Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The bigger question is..Who owns your body ? You or the government.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The bigger question is..Who owns your body ? You or the government. Empty
PostSubject: The bigger question is..Who owns your body ? You or the government.   The bigger question is..Who owns your body ? You or the government. EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:08 am

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/02/andrew-p-napolitano/do-you-own-your-body/

The issue, according to Paul, is: WHO OWNS YOUR BODY? This is a question the government does not want to answer truthfully, because if it does, it will sound like Big Brother in George Orwell’s novel “1984.” That’s because the government believes it owns your body.

Paul and no less an authority than the U.S. Supreme Court have rejected that concept. Under the natural law, because you retain the rights inherent in your birth that you have not individually given away to government, the government does not own your body.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: The bigger question is..Who owns your body ? You or the government.   The bigger question is..Who owns your body ? You or the government. EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 12:54 pm

Like I often say... control is effective ownership. It amazes me that most can't see it.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: The bigger question is..Who owns your body ? You or the government.   The bigger question is..Who owns your body ? You or the government. EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 1:44 pm

Incremental controls take years to reach their conclusion. Every time the government intervenes in personal choice it gains another little piece of control as long as the majority of people continue to shrug their shoulders and say no big deal.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: The bigger question is..Who owns your body ? You or the government.   The bigger question is..Who owns your body ? You or the government. EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 2:12 pm

And how many of you guys would love to overthrow Roe v Wade?
Women own their own bodies too, but lots of folks want the government to interfere with that.

The issue cuts both ways.

I took a couple of law courses  in college and heard again  and again that your right to swing your fists around in  the air ends where the other guy's nose begins.
If we weren't talking a public health issue here, I would be totally against forcing immunizations. But that moma out in Marin County got my goose yesterday talking about how much smarter she was than the rest of the country because she didn't want to vaccinate her kids. That's fine.
Don't vaccinate them.
Let them swing their fists around in the air.
But don't send them out in public.

Because when measles hits my kid because my kid  might have an immune disorder and not be able to be vaccinated, then it's time to declare that their fist has hit someone else's nose. That's when it's time for the law to intervene.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The bigger question is..Who owns your body ? You or the government.   The bigger question is..Who owns your body ? You or the government. Empty

Back to top Go down

The bigger question is..Who owns your body ? You or the government.
Page 1 of 1