Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...

Go down 
+4
PkrBum
mediawatcher
Eric
TEOTWAWKI
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 3:18 pm

I JUDGE GAYS trying to expose school children to their perversion, you are danged right I judge that....I would just as quickly judge a Hetero for pushing any of their sexual perversions. like this.....

http://www.wnd.com/2015/02/middle-schoolers-get-taste-of-50-shades-of-grey/

Middle-schoolers given '50 Shades of Grey' puzzle
'The teacher passed it out'

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 3:50 pm

What about gay marriage?  This whole plethora of gay threads were started from the gay marriage, I believe.

I think that crap shouldn't be in the schools either... but I was thinking about gay marriage when I posted that question about judging.

It seems you were doing a whole lot of judging there.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 4:06 pm

You can call it judging juggling searching...whatever. It is simply trying to be a Christian. Either we use our discernment to bring our lives in line with God's word or we rewrite the Bible to suit ourselves. God drowned the majority of people so what the majority wants obviously isn't anything to God. Why do you think the Old Testament was written? It was written to show us God, many aspects of God and importantly his dealing with mankind. Toss out the old testament and then get rid of Pauline writings and you might get close to what PEOPLE want in their Bible. Unfortunately/fortunately we are warned against such things. Christ was doing the work of his father and in NO way over ruled anything his father desired. Don't like the old testament, you don't like God. Simple. Sorry that might be a judgement...
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 4:17 pm

Eric wrote:
What about gay marriage?  This whole plethora of gay threads were started from the gay marriage, I believe.

I think that crap shouldn't be in the schools either... but I was thinking about gay marriage when I posted that question about judging.

Agree with your school opinion.... Especially with our decline in education....But their are many activists for many causes that live for opportunities to get an opening for pushing an agenda and education suffers.....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 4:23 pm

My faith is as strong as ever, Teo. We have been lectors, Youth Group Ministers, attend mass every Sunday and Holy Days, eucharistic ministers and take my faith seriously, thank you very much.

I just believe that Christians or people of other religions have no business forcing their moral judgments upon others.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 5:17 pm

Right but they can force theirs on children ? You got your priorities warped. Forced. I let God do that.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 6:48 pm

Why would a gay couple want to buy their wedding cake at a restaurant that hates them?

Why do they want to give money to anyone who hates them?

Hey, I'm boycotting Kraft cheese because the danged Patriots are a bunch of lousy cheaters. I ain't giving Mr Kraft my half a penny that he'd get if I bought that packet of cheese instead of some other brand.
Not that there are that many other brands.
Damn monopolies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 12:26 am

Eric wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

Then I should be able to order pork at any Jewish or Muslim restaurant or grocery store.

Otherwise I have the right to sue for discrimination because it's part of my culture?

You can order anything you want, but if it ain't in the store or on the menu, you ain't gettin' it.

Just like you won't get a hamburger at Best Buy.

Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLWWb3DMhiPu1GNY7zUOUuPc-b2lGocmZGduqqAPAWOCafOcpRVQ

Yes. The customer is free to order a cake but if the menu doesn't carry what the purchaser wants it's not the companies responsibility to provide... and the business owner doesn't have to put anything on brought in by the customer.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 12:49 am

SheWrites wrote:
As a Christian, if I am a baker and I am asked to make a cake with a same sex couple atop, God is not going to bounce me out of the kingdom for baking and decorating that cake for them.  

It's really not so complicated.  

Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLWWb3DMhiPu1GNY7zUOUuPc-b2lGocmZGduqqAPAWOCafOcpRVQ

I see no reason to force someone to do something they don't want to do. It's easier to look elsewhere for what you want. Forcing the issue will just make them angry.

Just like I wouldn't go into a Jewish or Muslim restaurant and order a meal made of pork.

However if I were a business owner such as this bakery and someone sued me for not supplying what they want like a same sex wedding cake and won. The first thing I would do would be take as many people/friends as I could to a Jewish or Muslim restaurant and make sure we ordered BBQ pork ribs with lots of beer. When refused I scream discrimination to my culture and sue... Then hope I get the same damn judge so my high priced lawyer can run rings around him about the precedent that judge set. Why? To make a point.

