Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Teo

Go down 
+4
Eric
riceme
Writlarge
PkrBum
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PkrBum

PkrBum

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Teo   Teo EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 9:21 am

Just wanted to let y'all know that there's a message on the other forum that Teo has had what they think is an aneurysm. There are no other details yet.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 9:26 am

Thanks for letting us know, man.

I will keep him in my prayers
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
PkrBum

PkrBum

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 9:44 am

Thanks Eric. I remember when I first saw the pnj forum... I think I had read the comments under an article and clicked on Bob's name because of the interesting way he had made his point. I then saw his forum posts and began reading (for many months). The characters were very interesting... you, Bob, Teo were my favorites... finally I decided to jump in. What a mess... lol. But I can honestly say that its been a unique and beneficial experience and I'm glad to have gotten to know every person. Take care Teo... We'll keep the thread open for ya.
Back to top Go down
Writlarge

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 12:45 pm

PkrBum wrote:
Thanks Eric. I remember when I first saw the pnj forum... I think I had read the comments under an article and clicked on Bob's name because of the interesting way he had made his point. I then saw his forum posts and began reading (for many months). The characters were very interesting... you, Bob, Teo were my favorites... finally I decided to jump in. What a mess... lol. But I can honestly say that its been a unique and beneficial experience and I'm glad to have gotten to know every person. Take care Teo... We'll keep the thread open for ya.

That old PNJ forum was something else.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 7:25 pm

Lisa just wrote that Teo is doing ok. He's waiting to talk to the surgeon... I don't know if that's pre-op or post-op.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 10:07 pm

What??! Can someone give me more information? Is it "just" an aneurysm or did it rupture??
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 7:22 am

I don't know any details. Lisa posted that he was expecting two dr visits today to discuss options. Apparently one wants to operate and the other less so. I don't know how the condition manifested itself... I'm guessing a terrible headache. I think if it had ruptured that they would've operated immediately. I hope it turns out that he just dodged a major bullet.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 am

^Okay. Yes, in my experience there are no options but surgery after a rupture, and people argue over what to do before one. Please keep me posted on what happens. I love Teo and am very concerned for he and his family. Thank you, Pkr.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 11:43 am

You would think that you just don't sit around waiting for it to rupture. I mean, what would happen if it ruptured while away from immediate assistance, like kayaking or camping?
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 12:03 pm

Lisa just said surgery is at 7am. Scary stuff.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 9:04 pm

Eric wrote:
You would think that you just don't sit around waiting for it to rupture.  I mean, what would happen if it ruptured while away from immediate assistance, like kayaking or camping?

My grandpa's aneurysm ruptured while he was fishing in the high Sierras. My grandma tried to get him home to a hospital but he died on the way. This was back in the early 60s, but even in the 90s my step-dad did not make it just from his home to the hospital via ambulance ride, although his was very bad.

I don't understand what the debate would be or why they would wait in Teo's case. That is very upsetting to me. Please keep me posted. I am very worried about our friend.

Prayers going up for T.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 10:11 pm

Teo's own words:
Now look here y'all you made my daughter cry. Thanks...She let me use her mac so I thought I would type a few words of gratitude for the blessing of knowing you here. The doctor is surprised by my condition he says a third of the patients having my condition never make it to the hospital and an equal number have serious speech and motor skill abnormalities. They say I have no apparent damage other than a large aneurism ruptured on my frontal lobe. The doctor wants to lift the hood and fix the problem but warns me of further stroke complications. He's going to explain my options today. I have few evidently....thanks for your prayers...
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 11:16 pm

Thank you, E. I feel a little better now. As aneurysms run in my family, I have had terrible visions in my head.

Sad I hope T is okay.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 11:57 pm

Lisa said that now the surgery w be at 8:30... and it's a bit more complicated.

Hang in there Ricey... the surgery could take a few hours. Hopefully we hear something by noon cst.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 12:48 am

I will be at work... If I PM you my phone number will you text me?
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 1:08 am

Of course... I'll let you know right away.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 1:14 am

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 2:07 pm

Update - surgeon has made it to the aneurysm site and is clamping it now. He has done great so far" from Lisa 12 a little after noon.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 8:19 pm

This is the latest from lisa12 " The surgeon finally came to speak with the family about an hour ago. The good news is that he survived. However, there are some very severe complications that are likely. Three arteries (I think they are arteries anyways) had to be sacrificed, which can affect his personality due to their location. Also, about 30% suffer heart damage. The surgeon said it was one of the biggest aneurysms he personally had ever worked on. He will remain in ICU for at least 14 days for monitoring of his brain and heart. For those of you so inclined, I am sure we would welcome continued prayers both for himself and his children and grandchildren. On behalf of Teo and his family, thank you so much for the concern and support."
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 8:28 pm

Thank you for keeping me posted all day. I really appreciate it. Since he's going to be in the hospital for a while, does anyone know what hospital and room #?
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 7:26 am

riceme wrote:
Thank you for keeping me posted all day. I really appreciate it. Since he's going to be in the hospital for a while, does anyone know what hospital and room #?

Great idea... I'll try to get that info.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 3:07 pm

From noon today: " I was going to wait for some more news to update, but he still has not woken up from the anesthesia. His vitals are good and his eyes seem fine, so hopefully he is just taking his time."
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 10:47 am

He still hasn't woken up.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 3:33 pm

I tried to research how long it takes to wake up after this surgery but the answers vary widely. Pretty worried about our buddy... sending up all the best thoughts. Thank you Pkr, for keeping us posted. I don't know if his daughter or Lisa is reading his emails or texts but I sent both just for good measure.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 5:10 pm

I'm really worried too. It seems like a long time. Godspeed Teo.

I found this... I guess it's not abnormal.

http://www.bafound.org/survivor-stories-11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Teo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teo   Teo Empty

Back to top Go down

Teo
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: General-
Jump to: