Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

To all members, new and old

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Melissa
Admin

PostSubject: To all members, new and old   Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:08 am

I want to take a moment to thank all of our members for joining us over here. While I wouldn't do anything to hurt Boards, I do understand the need for a forum that doesn't allow rabid personal attacks and the like.

That said, I want everyone to understand that disagreement and lively discussion are welcome here. A forum would we boring and sterile if alternate points of view were not welcome and, in truth, encouraged.

Over the last few months, I've read several references on PDF to the notion that EDP is a boring, uninspiring place to visit, and that is not and must not be allowed to become fact. We want EDP to be lively, timely, fun and active!

If anyone has any suggestions regarding the format of EDP, or can suggest additional discussion categories, please post your ideas here or contact Eric or me. I regret I have not been available to assist Eric that much over the last couple of months due in large part to work, but I commit to be present from now on.

I also want to thank Ghost for developing this forum initially and Eric for accepting the torch when it was passed to him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: To all members, new and old   Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:28 am

Thank you, PB. I am happy to be back.

I think that disagreeing is fine. We don't have to all agree about everything, nor should we!

Vulgarities, personal attacks and threats are out of bounds on a civil forum.
Back to top Go down
Eric

PostSubject: Re: To all members, new and old   Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:09 pm

Thanks for saying this. In no way do I want to kill PDF or hurt Boards, who created PDF as an alternative to PNJ. Compared to PDF, this site is not as "colorful" Laughing and PDF will always be around. There is room for both forums on the net.

Personal disagreements are welcome and encouraged. Life would be pretty boring if everybody agreed with everybody else. Controversial subjects can and should be discussed here, but you don't have to do it in a manner that insults other posters.

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: To all members, new and old   Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:08 am

Thanks to ALL of you here and also to Boards.

It's really nice to have a choice so that we can stay in touch with our online friends.

Kudos!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin

PostSubject: Re: To all members, new and old   Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:34 am

Nice post PB. While I originated this forum, I got a bit busy with some other stuff for a while and I turned over the Admin duties to you and Eric and I thank you both very much for the help. I am still listed as owner of the forum with phpBB. I found it really difficult to turn ownership over to someone else so I just left it with me being owner.

I still have administrative rights, but all choices of what goes on and any changes made too the forum are strictly in your and Eric's hands.

It was my pleasure to set up an alternative to PDF. Hope everyone enjoys it to the fullest extent.

PostSubject: Re: To all members, new and old   Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:36 pm

Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:
Nice post PB. While I originated this forum, I got a bit busy with some other stuff for a while and I turned over the Admin duties to you and Eric and I thank you both very much for the help. I am still listed as owner of the forum with phpBB. I found it really difficult to turn ownership over to someone else so I just left it with me being owner.

I still have administrative rights, but all choices of what goes on and any changes made too the forum are strictly in your and Eric's hands.

It was my pleasure to set up an alternative to PDF. Hope everyone enjoys it to the fullest extent.

Ghost, thank you, so much, for your efforts. I fully understand the "delegation"issue but you COULD NOT HAVE LEFT IT IN BETTER HANDS!!!!

PB is more than a darling. When/if I get sick I will demand her as my overseer!!!

Eric, well, Eric is the most loveable of all.............

You've done a big service and "handed off" to the most capable and loving people I know!

Hope your work isn't driving you insane, but do thank you!
Back to top Go down
riceme

PostSubject: Re: To all members, new and old   Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:09 pm

It seems that everyone that posted before me has pretty much said it all and I agree wholeheartedly with everything that's been said, so I find no need to get long-winded and repeat it all.

That being said, I just want to thank GR, EE and PB for all of their hard work to make this such a fun, happy and special place to hang out and post with friends.

I love you
Back to top Go down
Eric

PostSubject: Re: To all members, new and old   Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:28 pm

riceme wrote:
It seems that everyone that posted before me has pretty much said it all and I agree wholeheartedly with everything that's been said, so I find no need to get long-winded and repeat it all.

That being said, I just want to thank GR, EE and PB for all of their hard work to make this such a fun, happy and special place to hang out and post with friends.

I love you

A forum wouldn't be worth it's salt without participants. I just appreciate having people to banter with...

Basketball

Jake92

PostSubject: Re: To all members, new and old   Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:14 pm

I want to thank all of you for allowing me and keeping things going but not running full speed ahead in attack mode!!!.. LOL
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: To all members, new and old   Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:12 pm

Urgh, I really want this forum to succeed! Love it!

Just feel a bit strange when every topic is last posted by storm. Embarassed

Come on y'all...........YACK! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
instigator

PostSubject: Re: To all members, new and old   Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:22 am

Good morning, although I don't post much on either boards I do find this one to be quite a bit more civil. In fact I was just reading posts over there this morning (not signed in) and I really think it may have been set up for social or psychological experiment. Yes, while I do get very po'd and see red when I know I'm right and can back it up with actual facts I certainly don't go after that person like some do over there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To all members, new and old   

Back to top Go down

To all members, new and old
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Misc :: Admin Notes-
Jump to: