Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How ironic...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nochain

nochain

How ironic... Empty
PostSubject: How ironic...   How ironic... EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 3:01 pm

A Judge appointed by Bill Clinton has opened another door in the HC email mess

"Judge opens door to new stage for Clinton email case"

A federal judge on Tuesday declared that top aides to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton should be questioned about their role in Clinton’s “homebrew” email setup, and the potential that federal open records laws were skirted.

The ruling from Judge Emmet Sullivan, of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, came in response to a long-running lawsuit from conservative legal advocacy group Judicial Watch, which has accused Clinton of deliberately thwarting the Freedom of Information Act.

Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton promised to demand answers from both current and former State Department officials to “determine why the State Department and Mrs. Clinton, even despite receiving numerous FOIA requests, kept the record system secret for years.”

The order could be a further headache for Clinton as she hopes to clinch the Democratic presidential nomination, and amid heated calls from her critics for criminal charges over mishandling of classified information.
“This case is about the public’s right to know,” Sullivan declared, according to the Washington Post.

Sullivan was appointed to the bench by President Bill Clinton.

Sullivan also hinted that he may order the government issue a subpoena to Clinton and longtime aide Huma Abedin, the Post reported, which would force them to hand over all of the emails from Clinton’s personal server. Clinton has given only about half of the roughly 60,000 emails from her time in office to the State Department for recordkeeping. The rest, she has declared, were purely personal in nature and were deleted.

Sullivan declined to take the step of ordering a subpoena Tuesday.

“While Mrs. Clinton’s testimony may not be required initially, it may happen that her testimony is necessary for the court to resolve the legal issues about her unprecedented email practices,” Fitton said in a statement after the ruling was handed down on Tuesday.

The Obama administration could still appeal the decision.

In the mean time, Sullivan on Tuesday ordered Judicial Watch and the State Department to discuss plans for moving ahead with the legal evidence-gathering process involving Clinton and her top aides, formally known as discovery. The two parties were given a series of deadline leading up to April 15.

Judicial Watch’s plans for discovery should be “narrowly tailored,” Sullivan claimed.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/270447-judge-opens-door-to-new-stage-for-clinton-email-case
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

How ironic... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How ironic...   How ironic... EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 4:26 pm

Good... her intent was and is clear to all but the willfully ignorant. There's also little doubt that her "personal" emails will contain both official govt biz and detailed proof of the conflict of interest with her clinton slush fund foundation.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

How ironic... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How ironic...   How ironic... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 4:55 am

nochain wrote:
A Judge appointed by Bill Clinton has opened another door in the HC email mess

"Judge opens door to new stage for Clinton email case"

A federal judge on Tuesday declared that top aides to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton should be questioned about their role in Clinton’s “homebrew” email setup, and the potential that federal open records laws were skirted.

The ruling from Judge Emmet Sullivan, of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, came in response to a long-running lawsuit from conservative legal advocacy group Judicial Watch, which has accused Clinton of deliberately thwarting the Freedom of Information Act.

Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton promised to demand answers from both current and former State Department officials to “determine why the State Department and Mrs. Clinton, even despite receiving numerous FOIA requests, kept the record system secret for years.”

The order could be a further headache for Clinton as she hopes to clinch the Democratic presidential nomination, and amid heated calls from her critics for criminal charges over mishandling of classified information.
“This case is about the public’s right to know,” Sullivan declared, according to the Washington Post.

Sullivan was appointed to the bench by President Bill Clinton.

Sullivan also hinted that he may order the government issue a subpoena to Clinton and longtime aide Huma Abedin, the Post reported, which would force them to hand over all of the emails from Clinton’s personal server. Clinton has given only about half of the roughly 60,000 emails from her time in office to the State Department for recordkeeping. The rest, she has declared, were purely personal in nature and were deleted.

Sullivan declined to take the step of ordering a subpoena Tuesday.

“While Mrs. Clinton’s testimony may not be required initially, it may happen that her testimony is necessary for the court to resolve the legal issues about her unprecedented email practices,” Fitton said in a statement after the ruling was handed down on Tuesday.

The Obama administration could still appeal the decision.

In the mean time, Sullivan on Tuesday ordered Judicial Watch and the State Department to discuss plans for moving ahead with the legal evidence-gathering process involving Clinton and her top aides, formally known as discovery. The two parties were given a series of deadline leading up to April 15.

Judicial Watch’s plans for discovery should be “narrowly tailored,” Sullivan claimed.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/270447-judge-opens-door-to-new-stage-for-clinton-email-case

A judge appointed by President Clinton sees a problem.....

An Inspector General appointed by the cowh...sees a problem and is blamed for a leak.....

This is truly a right-wing conspiracy being conducted by democrat appointees.... lol! lol! If a subpoena is issued to Huma would she be compelled to testify against her partner?..Or is that protected?....
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

How ironic... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How ironic...   How ironic... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 7:36 am

Now this is hard to believe even for a whiner like the farm animal but isn't she the one who has taken MILLION$ from Wall Street banks while saying how she is the only one who (except Sanders) who has a plan to beat them into submission. And the one who said she was broke when she left the W/H, and the one who railed against Romney being a millionaire (from work not speeches)???? The Farm Animal takes hypocrisy to an entirely new level.

"Clinton: 'Why is there one standard for me and not for everybody else?"

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said Tuesday she is held to a different standard than other candidates when discussing the release of transcripts of paid speeches she's made.

"Why is there one standard for me and not for everybody else?" she asked during the CNN town hall on Tuesday, to applause.

Clinton said she would agree to release the transcripts of her speeches "if everybody does it."

"And that includes the Republicans, because we know they have made a lot of speeches," she said.
"But, look, what is this about? This is about whether I have the best plan to go after Wall Street, whether I have a record that already demonstrates my willingness to take on Wall Street and financial interests and there's no question about that."

