Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fantasyland - Iran Nuke Deal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Fantasyland - Iran Nuke Deal Empty
PostSubject: Fantasyland - Iran Nuke Deal   Fantasyland - Iran Nuke Deal EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 8:23 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/04/02/preliminary-agreement-reportedly-reached-in-iran-nuke-talks/

Fantasyland - Iran Nuke Deal TIwkCsh
Iranians take to the streets to celebrate

Quote :
nuke deal
Published April 02, 2015FoxNews.com
Facebook791 Twitter1252 livefyre14377 Email Print

NOW PLAYING
McFarland: Obama, Kerry 'got played' by Iran
The U.S. and international negotiators announced the hard-fought framework for an Iranian nuclear deal Thursday, capping days of exhaustive and tense talks that blew past their original deadline.

The plan, containing dozens of provisions, would effectively require Iran to wind down or suspend parts of its nuclear program that could be used for nuclear weapon development in exchange for sweeping sanctions relief. The preliminary agreement allows all sides -- the U.S., Iran and five other world powers -- to continue working toward a final deal by a June 30 deadline.

Speaking in the Rose Garden shortly after negotiators unveiled the plan in Switzerland, President Obama called the agreement a "historic understanding."

"It is a good deal," Obama said.

The announcement follows days of talks that went into overtime after missing a March 31 deadline, raising doubts on whether the negotiators could reach any agreement at all. Even with the framework, negotiators have weeks of talks ahead of them. And critics were likely to oppose the "plan of action" because of concessions allowing Iran to maintain significant elements of a program that could, someday, be used to produce either energy or nuclear arms. Most immediately, Obama will face pressure from congressional skeptics concerned about the direction of talks and seeking a vote on Capitol Hill.

Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee reiterated Thursday that his panel would take up a bill later this month requiring congressional review of any deal.

"If a final agreement is reached, the American people, through their elected representatives, must have the opportunity to weigh in to ensure the deal truly can eliminate the threat of Iran's nuclear program and hold the regime accountable," Corker said in a statement.

But Obama urged Congress to give the agreement a chance, and stressed that negotiations are not over yet. He claimed the framework, if fully implemented, would prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon.

"This framework would cut off every pathway Iran could take to obtain a nuclear weapon," he said.

A fact-sheet accompanying the announcement outlined dozens of key "parameters" the negotiators had agreed to. Among them, Iran agreed to cut its installed centrifuges by two-thirds, from 19,000 today to 6,104 -- with just over 5,000 of them enriching uranium for 10 years.

According to the document, Iran agreed not to enrich uranium at its contentious Fordo facility for at least 15 years, and would not build any new facilities for enrichment for the same time period. The framework would allow international inspectors to have "regular access" to nuclear sites. In exchange, U.S. and European Union sanctions would be suspended after inspectors verify Iran "has taken all of its key nuclear-related steps." Sanctions, the document said, would "snap back" if Iran breaches the commitments.

"If Iran cheats, the world will know it," Obama said. He said the "vast majority" of Iran's enriched uranium stockpile would be "neutralized." Further, negotiators said the "breakout time" -- or the time it would take for Iran to get enough material for one weapon -- would extend from two to three months, to a year.

So, did we agree to relax sanctions? There are a slew of pics like the one I posted... as if the Iranians have something real to celebrate.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Fantasyland - Iran Nuke Deal   Fantasyland - Iran Nuke Deal EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 10:15 pm

I'm willing to wait and see. Something is better than nothing, IMO.
I've seen the pictures today on TV too. The Iranian people are tired of being the pariahs of the civilized world. My understanding is that most of them would like to become closer to the West. They play our music, they wear our jeans and they are not demons.
Bob Corker isn't going to like the deal because the last thing the Republican party has wanted for years and years is peace. Peace doesn't swell the military budgets and fuel the defense contractors wallets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasyland - Iran Nuke Deal   Fantasyland - Iran Nuke Deal EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:38 pm

Eddard wrote:
I'm willing to wait and see. Something is better than nothing, IMO.
I've seen the pictures today on TV too. The Iranian people are tired of being the pariahs of the civilized world. My understanding is that most of them would like to become closer to the West. They play our music, they wear our jeans and they are not demons.
Bob Corker isn't going to like the deal because the last thing the Republican party has wanted for years and years is peace. Peace doesn't swell the military budgets and fuel the defense contractors wallets.

Fantasyland - Iran Nuke Deal Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSG24y8JT0hUcfQ29FWd_eCgpK2NOeTwq92bZN1XxcJL9G0_crH

Yeah sure... The Democrats believe in peaceful solutions that won't spend money on munitions that support the MIC because they're all about flowers and Nobel Peace prizes to prove their peaceful intentions. That's why the current Democratic leader decided to bomb the crap out of a sovereign nation and murdering over 25,000 people without Congressional or the people of the United States approval..... Perhaps the bombs dropped on those unsuspecting people were supposed to be filled with flowers and resolutions to make sure Hillary receives a Nobel Peace prize too?

*****SARCASTIC CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kEDa6bXnA8

Smile
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Fantasyland - Iran Nuke Deal   Fantasyland - Iran Nuke Deal EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 12:40 am

The only truly deluded people left in the USA are those that believe that democrats and republicans are different, and that one is better than the other. Should just call them all assholes and be precise.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Fantasyland - Iran Nuke Deal   Fantasyland - Iran Nuke Deal EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 8:11 am

This is no deal for the U.S.

Kerry was manipulated by Iran - even France is irritated with Kerry.

I also find it disgusting when people state Republicans are all in for war etc and are the only party tied to the "MIC" as they say. I call that what it is - B.S.

I've done my share of combat and have no desire to do so again. Nor do I know ANYBODY who wants to engage our young folks in combat.

The ones screeching about it have no clue.....and no experience....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasyland - Iran Nuke Deal   Fantasyland - Iran Nuke Deal Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasyland - Iran Nuke Deal
Page 1 of 1