Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eddard

Eddard

12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back Empty
PostSubject: 12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back   12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 12:39 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-leaders-back-at-least-12-billion-for-border-wall-153042941.html

Haven't been on here awhile because I was just waiting on the Trump plans to get started. Heh, heh, heh.
Old Mitch and Pauley are stuck with a certifiably insane leader in their party and neither of them knows what they can do but just follow him into hell.
A billion here, a billion there, eventually it starts to look like some real money. Plus, to help the VA he's put a hiring freeze on new workers which will further screw up that agency and according to the PNJ will be a huge drain on our local economy.
And all the Donald can think of is a picture showing there were a million or so more people on the mall the next day that didn't want him than there were the day before that did. He's not thin skinned, he's skinless.

You gentlemen really think this is going to work out? He'll be impeached or replaced over mental health issues within the second six months of his administration. Thank you founding fathers for giving us a way to get rid of a madman in the White House.
Back to top Go down
VectorMan

VectorMan

PostSubject: Re: 12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back   12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 5:08 pm

President Donald Trump will be able to order the construction of a wall on the Mexico border Wednesday with the stroke of a pen, because of a 2006 law passed with the help of Democrats including Barack Obama, Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton.

The 2006 law authorized the construction of 700 miles of fencing along the southern border, as well as additional lights, cameras and sensors to enhance security. Although former President George W. Bush signed the measure into law, the Democrat-controlled Congress that took over a few months later ensured it would never be completed by means of an amendment to a 2008 spending bill.

The amendment removed an explicit requirement the wall be made of double-layer fencing, and gave the Department of Homeland Security authority to put in place less effective barriers, such as simple vehicle barriers that do not keep pedestrians out. As a result, Democrats were able to avoid a politically unpopular vote against the wall, and then turn around and quietly gut its construction. But Trump and Republicans in the new Congress now plan to use that law to ensure a proper wall is constructed.

Since the law was never actually repealed, the federal government is still authorized to build a substantial wall on the southern border. Congress doesn’t have to pass a new law to begin construction, and can instead package the funds necessary into a massive spending bill Democrats would have a politically hard time opposing. Trump may get a head start on the process by diverting other funds congressional leaders have indicated are available for the project, ensuring a snafu over the spending bill doesn’t hinder prompt construction of the wall.

If Trump and Republicans follow through, a number of top Democrats will find they inadvertently handed Trump the border wall they now oppose. Their only option to block the construction would be to shut down the government over the matter by blocking the spending bill, a strategy they have consistently mocked and derided Republicans for using in the past.

In addition to then Sens. Obama, Biden and Clinton, 64 House Democrats and 23 Senate Democrats voted for the wall in 2006. Many of them are still in Congress, including newly-established Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.

Other Democrats in the Senate who voted for the wall in 2006 are Sens. Barbara Boxer (CA), Sherrod Brown (OH — then in the House), Tom Carper (DE), Dianne Feinstein (CA), Barbara Mikulski (MD), Bill Nelson (FL), Debbie Stabenow (MI), and Ron Wyden (OR).

There are also a number of Democrat representatives still in the House who voted for the bill: Sanford Bishop (GA), Michael Capuano (MA), Jim Cooper (TN), Jim Costa (CA), Peter DeFazio (OR), Steve Israel (NY), Ron Kind (WI), Daniel Lipinski (IL), Stephen Lynch (MA), Carolyn Maloney (NY), Bill Pascrell Jr. (NJ), Collin Peterson (MN), C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger (MD), Tim Ryan (OH), and Adam Smith (WA).

Former Democrat Rep. Barney Frank and now-disgraced former Democrat Rep. Anthony Weiner also voted for the bill.

President-elect Donald Trump made the construction of a “real” wall along the entire 2,000-mile stretch of the southern border with Mexico a central part of his campaign. He has said the “beautiful” wall will be from 35 to 50 feet high and made of pre-cast concrete.

“I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively,” he said in his speech announcing his candidacy for the presidency. “I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: 12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back   12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 3:00 am

VectorMan wrote:
President Donald Trump will be able to order the construction of a wall on the Mexico border Wednesday with the stroke of a pen, because of a 2006 law passed with the help of Democrats including Barack Obama, Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton.

The 2006 law authorized the construction of 700 miles of fencing along the southern border, as well as additional lights, cameras and sensors to enhance security. Although former President George W. Bush signed the measure into law, the Democrat-controlled Congress that took over a few months later ensured it would never be completed by means of an amendment to a 2008 spending bill.

The amendment removed an explicit requirement the wall be made of double-layer fencing, and gave the Department of Homeland Security authority to put in place less effective barriers, such as simple vehicle barriers that do not keep pedestrians out. As a result, Democrats were able to avoid a politically unpopular vote against the wall, and then turn around and quietly gut its construction. But Trump and Republicans in the new Congress now plan to use that law to ensure a proper wall is constructed.

