Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Gitmo......

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mediawatcher

PostSubject: Gitmo......   Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:40 am

The cowh is set to address today his plans for completely closing Gitmo Facility within the next ten months when his failed second term comes to an end....
     Guess we'll find out where the likes of KSM will be held or maybe because of good behavior he and the others will  be released back to a ME country that will 'monitor' them....Don't see how if they are detained in some Federal Facility that the conditions would be any different than Gitmo....well except they would have access to millions of dollars in soccer complex and other comforts....geez terrorists get this and veterans have been left to die...what a country....Maybe homeless veterans and other vets could be housed there....receive medial treatment and job training skills to enter the work force...
Back to top Go down
nochain

PostSubject: Re: Gitmo......   Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:56 am

Actually not a bad idea, I've been there and it's a very nice place.

As for the terrorists there, load 'em up and fly them to the most remote part of Afghanistan and dump their sorry butts off. Well, maybe land the plane first....
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Gitmo......   Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:02 am

nochain wrote:

As for the terrorists there, load 'em up and fly them to the most remote part of Afghanistan and dump their sorry butts off. Well, maybe land the plane first....

Set them free in the air no need to go all the way to Afghanistan.....although environmentalists would bitch about the trash in the ocean....
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Gitmo......   Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:09 am

nochain wrote:

Of course now that we are reestablishing relationships with Cuba...flights to and from being negotiated...The Castro regime now wants the Gitmo land returned to Cuba....The administration says that's not on the table so it's probably a done deal so that President Trump won't be able to send captured terrorists there....
Back to top Go down
nochain

PostSubject: Re: Gitmo......   Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:48 pm

I don't believe they'll give Gitmo back, it's a permanent lease so we are paying for it - I think just under $5,000 per year - what's that, about 75% of Cubas GNP now?
Back to top Go down
Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Gitmo......   Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:24 pm

mediawatcher wrote:
The cowh is set to address today his plans for completely closing Gitmo Facility within the next ten months when his failed second term comes to an end....
     Guess we'll find out where the likes of KSM will be held or maybe because of good behavior he and the others will  be released back to a ME country that will 'monitor' them....Don't see how if they are detained in some Federal Facility that the conditions would be any different than Gitmo....well except they would have access to millions of dollars in soccer complex and other comforts....geez terrorists get this and veterans have been left to die...what a country....Maybe homeless veterans and other vets could be housed there....receive medial treatment and job training skills to enter the work force...

No, he is NOT. That's a lie told by Marco Rubio immediately after Obama's speech this morning. Rubio said Obama wanted to close down Gitmo, the detention center, and said Obama may even want to close down the whole base and give it back to the Communist government in Cuba. Big LIE. HUGE LIE.

I agree with you that housing them in maximum security prisons in the US wouldn't be any different than Gitmo, but the entire Republican party obviously believes the terrorists in Gitmo are some kind of Supermen who would fly out over the walls and terrorize the citizens that live nearby. It's idiotic. We are spending millions and millions of dollars yearly to house these people because we won't let them on US Soil.
Republicans were willing to consider closing it until Obama got into office and it's just part of their "give Obama nothing" policy that they are against it now.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Gitmo......   Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:51 am

nochain wrote:
I don't believe they'll give Gitmo back, it's a permanent lease so we are paying for it - I think just under $5,000 per year - what's that, about 75% of Cubas GNP now?

Once again we'll see the backbone of the GOP leadership in Congress...There are several experts that claim that only Congress can vote to close down the facility...There are even democrats [up for re-election] that are opposing the facility being closed and terrorists relocated to prisons within the US....
Watched the Rubio interview and he only spoke to the central issue in this matter...he never said that the entire base/land would be given to the Cuban Government....He further added that congress will challenge any attempt to close and terrorists relocated....The report about the entire base being returned originated from the Cuban Government while negotiating flights to and from Cuba...not Sen Rubio or any other republican.....The Commanding General was interviewed and he agreed that he highly doubted it would be returned...I joked that since the administration stated this [return to Cuba] was not on the table that it was probably a done deal....well based on how well their foreign policy negotiations have been in the past....Think a head exploded because I wrote 'President Trump'......
Back to top Go down
nochain

PostSubject: Re: Gitmo......   Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:45 am

mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

Once again we'll see the backbone of the GOP leadership in Congress...There are several experts that claim that only Congress can vote to close down the facility...There are even democrats [up for re-election] that are opposing the facility being closed and terrorists relocated to prisons within the US....
     Watched the Rubio interview and he only spoke to the central issue in this matter...he never said that the entire base/land would be given to the Cuban Government....He further added that congress will challenge any attempt to close and terrorists relocated....The report about the entire base being returned originated from the Cuban Government while negotiating flights to and from Cuba...not Sen Rubio or any other republican.....The Commanding General was interviewed and he agreed that he highly doubted it would be returned...I joked that since the administration stated this [return to Cuba] was not on the table that it was probably a done deal....well based on how well their foreign policy negotiations have been in the past....Think a head exploded because I wrote 'President Trump'......

It's much easier for liberals to leap to conclusions and start shouting LIAR LIAR than study what is actually said, and even more difficult to comprehend the meaning. Of course everyone remembers how another liberal Pres (Carter) handed over the Panama Canal free of charge resulting in a crisis after about 10 years that required a Rep Pres (Bush) to send in troops to stabilize the situation and capture Noriega. Seems like liberals are great at breaking glass and having others come in and sweep up the mess.......then whining about the situation.

Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Gitmo......   Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:51 am

nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

It's much easier for liberals to leap to conclusions and start shouting LIAR LIAR than study what is actually said, and even more difficult to comprehend the meaning. Of course everyone remembers how another liberal Pres (Carter) handed over the Panama Canal free of charge resulting in a crisis after about 10 years that required a Rep Pres (Bush) to send in troops to stabilize the situation and capture Noriega. Seems like liberals are great at breaking glass and having others come in and sweep up the mess.......then whining about the situation.

Great point.....many were surprised how easily the US handed over the Panama Canal...They really shouldn't shout LIAR...LIAR....hrc may hurt her neck turning around....Again would anyone be surprised if this bunch would consider closing the entire operation?...Hey...they traded five high profile terrorists for a traitor.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gitmo......   

Back to top Go down

Gitmo......
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Politics-
Jump to: