for some interesting discussions about what to eat for dinner. Unfortunately for me, my husband is the cook in the family. I will say he's learning to prepare some fabulous dinners that include fish as the primary entree!

My mom would take boneless flounder fillets and roll 'em up like jellyrolls and pack them in a casserole dish with the spirals showing. Then she would fill (close to the top) with milk and bake it for a while, then pour the milk out (carefully) into a mixing bowl and mix cheese into the milk, and pour it back over the fish, and bake it until the cheese browned a little over the top.

Invariably, I would burn my mouth... trying to eat that delicious stuff too soon! YUM!
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
alecto

PostSubject: Re: FOR PB2 supplements    FOR PB2 supplements  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:36 pm

What are you trying to do PB
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: FOR PB2 supplements    FOR PB2 supplements  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:29 pm

I've become a bit of a vegetarian over the last few years for lots of reasons. I didn't plan it; it happened gradually. I rarely eat chicken, either.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: FOR PB2 supplements    FOR PB2 supplements  EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 8:00 am

PB

My GP who is great told me to go ahead with the glucosamine but there was no evidence it was effective and that only surgery would help.

My chiropractor said it was such an old injury it had become arthritic and he could try but was not hopeful.

i am averse to the knife in all but for a last chance so for me it is the last resort.

I believe it was the high doses of glucosamine/MSM/chondroiton that turned the corner. Both my rotator and back are virtually 100 percent now. My back being a problem every surfer has and is muscular.

All that being said creatine is known to reduce swelling and super hydrates muscle tissue, it is the most common supplement for training used. The DHEA which is a hormone can also reduce inflammation and is a gateway precurser to both estrogen and testosterone. So in the end it could all of those and of course coupled with hard gym-work, surfing, cycling. I think supplements have to be coupled with activity to be the most effective, however they will help on their own.

I believe as a rule most MD S are very quick to surgery. Most would say glucosamine
Is not proven in studies but wont hurt.

All my 2 cents Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: FOR PB2 supplements    FOR PB2 supplements  EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:41 am

I agree, it won't hurt. My husband is the one who needs it, primarily for his knees. He doesn't much like the idea of going under the knife, either.

I talked with him last night, and he's up for trying it. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: FOR PB2 supplements    FOR PB2 supplements  EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:44 am

Eric wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
Many thanks, 3W.

My mom would take boneless flounder fillets and roll 'em up like jellyrolls and pack them in a casserole dish with the spirals showing. Then she would fill (close to the top) with milk and bake it for a while, then pour the milk out (carefully) into a mixing bowl and mix cheese into the milk, and pour it back over the fish, and bake it until the cheese browned a little over the top.

Invariably, I would burn my mouth... trying to eat that delicious stuff too soon! YUM!

OMG, that sounds soooo good. I will pass this on to the family chef pronto!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FOR PB2 supplements    FOR PB2 supplements  Empty

Back to top Go down

FOR PB2 supplements
Page 1 of 1