Since the law was never actually repealed, the federal government is still authorized to build a substantial wall on the southern border. Congress doesn’t have to pass a new law to begin construction, and can instead package the funds necessary into a massive spending bill Democrats would have a politically hard time opposing. Trump may get a head start on the process by diverting other funds congressional leaders have indicated are available for the project, ensuring a snafu over the spending bill doesn’t hinder prompt construction of the wall.

If Trump and Republicans follow through, a number of top Democrats will find they inadvertently handed Trump the border wall they now oppose. Their only option to block the construction would be to shut down the government over the matter by blocking the spending bill, a strategy they have consistently mocked and derided Republicans for using in the past.

In addition to then Sens. Obama, Biden and Clinton, 64 House Democrats and 23 Senate Democrats voted for the wall in 2006. Many of them are still in Congress, including newly-established Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.

Other Democrats in the Senate who voted for the wall in 2006 are Sens. Barbara Boxer (CA), Sherrod Brown (OH — then in the House), Tom Carper (DE), Dianne Feinstein (CA), Barbara Mikulski (MD), Bill Nelson (FL), Debbie Stabenow (MI), and Ron Wyden (OR).

There are also a number of Democrat representatives still in the House who voted for the bill: Sanford Bishop (GA), Michael Capuano (MA), Jim Cooper (TN), Jim Costa (CA), Peter DeFazio (OR), Steve Israel (NY), Ron Kind (WI), Daniel Lipinski (IL), Stephen Lynch (MA), Carolyn Maloney (NY), Bill Pascrell Jr. (NJ), Collin Peterson (MN), C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger (MD), Tim Ryan (OH), and Adam Smith (WA).

Former Democrat Rep. Barney Frank and now-disgraced former Democrat Rep. Anthony Weiner also voted for the bill.

President-elect Donald Trump made the construction of a “real” wall along the entire 2,000-mile stretch of the southern border with Mexico a central part of his campaign. He has said the “beautiful” wall will be from 35 to 50 feet high and made of pre-cast concrete.

“I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively,” he said in his speech announcing his candidacy for the presidency. “I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

Well stated....from the initial post you'll find that when you answer with facts it changes nothing...It's amazing that a week into this administration that some are already sure about the direction/decisions that will or have been made...In a week this president has already been held to more accountability and responsibility that the fowh....nice to see that those that defended/deflected/excused/whined/cried/ the last eight years are suddenly immediate result oriented...Although, I do understand the confusion/hysteria/paranoia....here's a non-politician that is actually following through on what he said and campaigned on.... The illegal immigration policies are the making of BOTH political parties for decades and has now reached a boiling point--there's enough blame to make both parties red faced and ashamed for their incompetence on this issue....The last eight years became more obvious because there was an intentional ignoring of laws on the books and manipulation of law enforcement agencies to not uphold the laws of the land...How any president, attorney general, and/or those appointed to agencies that took an oath to uphold laws are excused or pick and chose which laws will be enforced is beyond comprehension.....how states/cities and municipalities can ignore laws and allow illegals to be protected at the risk to citizens is inexcusable...Finally, and hopefully there is someone now that will attempt to deal with the problem...the wall is a first step but not the final and/or only solution....those businesses that utilize illegal labor are no better than the coyotes [human traffickers] that transport/endanger the lives of these folks and again they should have been on the justice radar a long time ago....The wall will not stop drugs 100% and there needs to be a real discussion and/or approach to both the supply and demand parts of the problem---the cost of the wall is not relevant today....simply look at the price that has been paid....
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: 12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back   12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 9:43 am

Eddard wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-leaders-back-at-least-12-billion-for-border-wall-153042941.html

Haven't been on here awhile because I was just waiting on the Trump plans to get started. Heh, heh, heh.
Old Mitch and Pauley are stuck with a certifiably insane leader in their party and neither of them knows what they can do but just follow him into hell.
A billion here, a billion there, eventually it starts to look like some real money. Plus, to help the VA he's put a hiring freeze on new workers which will further screw up that agency and according to the PNJ will be a huge drain on our local economy.
And all the Donald can think of is a picture showing there were a million or so more people on the mall the next day that didn't want him than there were the day before that did. He's not thin skinned, he's skinless.

You gentlemen really think this is going to work out? He'll be impeached or replaced over mental health issues within the second six months of his administration. Thank you founding fathers for giving us a way to get rid of a madman in the White House.

I won't attempt to predict what will happen with Trump but let's just say your track record of political predictions isn't all that great. HRC lost remember? If Trump went away and Pence took over that would be a win in my book.

