Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Two States are doing it right.......

Go down 
+3
PkrBum
Eddard
mediawatcher
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Two States are doing it right....... Empty
PostSubject: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 8:19 am

States are once again requiring able bodied adults to put in hours in exchange for food stamps after the requirements were suspended by the [name] cowh administration.

Since 2014......Kansas:  Food stamp rolls went down by 20,000 and the incomes of those that left increased by
127%!

Since 2014.....Maine: The able bodied food stamp registers have fallen by 80% and the income of those that left has
increased by 95%....The State of Maine began becoming suspicious when it was learned that the food stamp recipients were...winning a large percentage of the state's lottery games and the ebt cards were being used on the Disneyworld Complex and surrounding Florida Areas.....2010-4,000 welfare recipients won $1000 or more: 11 won 10 times or more and 8 won prizes in excess of $500,000.00....Somehow the 'winners' kept their entitlements.....

Maybe more states will begin to see through the abuse and fraud in these programs and follow these states....Imagine in the state of Kansas---able bodied people actually had to leave the food stamp program and.....WORK!...Then they discovered their household income INCREASED.....WOW what a concept....And the poor vacationers in Maine losing their food stamp money to go to Disney...SUCKS to have to join or re-join the shrinking working class!...Wonder why most people are fed up?...
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 6:43 pm

This requirement was first put in effect during the 1990's bY POTUS William Jefferson Clinton. I hope you were saying a big thank you to him when you wrote your post.

If you read the article you'll see that many more than 2 states have renewed the requirement, including Florida.

I'm not guessing that this will make you rush out and vote for Hillary in the fall, but I will be doing just that. The Clintons are both centrists and are actually capable of running this country, unlike most of the other candidates in the race.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 8:04 am

You left out the republican congress and that bill worked with them... and that obama gutted most of those reforms.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 8:32 am

PkrBum wrote:
You left out the republican congress and that bill worked with them... and that obama gutted most of those reforms.

Thank-you!....Being that I did 'read the article'....These were the two major components that I'm glad someone picked up on that isn't a partisan hack or clinton groupie....bubba went screaming and dragging his feet for welfare reform measures from the republican congress....back when there were republicans with spines....So if bubba gets the credit for all that was done does the cowh get the blame because he gutted the reforms for his political security?...Oh, and hrc has said several times....."I stand with [name] cowh"....So guess that makes her at odds with bubba...
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 12:55 pm

mediawatcher wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Thank-you!....Being that I did 'read the article'....These were the two major components that I'm glad someone picked up on that isn't a partisan hack or clinton groupie....bubba went screaming and dragging his feet for welfare reform measures from the republican congress....back when there were republicans with spines....So if bubba gets the credit for all that was done does the cowh get the blame because he gutted the reforms for his political security?...Oh, and hrc has said several times....."I stand with [name] cowh"....So guess that makes her at odds with bubba...

Of course not! That's why Oblamer is the perfect name for that empty suit.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 6:20 am

nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Of course not! That's why Oblamer is the perfect name for that empty suit.

After almost eight years the cowh has discovered there are corporations that have left or planning to leave the US and it's a problem....and yet he still insists like hrc to be champions of the middle class and fighting for us.....Ross Perot warned of the 'sucking sound' of jobs leaving the US when NAFTA was signed by President Clinton....and the cowh supports more of this to whack the shrinking middle class once again...oh well food stamps and welfare will continue to expand....
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 12:30 pm

Just try to buy a simple light bulb, switch, or receptacle that was built in the United States..  That is what the previous 20 years of wall street and crooked politicians did to us....
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 6:59 am

Jake92 wrote:
Just try to buy a simple light bulb, switch, or receptacle that was built in the United States..  That is what the previous 20 years of wall street and crooked politicians did to us....

So perhaps there just might be something to unfair....bad trade deals?....Free trade may have sounded good at the time but it certainly appears that the US has come out on the wrong/smelly end of the stick...
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 9:25 am

Is it the cost of the labor or the work ethics of the employees that made the decision to move to other countries easy to make for the corporations?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 11:32 am

It is easy to blame another entity. Yes, corporations, in an effort to remain profitable in today's world have resorted to cheap foreign labor in an effort to supply our demands for cheap products at Walmart.

If we bought more expensive and in many instances - better quality - American products in sufficient quantities, American corporations wouldn't need to source cheap foreign labor.

Two States are doing it right....... Pogo10
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 4:17 pm

When the corp tax rate is 35%... it drives companies to evaded it by any means.

I've never understood why we have a corp tax at all. In reality it's a consumption tax... a business expense that drives consumer prices up. It's also tax upon tax upon tax. Capital gains tax, payroll tax, income tax, sales tax, luxury tax, energy tax, gas tax... etc. The get us coming... going... sitting... there's no escape.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 4:38 pm

We need to stop all taxes that are costing the LEGAL citizens and businesses a fortune and go with a national sales tax..  Businesses spend a fortune on labor costs just to figure out the taxes they have to pay, then we get charged for it thru "user taxes" or whatever other name they come up with.. Those taxes and user fees were not there a few decades ago.. Imagine the ILLEGALS and foreign tourists actually paying taxes every time they buy something..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 10:30 am

Jake92 wrote:
We need to stop all taxes that are costing the LEGAL citizens and businesses a fortune and go with a national sales tax..  Businesses spend a fortune on labor costs just to figure out the taxes they have to pay, then we get charged for it thru "user taxes" or whatever other name they come up with..  Those taxes and user fees were not there a few decades ago..  Imagine the ILLEGALS and foreign tourists actually paying taxes every time they buy something..

ILLEGALS and foreign tourists DO pay taxes every time they buy something.  It's called a sales tax.

I am in favor of a national sales tax, ONLY if all other taxes are rescinded, though.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 11:34 am

I agree the illegals pay sales taxes when they buy something from a store, but how many of them ever pay income taxes or social security?
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 1:54 pm

Jake92 wrote:
I agree the illegals pay sales taxes when they buy something from a store, but how many of them ever pay income taxes or social security?  

If they are working - even using a fake SSN - then taxes and SS are taken out of their pay. The Guvmint never has to pay them SS or refund tax money so they lose there.

Wouldn't it make more sense to make the path to citizenship a little more reasonable for those who have never been in trouble with the law?
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 2:18 pm

You know as well as everybody else that a lot of ILLEGALS work under the table and never pay a penny in taxes or social security.. I agree that is caused by crooked employers..
Just being in the country is against the law.. Besides taxes and social security, how many of them have a drivers license but no insurance? How many of them are convicted criminals but not in prison? How many of them have been deported multiple times but are back in the country selling drugs and doing other crimes?
I'll agree the path for citizenship is hard, but they have every opportunity to become citizens legally but how many million of them never take the first step to apply?
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 3:21 pm

Jake92 wrote:
You know as well as everybody else that a lot of ILLEGALS work under the table and never pay a penny in taxes or social security..  I agree that is caused by crooked employers..
Just being in the country is against the law..  Besides taxes and social security, how many of them have a drivers license but no insurance?  How many of them are convicted criminals but not in prison?  How many of them have been deported multiple times but are back in the country selling drugs and doing other crimes?
I'll agree the path for citizenship is hard, but they have every opportunity to become citizens legally but how many million of them never take the first step to apply?

Too many....we just had a lady at work - a legal immigrant from Honduras - who learned English and just became a citizen. It was a long road for her but she did it.

Just like my Great-Grandparents from Hungary in the late 1920's.

There are a lot of illegals here who would make good legal citizens if the process was more accessible and affordable.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 3:48 pm

They have a choice of following the laws or breaking them..  The ones that are breaking them should be punished with either jail where they will get classes on becoming citizens or deportation..  It's about the same thing as an illegal alien drunk driver without a drivers license being out on probation and a legal citizen with a license being locked up in jail..  Treat the criminal for the all of the crimes, not just the one that's convenient and easy..

My grand parents followed the laws and became citizens also..
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 5:46 am

nochain wrote:
Jake92 wrote:
You know as well as everybody else that a lot of ILLEGALS work under the table and never pay a penny in taxes or social security..  I agree that is caused by crooked employers..
Just being in the country is against the law..  Besides taxes and social security, how many of them have a drivers license but no insurance?  How many of them are convicted criminals but not in prison?  How many of them have been deported multiple times but are back in the country selling drugs and doing other crimes?

Too many....we just had a lady at work - a legal immigrant from Honduras - who learned English and just became a citizen. It was a long road for her but she did it.

Just like my Great-Grandparents from Hungary in the late 1920's.

There are a lot of illegals here who would make good legal citizens if the process was more accessible and affordable.

There most certainly has to be a solution...First off... the two most radical viewpoints on both ends of the political spectrum need to be thrown out...Those that are calling for all illegals to be deported is unrealistic and those that want to open up entitlements, rights, immediate citizenship [amnesty] should also be viewed as unrealistic....
There should be a system of requirements that would need to be met that could lead to citizenship down the road but certainly not immediately....this would include fines/back taxes...requiring that the individual(s) register for a work visa/pay taxes...Any and all criminals [felonies/violent crimes/] should without question be deported back to their home countries...This would allow illegals to come out of the shadows and work legally which would have immediate impact on resources that have been hit hardest [healthcare/education] and we've been paying for anyway...Further, there should be reversal of allowing sanctuary cities to exist and stop the selective or non-enforcement of immigration law violators that chose not to follow the guidelines. More enforcement of visas that have expired with no consequences and enforcement of laws against companies that would continue to employ any illegals..Requirements should also include that English is the national language and those choosing to accept the guidelines would assimilate to the laws/customs of the U.S.
Lastly, there needs to be more stringent border control....no matter the guidelines that may be implemented if the border is not controlled the chasing of the tail will continue...Experts have said that a wall is not feasible in all border areas but there are technologies that exist that could be used...
Don't think there is or will ever be a 'perfect' solution but sitting around and doing nothing for DECADES certainly hasn't been a viable solution either...There are many more requirements that could or should be added and unfortunately this would require politicians to do their jobs....I know some of the same ones that have made careers of not doing their jobs and duties as an elected official.....
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 6:48 am

