Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I can't stop laughing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nochain

nochain

I can't stop laughing Empty
PostSubject: I can't stop laughing   I can't stop laughing EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 10:38 am

Academics can be idiots too, I mean seriously - what other result did they think would happen? More leaks maybe? Geez.

"Scientists: Replacing old gas pipes reduces leaks"

Millions of dollars invested in the last decade to replace crumbling natural gas mains in cities like Cincinnati and Durham, N.C. are having a dramatic impact on leaks, a new study released today shows.

Researchers also cruised the streets of Manhattan with a methane-detecting instrument to map the dramatic frequency of leaks from Civil War-era pipes that still plague the gas infrastructure.

The differences in the leaks detected across those cities are dramatic. In New York, where it could take more than 50 years to upgrade old iron and bare-steel pipes, researchers found more than 1,000 gas leaks still plaguing the city.

By comparison, the scientists found 132 and 351 gas leaks respectively in Durham and Cincinnati, where utilities are executing aggressive replacement plans, according to the findings published today in the peer-reviewed journal Environmental Science and Technology.

“There hasn’t before been a solid example of the efficacy of pipeline replacement programs,” said Rob Jackson, an author of the paper and environmental scientist at Stanford University.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/09/09/scientists-replacing-old-gas-pipes-reduces-leaks/71898584/
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: I can't stop laughing   I can't stop laughing EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 10:44 am

Well, duh.

Of course it is advantageous to replace the pipes. It does cost money, however, but in the long run, it would probably be cheaper to replace the pipes when compared to the lost revenues from gas leaking out of their pipes.

Here is another good one:
Quote :
The Pentagon was inundated with so many studies in 2010 that it commissioned a study to determined how much it cost to produce all those studies.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: I can't stop laughing   I can't stop laughing EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 10:46 am

Also in the ridiculous department, is this where we are headed?

I can't stop laughing 35jVSH0

Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: I can't stop laughing   I can't stop laughing EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 10:50 am

Eric wrote:

It's what happens when a minority of people have a majority of the attention. We are turning into FRANCE!!!!
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: I can't stop laughing   I can't stop laughing EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 7:20 am

nochain wrote:
Eric wrote:

It's what happens when a minority of people have a majority of the attention. We are turning into FRANCE!!!!

What was another studies conclusion a couple of months ago....traffic crashes are a result of moving vehicles!!!...How many of us could have made MILLIONS with that study?....We can't take care of our Veterans but we fund crap like this?....
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: I can't stop laughing   I can't stop laughing EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 7:25 am

[quote="mediawatcher"]
nochain wrote:
Eric wrote:

What was another studies  conclusion a couple of months ago....traffic crashes are a result of moving vehicles!!!...How many of us could have made MILLIONS with that study?....We can't take care of our Veterans but we fund crap like this?...

The clerk in Kentucky should have simply been fired to end the nonsense.....incarceration only fueled the publicity...She's a government employee and to not do her job in compliance with the laws is not acceptable....WELL unless you're one of thousands of government employees...elected officials that did the same thing by not enforcing the immigration laws...There is or should be no difference...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I can't stop laughing   I can't stop laughing Empty

Back to top Go down

I can't stop laughing
Page 1 of 1