12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSglacKlvcdiapWK0GAdfi-CBdhViSn9YqC7T5rj-w2iqr0x-rmBg
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: 12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back   12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 11:58 am

nochain wrote:
Eddard wrote:

I won't attempt to predict what will happen with Trump but let's just say your track record of political predictions isn't all that great. HRC lost remember? If Trump went away and Pence took over that would be a win in my book.

12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSglacKlvcdiapWK0GAdfi-CBdhViSn9YqC7T5rj-w2iqr0x-rmBg

Again.....it's been ONE WEEK!...Predictions are like opinions which are like ________.....everyone has one....they stink or perceived to do so by those that disagree...I agree, voted for Mr Trump but not a supporter or defender of some of the things that he's said...that being said there was no option of choice at the time and sitting it out would have resulted in a total disaster...So far the only decision he's made that I've disagreed with is keeping Mr Comey as Director of the FBI...Whether or not anyone agrees he [Comey] at the least appears to have used the agency in a manner that it was not intended to do and for him to testify and appear to be so confused as to what statutes define as being the criteria for a violation of the law and/or the intent of hrc....Will cut some slack as this really was the problem of ag lynch and her actions to defend or protect hrc...but when the morale of the agency is in the toilet then there should have been a change at the top and the agency can get back to doing their job and get out of being a political football....Lastly, the premise of the original post is strictly partisan bullshit....If there's anyone that truly believes that one party is or has been exclusively the problem on illegal immigration then they are only fooling themselves...being intellectually dishonest and certainly a large part of the reason for the problem in the first place...when laws on the books are not enforced or when there is a pick and choose policy there's going to be a mess...in this case a growing mess...one of the reversals in the executive order was ending the 'catch and release' policy which no matter how you spin it is being negligent of the job you took an oath to enforce...so as the old ad used to say...you can pay me now or pay me later.....
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: 12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back   12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 2:22 pm

You voted for Trump because Hillary was such a liar?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/03/politics/conway-bowling-green/

Ms Conway just made up an entire MASSACRE.
Three quarters of the people watching FoX news today (you included) will believe her.
I may not be the greatest prognasticator but I ain't no sucker and I ain't no fool.

And by the way, when you win the vote of the people of this country, regardless of the electoral college, you'll never be a loser.

And yes, I am a partisan, and so are you. You prove it with every one of your posts. The difference is I'm proud to admit it and you prefer to not tell the truth.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: 12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back   12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 2:31 pm

By the way, Howard Stern, who is a close friend of the Donald's, said recently that he doesn't think Trump's emotional state can stand the criticism he will get from being the POTUS.
I.E.- he's not stable enough to be in the office he occupies. That was your choice, between a well prepared candidate whose views you disagree with and one whose mental stability is so weak he's still trying to convince America that he won the popular vote.
My original premise was that he's not stable. It is correct. His actions verify it.
The last week has proven it. He said the roll out of his ban was smooth and efficient. He said there were more people at his inauguration than at Obama's. He cannot take the truth.
Time for his party to admit he's not mentally or emotionally capable of being president.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: 12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back   12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back EmptySat Feb 04, 2017 7:50 pm

My original premise was that he's not stable. It is correct. His actions verify it.

Eddard, Where is your degree in psychology from? CNN news? lol
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: 12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back   12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 10:39 am

Jake92 wrote:

Eddard,  Where is your degree in psychology from?  CNN news?  lol

msnbc university....ya get a 'tingle up your leg'  when you graduate.....
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: 12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back   12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 8:56 am

mediawatcher wrote:
Jake92 wrote:

Anyone who thinks Howard Stern has any credibility must have failed to get out of the 3rd grade from Munson Crossroads Elementary School....but then partisan hacks are rarely able to accept credible facts....

12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back 2Q==
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: 12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back   12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 4:41 am

nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Jake92 wrote:

Anyone who thinks Howard Stern has any credibility must have failed to get out of the 3rd grade from Munson Crossroads Elementary School....but then partisan hacks are rarely able to accept credible facts....

12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back 2Q==

Well to be fair....Jesse 'The Traitor' Ventura did say that he would have liked Howard Stern to be his VP running mate...And with his 'stability' teaming with Stern probably would have balanced out all his conspiracy theories....my favorite---the government is controlling the weather from a small facility in Alaska and can bring down natural disasters/storms on political opponents....it's gotta be true because jv wrote about it in his book which was funded by his lawsuit against a Navy Seal Widow....what a class act....Perhaps 'e' is a Stern wackpacker right up there with beetlejuice, high pitch eric, and wendy the slow adult!....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back   12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back Empty

Back to top Go down

12 Billion dollars of YOUR tax money that Mexico ain't gonna pay back
Page 1 of 1