Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can you plan a trip to Mars and Love your Family at the same time?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eddard

Eddard

Can you plan a trip to Mars and Love your Family at the same time? Empty
PostSubject: Can you plan a trip to Mars and Love your Family at the same time?   Can you plan a trip to Mars and Love your Family at the same time? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 7:37 pm

I was watching the Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore a couple of nights ago and he had one of the people who wants to take a one way trip to Mars on his show. 200,000 people applied for the trip but they're thinning out the herd fairly quickly and getting down to the ones who are stable mentally enough to actually go. The lady on the show was married and had children. Wilmore mentioned that there is an estimate of 67 days on the planet before the first death of one of the crewmen would occur. The rest would come shortly after that.

My question is could anyone volunteer for a mission like that if they cared one bit about their family and friends?
My second question is how can you thin out a herd of suicidal human beings and find one that is mentally stable enough to go?

Why would anybody want to go? I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Can you plan a trip to Mars and Love your Family at the same time?   Can you plan a trip to Mars and Love your Family at the same time? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:12 pm

I don't understand what would be gained beyond the current scans, probes and rovers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you plan a trip to Mars and Love your Family at the same time?   Can you plan a trip to Mars and Love your Family at the same time? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:24 pm

Can you plan a trip to Mars and Love your Family at the same time? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcdxHSi3qwYNxMrwuFjNd1d8GNZcNfv56PzrIUCZOQCfwq6_cw

They all have a death wish?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHCdS7O248g

Smile
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Can you plan a trip to Mars and Love your Family at the same time?   Can you plan a trip to Mars and Love your Family at the same time? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 9:39 pm

I can't see wanting to go before some team of nerds figures out how to survive out there... you know... FOR A LONG TIME... LIKE, INDEFINITELY.

To want to leave your family knowing you would die out there... that is tough for me to understand.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Can you plan a trip to Mars and Love your Family at the same time?   Can you plan a trip to Mars and Love your Family at the same time? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 9:46 pm

Not for me, man. I don't want my name in future history books that badly.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Can you plan a trip to Mars and Love your Family at the same time?   Can you plan a trip to Mars and Love your Family at the same time? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 9:52 pm

Oh I don't care about being in some history book... I would just like to explore!
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Can you plan a trip to Mars and Love your Family at the same time?   Can you plan a trip to Mars and Love your Family at the same time? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 10:32 pm

No way!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you plan a trip to Mars and Love your Family at the same time?   Can you plan a trip to Mars and Love your Family at the same time? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can you plan a trip to Mars and Love your Family at the same time?
Page 1 of 1