This country is made up of many cultural varieties and just because one group doesn't get catered to because a business doesn't carry or do something just means there's an open market for someone else to fill that gap. Otherwise all businesses are going to start looking the same and carrying the same thing. Boring.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 12:59 am

Eric wrote:

Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaBTXzBSClFUJBReGvK9pNgWrjJd3HJRRGWUoRym-wvkuzBJi87A

Why should only hetrosexual nuclear marriages and homosexual nuclear marriages be recognized as legal when a whole variety of other marriage forms exist for mature willing companions?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3hmgkPYUuk

Smile
Back to top Go down
polecat

polecat

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:53 am

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Eric wrote:

Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaBTXzBSClFUJBReGvK9pNgWrjJd3HJRRGWUoRym-wvkuzBJi87A

Why should only hetrosexual nuclear marriages and homosexual nuclear marriages be recognized as legal when a whole variety of other marriage forms exist for mature willing companions?

*****SMILE*****

Smile

I think a Squid should be able to marry a paint can ifin it wont 2
Back to top Go down
polecat

polecat

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:53 am

Back to top Go down
polecat

polecat

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 4:50 pm

and Jesus said...

When a child comes to your land seeking shelter you must extend your hand...
to block there path
While chanting USA! USA!
and carry many a misspelled sign
Go forth and create Corporations!
They shall not cover birth control...
but boner pills are A-Okay!
Is someone writing this down
Basic Christianity people.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 4:58 pm

I probably said this earlier... but a private business should be able to conduct it largely as they see fit... including what business out chooses to conduct and with who. Should a black or jewish laundry be forced to clean kkk sheets? There are already plenty of regulations and laws that dictate labor, gender, race discrimination. If a business (owner) chooses to practice bigoted business... it will fail of its own volition.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 5:30 pm

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Eric wrote:

*****SMILE*****

Smile

I have no problems with so-called victimless "crimes". If a woman wants to marry a man that has 3 wives already, who am I to say that is wrong? If an adult wants to smoke a joint at home, he isn't hurting anybody. We already have too many laws on the books that were created by people that want to force their puritanical beliefs upon us.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 5:36 pm

These victimless laws are on the book to both control and rob us....puritans been gone a long time. Of course the authoritarian right wing neocons love laws it gives them just more reasons to shoot dogs and old ladies that might threaten them in course of their just trying to get home safe from a very dangerous job LOL.

BANG BANG BANG....stop resisting ! You are are charged with assault on an officer for bleeding on me.. !
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 6:00 pm

It's a sad state of affairs when one can't help or is forced to break a law. There aren't tens of thousands of them to find fair... or just. There are that many because the system is corrupt... and there may be a point that govt and power must exercise authority and tyranny.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 7:43 pm

They should have just made an ugly cake.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 7:50 pm

Eddard wrote:
They should have just made an ugly cake.

Explain that please.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 8:04 pm

Okay. A gay couple comes in and orders a wedding cake.
Look, I've seen some UGLY wedding cakes. They even have a web site. You just screw up the cake.
When it's over the couple won't take the cake.  They will not pay you. They will inform their community that you are a lousy baker. You won't get much gay business anymore.
No laws are broken. No cops are called. No publicity about you discriminating against anybody.
You might not get paid but you can have your cake and take it home to eat it too.

No problemo. Nada mas.

I can't see why they didn't do that in the first place.
They caused a problem for themselves by admitting they refused the service.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 9:51 pm

Honesty, is that a foreign term to you?
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:51 pm

Oh, I honestly wouldn't tell a gay person if I was prejudiced against them. I surely would not announce it to the press.

Because I think actually hating people because they are born a certain color  or because they have a different sexual orientation than mine is a lot bigger sin than lying and saying I don't hate them when I do. The owners of the bakery are haters. They are obviously proud to be haters. They're so proud they couldn't just bake a damn cake for somebody's wedding even when that's the business they're in. They can base it on scripture if they want to but there's always that old "judge not" thing in those red letters in their Bibles.

Did you ever see "Liar, Liar?"
Honesty isn't always either the best policy or the kindest thing to say at the moment.
Lying can save a lot of hurt feelings in life. Civilized society could not exist without lies.

Last edited by Eddard on Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:54 pm

Does this dress make me look fat ?...I see your point...
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:59 pm

I know. Why announce that you hate someone?

Why be so proud of hating somebody that you let it get in the newspapers?

Just bake an ugly cake.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:15 pm

Yeah use salt instead of sugar....whoops we so stupid....so sorry you get refund...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...   Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors Closure won't stop state investigation...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next