Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ok Just checking in

Go down 
+4
TEOTWAWKI
Eric
Admin
hallmarkgrad
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Ok  Just checking in Empty
PostSubject: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:52 pm

Thanks. I hope we can make this work. bounce
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:54 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:

Thanks for joining hallmark. Talk it up to all your pals from PNJ that refuse to join PDF because of the immaturity that goes on over there.
Back to top Go down
https://pensacoladaily.forumotion.com
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 9:23 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:

Hello, Georgie Boy!
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 9:31 pm

Good to see ya Mr E. I have a good feeling about this............ Razz
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 9:34 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Good to see ya Mr E. I have a good feeling about this............ Razz

THAT ain't you in that Avatar is it? (I gotta know before I make fun of it)

Hey! Where'd it go?
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 9:37 pm

LOL No it is not me. too Macho to be me.... I changed it. I dont want to start something right off the bat. Maybe later. That is some guy who ran from New Orleans to NAS. 60 miles a day or something like that..Ok  Just checking in T6ywja

Last edited by hallmarkgrad on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 9:40 pm

Hey there folks.....let's not cuss any here. Pretend your mommys watching over your shoulder...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:02 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Hey there folks.....let's not cuss any here. Pretend your mommys watching over your shoulder...

Yeah! We can insult each other in a civil manner... Like a diplomat. A good diplomat can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will be lookin' forward to the journey Razz
Back to top Go down
othershoe

othershoe

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 11:15 pm

Hello, just looking around. good to see some familiar faces and a somewhat familiar landscape. What's with the "upside-down" posting order? Is there a way for someone reading it to change that for themselves if they prefer it old-to-new instead of new-to-old?
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:47 am

othershoe wrote:
Hello, just looking around. good to see some familiar faces and a somewhat familiar landscape. What's with the "upside-down" posting order? Is there a way for someone reading it to change that for themselves if they prefer it old-to-new instead of new-to-old?

Good morning othershoe and welcome to fantasy island...I mean Ghost's forum.
Back to top Go down
othershoe

othershoe

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:05 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
othershoe wrote:

Thanks Teo. I see the oder of posts has switched and also the left/right location of the avitars. I like it this way. The left/right doesn't make and difference to me one way or the other but the "upside-down" post order was making my eyes cross, sort of!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:07 pm

othershoe wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
othershoe wrote:

Thanks Teo. I see the oder of posts has switched and also the left/right location of the avitars. I like it this way. The left/right doesn't make and difference to me one way or the other but the "upside-down" post order was making my eyes cross, sort of!

Specially for you OS. I saw your post about reading upside down and decided to change it. Welcome back.
Back to top Go down
othershoe

othershoe

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:10 pm

Admin wrote:

Specially for you OS. I saw your post about reading upside down and decided to change it. Welcome back.

Well, indeed! I had no idea I had THAT much POWER! LOL
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:19 pm

This will be a new venue for many of us. Having someone/s who is actually interested in what people say and do. I trust we can all pull together and do what we can to help Ghost out, I started a small online newspaper and it was much more work than I thought it would be. All of us are bringing something to the table. How and what we post and how we inter act with each other will set the tone for the forum.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:25 pm

Well stated Hallmark.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:29 pm

Welcome Joani and thanks for joining. I believe that if we all work together we can make this darn thing very successful.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:31 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
LOL No it is not me. too Macho to be me.... I changed it. I dont want to start something right off the bat. Maybe later. That is some guy who ran from New Orleans to NAS. 60 miles a day or something like that..Ok  Just checking in T6ywja

Okay, time to start some trouble...

Georgie, I wouldn't call that a pic of a MACHO man... Is that even a man? If it is, it looks sissyfied.

(I have no room to talk, I can't throw either. In a church softball league, they put me in Left Field and I had trouble reaching third base with throws.)
Back to top Go down
othershoe

othershoe

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:33 pm

Yes, thank you to Ghost for what must be a rather impressive dedication of time and attention on his/her? part! I love your avatar Ghost, it is so arty. I see there is a "watch this topic for replies" option that looks very cool too.
Back to top Go down
othershoe

othershoe

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:36 pm

EricEricson wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:

Okay, time to start some trouble...

Georgie, I wouldn't call that a pic of a MACHO man... Is that even a man? If it is, it looks sissyfied.

