Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Google Chromecast

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eric

PostSubject: Google Chromecast   Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:05 pm

Got a Chromecast at a discount the other day.  You plug this little (normally $35) thingy into an HDMI port on your TV, plug it into a power strip and it receives wifi signals from your PC or phone or tablet.  It displays what is on your device onto the TV big screen.

I don't recommend it.  I thought it would mirror my PC with no difficulties, but it doesn't seem to handle the bandwidth needed for video.  Video and audio stops and starts jerkily.  

YouTube videos play horribly as a PC mirror, but YouTube can be enabled where the Chromecast gets the video straight from YouTube off the 'net, rather than sending video from your computer/laptop/phone over the wifi.  There are lots of companies that enable their web-based content for Chromecast, like NetFlix, ESPN, Vevo, NPR, Pandora, HULU Plus, etc., but not all websites are enabled for Chromecast.

It is great for showing pictures from your phone and showing what's on your PC screen.

Google Chromecast
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Hobbies and Personal Interests :: Computers-
Jump to: