Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Senators Paul, Booker, and Gillibrand introduce bill to allow Medical Marijuana in all the states.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Senators Paul, Booker, and Gillibrand introduce bill to allow Medical Marijuana in all the states. Empty
PostSubject: Senators Paul, Booker, and Gillibrand introduce bill to allow Medical Marijuana in all the states.   Senators Paul, Booker, and Gillibrand introduce bill to allow Medical Marijuana in all the states. EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 10:31 am

When I skimmed over this article, I got the impression that this bipartisan bill would force MM on the states. I think it is properly worded to allow the states to regulate and permit MM if they so choose.

http://www.statecolumn.com/2015/03/senators-introduce-bipartisan-bill-to-legalize-medicinal-marijuana-in-all-states/

Quote :
The Compassionate Access, Research Expansion and Respect States (CARERS) Act would “allow patients, doctors and businesses in states that have already passed medical marijuana laws to participate in those programs without fear of federal prosecution,” said a joint statement from the senators.

The bill would also “make overdue reforms to ensure patients – including veterans receiving care from VA facilities in states with medical marijuana programs – access the care they need,” continued the statement.

The act would classify medical marijuana from schedule 1 to schedule 2. Schedule 1 means that marijuana is as harmful as harder drugs like heroin.With the CARES Act, marijuana would then be classified as a drug with medical value.

The CARES Act would also prevent the federal government from interfering in states’ marijuana laws. The bill would also stop the Drug Enforcement Agency from closing medical marijuana dispensaries.

Senator Rand Paul has long advocated for more lenient attitudes toward marijuana users. “I think drugs, marijuana included, aren’t good for you,” said Paul in an interview last year. “That being said, I don’t want to put our kids in prison for it.”
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
PkrBum

PkrBum

Senators Paul, Booker, and Gillibrand introduce bill to allow Medical Marijuana in all the states. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senators Paul, Booker, and Gillibrand introduce bill to allow Medical Marijuana in all the states.   Senators Paul, Booker, and Gillibrand introduce bill to allow Medical Marijuana in all the states. EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 11:23 am

Allowed is good I guess. Since the fed govt is now the supreme power that be.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Senators Paul, Booker, and Gillibrand introduce bill to allow Medical Marijuana in all the states.   Senators Paul, Booker, and Gillibrand introduce bill to allow Medical Marijuana in all the states. EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 1:45 pm

Better than to force them, y'know.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Senators Paul, Booker, and Gillibrand introduce bill to allow Medical Marijuana in all the states.   Senators Paul, Booker, and Gillibrand introduce bill to allow Medical Marijuana in all the states. EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 2:01 pm

I hope the bill passes and the POTUS will sign it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senators Paul, Booker, and Gillibrand introduce bill to allow Medical Marijuana in all the states.   Senators Paul, Booker, and Gillibrand introduce bill to allow Medical Marijuana in all the states. Empty

Back to top Go down

Senators Paul, Booker, and Gillibrand introduce bill to allow Medical Marijuana in all the states.
Page 1 of 1