Clinton said she has a comprehensive and effective plan for combating Wall Street abuse, adding that she's clear about her position on the issue.

"As strong, I would argue, as my esteemed opponent," she said, referring to Bernie Sanders. "So, you know what, if people are going to ask for things, everybody should be on a level playing field, and I'm happy if that were the case."

She said the argument seems to be that if someone takes money from any business, then "you can't fulfill your public responsibilities."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/270536-clinton-why-is-there-one-standard-for-me-and-not-for-everybody-else

How ironic... Hillary-govt-email
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

How ironic... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How ironic...   How ironic... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 8:27 am

nochain wrote:
Now this is hard to believe even for a whiner like the farm animal but isn't she the one who has taken MILLION$ from Wall Street banks while saying how she is the only one who (except Sanders) who has a plan to beat them into submission. And the one who said she was broke when she left the W/H, and the one who railed against Romney being a millionaire (from work not speeches)???? The Farm Animal takes hypocrisy to an entirely new level.

"Clinton: 'Why is there one standard for me and not for everybody else?"

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said Tuesday she is held to a different standard than other candidates when discussing the release of transcripts of paid speeches she's made.

"Why is there one standard for me and not for everybody else?" she asked during the CNN town hall on Tuesday, to applause.

Clinton said she would agree to release the transcripts of her speeches "if everybody does it."

"And that includes the Republicans, because we know they have made a lot of speeches," she said.
"But, look, what is this about? This is about whether I have the best plan to go after Wall Street, whether I have a record that already demonstrates my willingness to take on Wall Street and financial interests and there's no question about that."

Clinton said she has a comprehensive and effective plan for combating Wall Street abuse, adding that she's clear about her position on the issue.

"As strong, I would argue, as my esteemed opponent," she said, referring to Bernie Sanders. "So, you know what, if people are going to ask for things, everybody should be on a level playing field, and I'm happy if that were the case."

She said the argument seems to be that if someone takes money from any business, then "you can't fulfill your public responsibilities."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/270536-clinton-why-is-there-one-standard-for-me-and-not-for-everybody-else

How ironic... Hillary-govt-email

She really is the best, most competent, and experienced democrat running for office!....Sure she may lie...everybody does...she even lies about a question about lying....but she and her husband are the best politicians in the US...He left with higher approval ratings than when he entered and she will do the same......

This is what a supporter/defender has said about hrc.....except the part about lying about lying....that was an observation by a political pundit watching her squirm while attempting to answer without incriminating herself....It's sad when it's front and center on display and her sheep either ignore...deflect...or are not competent on what is right or wrong.....It's like there are a bunch of 'affluenza' hrc zombies that don't know the difference between right and wrong and sadly they vote....
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

How ironic... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How ironic...   How ironic... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 8:54 am

The super delegate faction of the democratic party (the wealthy ruling elite political establishment) make up nearly a third of the delegates needed to snatch the nomination. If that isn't a rigged system I don't know what is. That literally leaves uncle bernie with ZERO chance... despite his populist support. But you hear nothing about it... and I doubt his constituents have any clue. It's kinda funny really... in an uncomfortable way.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

How ironic... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How ironic...   How ironic... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 9:02 am

PkrBum wrote:
The super delegate faction of the democratic party (the wealthy ruling elite political establishment) make up nearly a third of the delegates needed to snatch the nomination. If that isn't a rigged system I don't know what is. That literally leaves uncle bernie with ZERO chance... despite his populist support. But you hear nothing about it... and I doubt his constituents have any clue. It's kinda funny really... in an uncomfortable way.

'PkrBum'....you've defined the today's democrat party!....Before the first vote was cast they were already talking about an uphill battle because of the super delegates committed [and they should be committed] to hrc....again----BEFORE the first vote was cast and the Iowa Democrat Party has had to cover-up whether she even won there due to the Sanders Campaign challenge....She has problems winning with a freakin stacked deck!
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

How ironic... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How ironic...   How ironic... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 9:15 am

PkrBum wrote:

The only thing you'll hear about is Rep. gerrymandering, LOL, same thing as DNC SD just wrong because it's supposedly confined to Rep districts. We need to flush the toilet on the whole political system (the electoral college in particular) and just go to the popular vote. In this age of high speed computers that should be an easy thing to do if you can keep special interests and politicians from interfering. And we have the audacity to whine about elections in other country's.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

How ironic... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How ironic...   How ironic... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 9:21 am

nochain wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

The only thing you'll hear about is Rep. gerrymandering, LOL, same thing as DNC SD just wrong because it's supposedly confined to Rep districts. We need to flush the toilet on the whole political system (the electoral college in particular) and just go to the popular vote. In this age of high speed computers that should be an easy thing to do if you can keep special interests and politicians from interfering. And we have the audacity to whine about elections in other country's.

cheers

Popular vote would be fine....FLUSH all the career politicians...except....could the sewage system handle that much shit at once?
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

How ironic... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How ironic...   How ironic... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 9:27 am

mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

cheers

Popular vote would be fine....FLUSH all the career politicians...except....could the sewage system handle that much shit at once?

Well you do have a good point there, maybe send all of the politicians to Somalia - they don't have sewage systems there in most places so they could just be tossed in a gutter along with the rest of the caca.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

How ironic... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How ironic...   How ironic... EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 6:54 am

nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

cheers

Well you do have a good point there, maybe send all of the politicians to Somalia - they don't have sewage systems there in most places so they could just be tossed in a gutter along with the rest of the caca.

The Somali people would revolt....and build a wall to protect their borders!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How ironic... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How ironic...   How ironic... Empty

Back to top Go down

How ironic...
Page 1 of 1