Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Something I need to say.

Go down 
+7
SheSurfs
PkrBum
riceme
Joanimaroni
Ghost Rider
Eric
hallmarkgrad
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Something I need to say. Empty
PostSubject: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:32 pm

Last Sunday night, something happened to my sight. I am blind in one eye and I am having issues with my good(?) eye. I lost my vision for about 3 hours. I dont know why, maybe I just got something in my eyes, I dont know. Any ways I am a vet and the VA is doing a great job. providing me health care. I have been in deep thought for the last few days on what to do if it reoccurs. To be honest, I really dont know. I am going to continue on, a day at a time, as I have done for years. I am a lucky man, I have cheated death many a time. If it gets too bad I will get a Tandem bike and make Eric drive while I ride and pedal. Do not feel sorry for me. It is my destiny, something I have always thought might happen. All is good. It has been over 72 hours with no more issues so maybe I dodged the ball again. One the bright side it may never reoccur. Now about Stooderville..............................
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:42 pm

Hang in there man.

Something I need to say. 384-1610
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 1:14 pm

HM, you are a great person and have the fortitude and determination to handle any situation that is thrown your way.

You know the old saying, "When someone hands you lemons, make lemonade." Albeit, may be some bitter lemonade with sugar.

Like Eric said, hang in there buddy!
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 1:21 pm

Hallmark....go have it checked. It could be something minor like a migraine of the retina. But it needs to be checked.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 1:47 pm

Thanks Have a big time eye deal set up in Biloxi on the 28th. I have Pigment Dispersion Syndrome and Pigmentary Glaucoma. They seem to be very interested in my case. They seem to think they can save my good eye. I was very surprised when I had my episode. Time will tell but i am confident that all will be good. I will not go "total Black" just every thing will be very fuzzy. I can deal with that. Right now it doesnt take much to make me panic. LOL
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 2:50 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Last Sunday night, something happened to my sight. I am blind in one eye and I am having issues with my good(?) eye. I lost my vision for about 3 hours. I dont know why, maybe I just got something in my eyes, I dont know. Any ways I am a vet and the VA is doing a great job. providing me health care. I have been in deep thought for the last few days on what to do if it reoccurs. To be honest, I really dont know. I am going to continue on, a day at a time, as I have done for years. I am a lucky man, I have cheated death many a time. If it gets too bad I will get a Tandem bike and make Eric drive while I ride and pedal. Do not feel sorry for me. It is my destiny, something I have always thought might happen. All is good. It has been over 72 hours with no more issues so maybe I dodged the ball again. One the bright side it may never reoccur. Now about Stooderville..............................

Only 2-weeks until your procedure in Biloxi, and we will all be pulling for you, HG! I KNOW that it will go well and be successful!

All is good.

EDIT: Oops! Responded before I read your last post, above. Still, I've no doubt that your procedure will be 100% successful, friend. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:19 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Thanks Have a big time eye deal set up in Biloxi on the 28th. I have Pigment Dispersion Syndrome and Pigmentary Glaucoma. They seem to be very interested in my case. They seem to think they can save my good eye. I was very surprised when I had my episode. Time will tell but i am confident that all will be good. I will not go "total Black" just every thing will be very fuzzy. I can deal with that. Right now it doesnt take much to make me panic. LOL

Hey, man. If you need for me to drive you over there... And more importantly drive back after your procedure, I'm available. You know that I owe you big time...
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:23 pm

Thank you very very much. Rita has taken a couple of days off to assist me. I really appreciate your offer but all is good.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:25 pm

I admire you guys!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:30 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Thank you very very much. Rita has taken a couple of days off to assist me. I really appreciate your offer but all is good.

But you know that I'm retired and she is not. The offer still stands, my man.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:33 pm

Thanks I will remember your kind offer. There may well be a time that i need your assistance. But for now I have it covered.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:43 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Thanks I will remember your kind offer. There may well be a time that i need your assistance. But for now I have it covered.

Any time... any time. (Well, I do have the Hangout Fest penciled in sometime in May Razz )
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:48 pm

That must have been awful... sry hg. Good luck with the appt... I'm sure we all wish the best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:52 pm

Good thoughts coming your way, Hallmark. I'm glad the VA is doing right by you.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:07 pm

nekochan wrote:
Good thoughts coming your way, Hallmark. I'm glad the VA is doing right by you.

Thank you. My case seems to be unusual so they are giving it a lot of attention. They have some first class equipment and they treat me very well. I am lucky. Thank you for your concern
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 9:14 pm

Hallmark, I have a lot of confidence in the direction of your healthcare. Are you having the laser surgery to break up the pigment clogging? From what I read, there is a LOT of confidence in this procedure. Sure wishing you LUCK.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 9:28 pm

SheSurfs wrote:
Hallmark, I have a lot of confidence in the direction of your healthcare. Are you having the laser surgery to break up the pigment clogging? From what I read, there is a LOT of confidence in this procedure. Sure wishing you LUCK.

Yes It is a simple quick procedure that opens holes in the matting of your eyes. I guess the name "Laser" makes it sound like a big deal. Here is a link to the Procedure. http://www.fiteyes.com/about-glaucoma/treatment-and-diagnosis/selective-laser-trabeculoplasty Thank you for your concern. I have good feeling on it. The VA people have been first rate.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 9:38 pm

We could always go forum style ...but I call the front! Wink :

Something I need to say. Mtb_for_six
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 8:09 am

HMG, I saw another piece on the news this morning about the retinal implant we were talking about. If wish I'd had time to give you a buzz so you could check it out yourself. Again, I have no idea if this would be helpful in your case, but it would be worth checking out when you go to Biloxi.

I'm glad you have arrangements there and back. My husband and I could have taken you, too. If there is anything you or Rita need after you get home, we're just a click away!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:35 pm

Jake and Eric and his wife are still planning to meet us at Navy Point this coming Sunday, hallmark. If you don't feel up to driving and still want to be there (and you're in town on Sunday) just call me and I'll surely swing by and give you a ride.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:06 pm

Thanks Mr Bob I seem to be doing much better. I may have just yelled "Wolf" But thanks I might need to take you up on that one day but for now I am doing ok See ya Sunday
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 7:46 am

Hallmark, I guess you'll be headed to Biloxi this week. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:42 am

nekochan wrote:
Hallmark, I guess you'll be headed to Biloxi this week. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks I feel pretty good about it. They are good people and treat me well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:03 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:
nekochan wrote:

Thanks I feel pretty good about it. They are good people and treat me well. Smile

A great man once said "All is good".

All is good, my man.

Something I need to say. Everything+is+good
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:13 am

Thanks Eric I am a lucky man. I have good friends, a nice place to live(to me lol), a son,a daughter, and was lucky enough to have been born in one of the best places on earth at the perfect time. What is not to like? All is good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something I need to say.   Something I need to say. Empty

Back to top Go down

Something I need to say.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: News-
Jump to: