Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Saw Robert Plant last night

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Saw Robert Plant last night Empty
PostSubject: Saw Robert Plant last night   Saw Robert Plant last night EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 12:00 pm

I didn't think his voice would be up to it, but I was happily surprised.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Saw Robert Plant last night   Saw Robert Plant last night EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 12:59 pm

Plant had a guy from Africa, and his name was Juldeh Camara.  He played a stringed instrument that was played with a bow.  It was an African instrument called a Goje.

It sounded a lot like an electric violin and Juldeh made some sweet sounds with it.

Saw Robert Plant last night Goje10

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goje

The various names by which the goje is known by include goge (Hausa, Zarma), gonjey (Dagomba, Gurunsi), gonje, (Mamprusi, Dagomba), njarka (Songhay), n'ko (Bambara, Mandinka and other Mande languages), riti (Fula, Serer), and nyanyeru or nyanyero.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Saw Robert Plant last night   Saw Robert Plant last night EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 2:06 pm

I was going to ask about his voice. I guess what he did when young is simply impossible to expect today. Still a neat thing to see tho.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Saw Robert Plant last night   Saw Robert Plant last night EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 9:15 pm

That's pretty cool, E. I am more than a little envious.

I have to say, that is one thing that really, REALLY sucks about living in Alaska, especially in the Interior... NO ONE plays up here. And I mean NO. ONE. We have some local bands that are okay but christ, in the summer the same damn bands play every week or two. In the winter no one plays at all. We do have a couple really kick ass music festivals, but we have to drive five hours to get to one of them, haha. The other one is a couple miles from my place. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saw Robert Plant last night   Saw Robert Plant last night Empty

Back to top Go down

Saw Robert Plant last night
Page 1 of 1