I've always found it interesting that the things that the federal govt is actually constitutionally tasked with they either do a halfassed job of... or abdicate in total. Like a secure border, a sound currency, fair trade agreements, verifiably honest elections... etc. But instead it inserts itself into social issues and enacts edicts and mandates that ignore constitutional protections such as true equal opportunity and an individuals rights and redresses. A constitutional federal govt should not see or consider race, wealth, special interests... etc. Our system and the beautiful original intent has been slowly, progressively, incrementally subverted... and as time goes by generations will never know or be taught what has been lost. End rant... lol.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 7:42 am

The danger in completely disregarding existing law (something the current DOJ is good at) and opening up legalization without questions simply means an uncontrolled flood of illegals trying to jump on the wagon.

Securing the border can be done and will result not only in slowing illegal immigration but also slowing smuggling. A "twofer"!
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 8:38 am

nochain wrote:
The danger in completely disregarding existing law (something the current DOJ is good at) and opening up legalization without questions simply means an uncontrolled flood of illegals trying to jump on the wagon.

Securing the border can be done and will result not only in slowing illegal immigration but also slowing smuggling. A "twofer"!

Correct about the twofers....but it's going to require political courage and as long as this problem has been around it's just not encouraging that it will happen anytime soon....It's crazy that there's been problems with the DOJ and AG's...it's pretty simple---ENFORCE THE LAWS!....The AG's when appointed swore an obligation to do so as did the law enforcement leaders(?) in the DOJ---instead of interpreting or injecting political agenda's just enforce the laws that are on the books...To continue to allow the heroin [and other drugs] pipeline into this country is without a conscience and the cartels are and have been laughing and profiting off our spineless politicians....We continue to put a band aid on a massive sucking chest wound and wonder why it's not working---the definition of insanity.... doing the same failing thing over and over and expecting different results....
Back to top Go down
Markle

Markle

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 10:05 pm

Jake92 wrote:

As you know, it was Congress who passed laws making it illegal to sell 60 and 100 watt incandescent bulbs in the United States. That closed all the factories manufacturing them in the US.

Regulations and wages prevented the exceptionally expensive replacements to manufactured in other countries where they could legally be manufactured.

My guess is that you support the insane protests pushing for a $15.00 per hour minimum wage. Sheer insanity. Do AWAY with the minimum wage entirely.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 10:43 pm

NO Markle, I do NOT support making $15/hr to flip burgers and get orders wrong.. GE, Westinghouse, and other light bulb manufacturers moved out of the country years ago, before Congress thought about changing the law about incandescent bulbs.. It is NOT illegal to sell 60 OR 100 watt incandescent light bulbs.. You can buy all you want at most stores that sell light bulbs.. They are all made in China or other countries.. To get away from light bulbs, try buying a common switch or receptacle for your house that's made in the United States.. Of course Congress make the light bulbs illegal EVENTUALLY because Wall Street wanted them to and paid them big money to get it done.. It's similar to Dupont changing from R12 to R114 freon for air conditioners.. R12 was 98 cents a can and R114 is $5.99 or more a can.. R114 is a little tiny bit cheaper to manufacture, so Congress passed the laws making R12 illegal and other laws about reclaiming used freon and having to be licensed to buy it in bigger quantities..
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 9:57 am

Markle wrote:
Jake92 wrote:

As you know, it was Congress who passed laws making it illegal to sell 60 and 100 watt incandescent bulbs in the United States.  That closed all the factories manufacturing them in the US.

Regulations and wages prevented the exceptionally expensive replacements to manufactured in other countries where they could legally be manufactured.

My guess is that you support the insane protests pushing for a $15.00 per hour minimum wage.  Sheer insanity.  Do AWAY with the minimum wage entirely.  

Whatever has happened to the concept of these jobs being entry level?....A beginning or first step into the work force with the exception of those that may possibly go into a management level and/or franchise ownership...used to be a time that was the design of these positions not for careers....This increase will not have an effect on those at the top but will once again squeeze the middle class of those that have started at the bottom and are now beginning to work their way up...Where this has or will happen will those working in these positions have entitlements adjusted for their new wealth?...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two States are doing it right.......   Two States are doing it right....... Empty

Back to top Go down

Two States are doing it right.......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next