Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Oscars

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eddard

Eddard

The Oscars Empty
PostSubject: The Oscars   The Oscars EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 2:48 pm

This weekend right?
Best movies I've seen this year:  The Judge and Gone Girl

Neither one was nominated, of course. They appeal to audiences too much and just aren't artsy-fartsy enough. What is going to win: I haven't even seen it but I'm betting on "Boyhood" because it took so many years to make the academy is going to vote for it. My second idea of who might win is Birdman because people in the "BIZ" are going to vote for it because it's about the BIZ. It was a strange movie with a plot that left me miserable and never wanting to see it again.

Best Actor: Michael Keaton  
He was great in a movie that was ridiculous, stupid, maddening and miserable. And had the stupidest ending since the "Dexter" series.
2nd pick (should win) Benedict Cumberbatch

Best Supporting actor: Robert Duvall is in this category and he's going to win because he's one of the two or 3 best actors in history. Kind of like you don't want to be up against Meryl Streep. He was also great in the role of "The Judge." He's played the same kind of  character in several other movies and was great in those too. I think Tender Mercies is his best performance ever though.

Best Actress:  I don't really know.
Supporting actress: I don't know either.

I'm betting on best director going to the guy who did Boyhood though just because it took so long to make and was an original idea.

Any ideas anybody?
I also confess I have not seen all the movies or all the performances, so my guesses are kind of iffy.
Back to top Go down
polecat

polecat

The Oscars Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 4:01 pm

The Oscars B-gWMyTCIAAv3DC
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

The Oscars Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 7:39 pm

That's a good one. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Boy were my picks all wrong.
No, their picks were wrong. Keaton should still have gotten best actor but giving best picture to a movie (spoiler alert) where the main character turns into a bird is just stupid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Oscars Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars Empty

Back to top Go down

The Oscars
Page 1 of 1