Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How people que up in different countries. (No standing in line)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

How people que up in different countries.  (No standing in line) Empty
PostSubject: How people que up in different countries. (No standing in line)   How people que up in different countries.  (No standing in line) EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:36 pm

I saw this today (how to que in Thailand), and if I can find it, I'll post a pic of how some Japanese folks "stand" in line. Nope... no pic... it's a video. See the next post.

How people que up in different countries.  (No standing in line) Ekgap610

Last edited by Eric on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: How people que up in different countries. (No standing in line)   How people que up in different countries.  (No standing in line) EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:43 pm

Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: How people que up in different countries. (No standing in line)   How people que up in different countries.  (No standing in line) EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Eric wrote:
I saw this today (how to que in Thailand), and if I can find it, I'll post a pic of how some Japanese folks "stand" in line. Nope... no pic... it's a video. See the next post.

Uhhhh... Can you say, "grocery store feet"???

lol

Suspect
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: How people que up in different countries. (No standing in line)   How people que up in different countries.  (No standing in line) EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:41 pm

Eric wrote:
/Japan... no queue/

Wow, wouldn't it be nice if THAT system would work here in the states?? SUWEEEEET!

Nevergonnahappen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How people que up in different countries. (No standing in line)   How people que up in different countries.  (No standing in line) EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:03 pm

I haven't seen that in Japan, but then I didn't attend soccer games. But it does not surprise me in the least. If you leave your purse or wallet on the train or lose it, there is a 95% chance that you will be called by the police in a day or so to come to the local police station to retrieve it .....and all of your money will be in it. And Japan is very much a cash society, so we could be talking hundreds of dollars--- or more, if you were on your way to pay your rent.

To be honest, I miss something about living in Japan every single day. I miss that place like crazy. But when I lived there, I missed something about living in the USA every single day....like crazy. I wish there were transporter thingys like on Star Trek and I would just teleport myself to Japan once a month or so.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: How people que up in different countries. (No standing in line)   How people que up in different countries.  (No standing in line) EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:51 pm

I think I've told you this before Neko, but when I was in Denmark you could leave your purse, phone, wallet or even cash on the bar and walk around talking to friends and no one would ever touch it.

Very similar where I lived in Kansas and here at home in California, admittedly depending on what bar you go to. I don't go out often at all, but when I do, I go to one of the places where you can leave your purse, wallet, etc. on the bar and no one will touch anything. And it's not a fancy place at all... sort of a hole in the wall, in fact. But it is still a small town, and folks still look out for one another and respect people's personal property. Same as where I lived in Kansas.

I do not, however, leave my cash laying openly on the bar here then go walking around talking to people, and don't plan to test the theory. Haha.

I wish I could get teleported back to Denmark on a fairly frequent basis. Such a great place.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: How people que up in different countries. (No standing in line)   How people que up in different countries.  (No standing in line) EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:31 pm

I just get funny looks when I leave my purse on the bar... Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How people que up in different countries. (No standing in line)   How people que up in different countries.  (No standing in line) EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Is it a man-purse?
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: How people que up in different countries. (No standing in line)   How people que up in different countries.  (No standing in line) EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:22 am

I have mixed feelings on the Japanese and Japan its self. If they had prevailed in the war our lives would be vastly different. Some things they do are quaint and interesting, other things were madding. I was just a visitor, a guest, so very little of what they did affected me. This gave me a warped perspective on what I saw and how I interacted with them.
Japan also has a brutal and dark side.

Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: How people que up in different countries. (No standing in line)   How people que up in different countries.  (No standing in line) EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:24 am

nekochan wrote:
I haven't seen that in Japan, but then I didn't attend soccer games. But it does not surprise me in the least. If you leave your purse or wallet on the train or lose it, there is a 95% chance that you will be called by the police in a day or so to come to the local police station to retrieve it .....and all of your money will be in it. And Japan is very much a cash society, so we could be talking hundreds of dollars--- or more, if you were on your way to pay your rent.

To be honest, I miss something about living in Japan every single day. I miss that place like crazy. But when I lived there, I missed something about living in the USA every single day....like crazy. I wish there were transporter thingys like on Star Trek and I would just teleport myself to Japan once a month or so.

Have you ever seen this place during your time in Japan?

How people que up in different countries.  (No standing in line) Bridge10

How people que up in different countries.  (No standing in line) Bridge11

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: How people que up in different countries. (No standing in line)   How people que up in different countries.  (No standing in line) EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:42 am

Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:
Have you ever seen this place during your time in Japan?

No room for switchbacks? It looks very costly and intimidating to drivers.

Drifters would have a field day... yeee---haw!

How people que up in different countries.  (No standing in line) Drifti10

Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: How people que up in different countries. (No standing in line)   How people que up in different countries.  (No standing in line) EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 3:57 pm

That's pretty neat, GR! Reminds me of the Tehachapi Loop:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tehachapi_Loop
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: How people que up in different countries. (No standing in line)   How people que up in different countries.  (No standing in line) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 11:24 am

riceme wrote:
That's pretty neat, GR! Reminds me of the Tehachapi Loop:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tehachapi_Loop

I'll bet they put some massive locomotives on trains that navigate that loop.

That Japanese spiraled road reminds me of the top of the Smoky Mountains overlook at Clingman's Dome.

How people que up in different countries.  (No standing in line) Clingm10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How people que up in different countries. (No standing in line)   How people que up in different countries.  (No standing in line) Empty

Back to top Go down

How people que up in different countries. (No standing in line)
Page 1 of 1