(I have no room to talk, I can't throw either. In a church softball league, they put me in Left Field and I had trouble reaching third base with throws.)
The photo might be pasted next to this dictionary definition?

an·drog·y·nous (n-drj-ns)
adj.
1. Biology Having both female and male characteristics; hermaphroditic.
2. Being neither distinguishably masculine nor feminine, as in dress, appearance, or behavior.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 1:08 pm

He might not be a bad guy. I was picking on him because he threw out a "first" ball at Studer Palace...........
Four-State Run Benefiting the Lighthouse and Museum
Long distance runner George Melichar will be running from the French Quarter in New Orleans to the Pensacola Lighthouse this July to raise money for the restoration of the Pensacola Lighthouse. He will also be running in honor of the orphaned children attending the Salvation Centre School in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Billed as the 'Krewe du Shoe Run', Melichar will be running an average of 60 miles per day to cover the total distance of over 230 miles in 4 days on July 24-27.

"My passion for running in New Orleans has lead me to serve my community by aiding in recovery." says Melichar, "As I have traveled the world running marathons, I have come to appreciate the city landmarks, the neighborhoods I run trough, and the residents enthusiasm as I run past."

According to Melichar his goal is to raise $800,000 needed to repoint or restore the weathered masonry in these historical lighthouse buildings to ensure they are around for future generations. Support George's effort with your donation.

Last edited by hallmarkgrad on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 1:11 pm

I am a Marathon Athlete. My goal is to to "champion" issues facing Gulf coast/New Orleans recovery efforts + global issues.

A little about myself: In 2009 I retired from my career in commodities at the Chicago CME Group (also known as the Board of Trade) and moved to New Orleans where I became an involved resident in the city’s recovery process. After volunteering in the recovery school districts as a volunteer art club teacher at selected schools, and working full-time in retail, I searched for a broader service opportunity.

When I lived in Chicago I was always a fan of power-walking on pedestrian paths along Lake Michigan and now everywhere in New Orleans. This activity lead to the dedication and passion for running inspired by one of my athletic mentors Joe Myers. What was intended to be a fitness experiment for my fight with the disease of obesity (I once weighed over 300 lbs,), has become a call to helping others through running. One of the gratifications I have encountered is now seeing my friends locally and nationally charitably involved in 10k, and 1⁄2Marathons.

Upcoming 2012 Tour Dates:

(***) Need to Purchase Bib
(+++) Need Lodging

Mississippi Blues Marathon 1/7 Finished
R&R Phoenix, AZ Marathon 1/15 Finished
CowTown 10K finished
CowTown Ultra Marathon Finished
R&R New Orleans,LA Marathon 3/4 Finished
LA 5K 3/17
LA Marathon 3/18
R&R Dallas 1/2 Marathon 3/25
Crescent City Classic 10K 4/7(***)
R&R Madrid Marathon 4/22
R&R Nashville Marathon 4/28
Capital City 1/2 Marathon 5/5
R&R Portland 1/2 Marathon 5/20(***)
Stockholm, SW Marathon 6/2
R&R Seattle Marathon 6/23
San Francisco Marathon 7/29(***)(+++)
R&R Providence Marathon 8/19(***)(+++)
R&R Philadelphia 1/2 Marathon(***)(+++)
MY BIRTHDAY + MADONNA CONCERT Chicago 9/19
R&R Denver Marathon 9/23(***)(+++)
Chicago Marathon 10/6(+++)
Gulf Coast 1/2 Marathon(***)
Detroit Free Press Marathon 10/21(***)(+++)
R&R LA 1/2 Marathon(***)(+++)
New York Or Savannah Marathon 11/3(***)(+++)
R&R San Antonio Marathon 11/11(***)
R&R Las Vegas Marathon 12/2(***)(+++)
R&R Miami 1/2 Marathon(***)
Ole' Man River 1/2 Marathon(***)
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 1:50 pm

Oh, I'm sure he is a good guy and everything, Georgie. His legs look well toned.

I was just making fun of the way he is throwing the ball. Wink
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:41 pm

Thats why I posted it. LOL I think I would be fun to watch him jog into the gas station in Seminole. And his name is George so he cant be all bad.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:48 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Thats why I posted it. LOL I think I would be fun to watch him jog into the gas station in Seminole. And his name is George so he cant be all bad.

And is that a bow in his hair? affraid

Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 8:12 pm

Admin wrote:
Welcome Joani and thanks for joining. I believe that if we all work together we can make this darn thing very successful.

Thank you Ghost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok Just checking in   Ok  Just checking in Empty

Back to top Go down

Ok Just checking in
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next