Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rubio closing gap on Bush. Anybody here consider him viable?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Rubio closing gap on Bush.  Anybody here consider him viable? Empty
PostSubject: Rubio closing gap on Bush. Anybody here consider him viable?   Rubio closing gap on Bush.  Anybody here consider him viable? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 12:55 pm

Rubio closing gap on Bush.  Anybody here consider him viable? Rubio210

The whole article at NY Times LINK

Quote :
The sense that Mr. Rubio’s position has improved is reflected in the betting markets, which show him rising steadily to a 29 percent chance of winning the nomination, more than twice the 13 percent he held before the last Republican debate. Mr. Bush is at 31 percent.

Mr. Rubio, however, will still need to capitalize on the voids created by Mr. Walker’s exit and Mr. Bush’s weakness. With well-received debate performances, he has been praised as the best communicator in his party and has strong favorability ratings. But he has not yet become the top choice of many party elites or voters; in fact, he holds about as much support in the polls as Mr. Bush, and far fewer endorsements.

Mr. Rubio’s biggest shortcoming is that he is not the natural favorite of any wing of the party, which is the easiest way for a candidate to become the first choice of a meaningful block of voters. He’s the opposite of candidates like Mr. Cruz, Mike Huckabee, Rand Paul and John Kasich, who have messages and political identities that resonate with one of the party’s core constituencies, like the Tea Party, evangelicals, libertarians or moderates.

Mr. Rubio’s challenge could simply be a reflection of his greatest strength — his wide appeal. The son-of-a-bartender message is so broadly attractive in part because it’s aimed at no one, except, perhaps, bartender households.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Rubio closing gap on Bush. Anybody here consider him viable?   Rubio closing gap on Bush.  Anybody here consider him viable? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 3:29 pm

I don't see any real difference between bush3, rubio, hillary, biden, christy, graham, jindal, huckster... they might subtly use govt in different ways for slightly different reasons... but they all believe issues require govt solutions. I'm sick of that mentality. I'm ready for individuals to be responsible for themselves... sink or swim. The secret to a strong country is bunch of strong individuals.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Rubio closing gap on Bush. Anybody here consider him viable?   Rubio closing gap on Bush.  Anybody here consider him viable? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 4:48 am

PkrBum wrote:
I don't see any real difference between bush3, rubio, hillary, biden, christy, graham, jindal, huckster... they might subtly use govt in different ways for slightly different reasons... but they all believe issues require govt solutions. I'm sick of that mentality. I'm ready for individuals to be responsible for themselves... sink or swim. The secret to a strong country is bunch of strong individuals.

He was accurate in a prediction....During the last Republican Debate [Sept] Sen Rubio was asked about Putin and Russia's world intentions.....In his answer Rubio stated that within the next two weeks that Putin would order airstrikes in Syria in order to assist Assad and to fill the power void vacated by the United States...

My only real objection to him and others that come from a Senate background is that when you listen to these men and women speak.....they throw around millions....billions....and trillions....without even blinking an eye....They have never had to be in a position like governors which many are mandated to pass balanced budgets...

Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Rubio closing gap on Bush. Anybody here consider him viable?   Rubio closing gap on Bush.  Anybody here consider him viable? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 8:00 am

He has missed A LOT of opportunities on the Hill to vote on issues because he chooses to be an outsider. That will make it tough to get his (if or when) priority legislation enacted. However on a positive note he is a relative outsider on the Hill. I just wonder who Trumps supporters will shift to when he flames out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rubio closing gap on Bush. Anybody here consider him viable?   Rubio closing gap on Bush.  Anybody here consider him viable? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rubio closing gap on Bush. Anybody here consider him viable?
Page 1 of 1