Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kinda big, but OH, an insane amount of resolution!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Kinda big, but OH, an insane amount of resolution! Empty
PostSubject: Kinda big, but OH, an insane amount of resolution!   Kinda big, but OH, an insane amount of resolution! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:10 pm

HD resolution is so passé. The new high-end is now 4K. This tablet is kinda large and a bit slow, but I'll bet the display is stunning.

Kinda big, but OH, an insane amount of resolution! Dsc02510

Panasonic is standing alone demonstrating 4K technology in a personal computer. The company's 4K tablet prototype on display at its booth has a ridiculous 3,840x2,560-pixel resolution and 230 pixels per inch packed into a 20-inch IPS LED-backlit LCD display.

http://ces.cnet.com/8301-34439_1-57562882/panasonic-pushes-prototype-pixels-4k-windows-8-tablet/

By comparison, The 15-inch Retina Display MacBook Pro has a 2,880x1,880-pixel resolution at 220 ppi.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Kinda big, but OH, an insane amount of resolution!   Kinda big, but OH, an insane amount of resolution! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 4:21 pm

The only way those numbers make sense to me is if I compare them against something else, but I am ALL FOR HD resolution! Poor resolution drives me bananas... Maybe me more than most other folks because I don't have cable out where I live and I watch "tv" online on my laptop.

I'm confused though. Is it a tablet or a laptop? The text above seems contradictory.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Kinda big, but OH, an insane amount of resolution!   Kinda big, but OH, an insane amount of resolution! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:54 pm

HD resolution, which is pretty good, is 1920 x 1080. I am talking about 1080p resolution and 720p is defined as HD by some people. I'm not going to go into what the p means unless you wish to know.

This 4k resolution, 3,840 x 2,560, has four times as many pixels! Incredibly sharp when compared to HD.

This is a 20" tablet. Huge by tablet standards.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Kinda big, but OH, an insane amount of resolution!   Kinda big, but OH, an insane amount of resolution! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 7:20 pm

Roger that, EE. I savvy 1080p resolution, and I agree with you that 720p is NOT HD. If I remember correctly (it hasn't been hooked up since I lived in Kansas, so I'm not sure I recall) my (pretty nice!) 32" flatscreen has 1080p resolution. For a 20" computer -- or a tablet in this case -- that is pretty awesome!

Should we be expecting to see you upgrade your tablet sometime soon... ?? Laughing Question
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kinda big, but OH, an insane amount of resolution!   Kinda big, but OH, an insane amount of resolution! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 12:26 pm

riceme wrote:
Roger that, EE. I savvy 1080p resolution, and I agree with you that 720p is NOT HD. If I remember correctly (it hasn't been hooked up since I lived in Kansas, so I'm not sure I recall) my (pretty nice!) 32" flatscreen has 1080p resolution. For a 20" computer -- or a tablet in this case -- that is pretty awesome!

Should we be expecting to see you upgrade your tablet sometime soon... ?? Laughing Question

Nah, my tablet is a 3rd generation iPad and it has what Apple calls "retina display"... better than 1080p. It's about a year old and way too early for me to get a new one.

My first-generation iPad had a "pretty good" display... but I stepped on it... DUH! And I broke the tactile feedback on part of the screen when I repaired it.
Back to top Go down
https://pensacoladaily.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kinda big, but OH, an insane amount of resolution!   Kinda big, but OH, an insane amount of resolution! Empty

Back to top Go down

Kinda big, but OH, an insane amount of resolution!
Page 1 of 1