Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

All My Relations

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

All My Relations Empty
PostSubject: All My Relations   All My Relations EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 9:25 am

Mitakuye Oyasin is the heart and fundamental belief of most first people's and especially the Sioux Nations.

It means "all my relations" and centers upon the realization that the Great Spirit breathed the same SPIRIT into all creatures as well as rocks plants all that Mother Earth brings forth.

This basic understanding gives all Nature equal standing in the Great Circle of Life. None is above and none is below. We are all Related. The Four Legged, the Two Legged, the Standing People, the Winged People, the Crawling People, even rocks and plants.

This harmony of all things is critical to live in Peace with Mother Earth and her bounty. The same Spirit that runs through us runs through the Wolf the Buffalo the Eagle the Rabbit. We are one.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

All My Relations Empty
PostSubject: Re: All My Relations   All My Relations EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 9:33 am

"To the Creator, for the ultimate gift of life, I thank you.
To the mineral nation that has built and maintained my bones and all foundations of life experience, I thank you.

To the plant nation that sustains my organs and body and gives me healing herbs for sickness, I thank you.

To the animal nation that feeds me from your own flesh and offers your loyal companionship in this walk of life, I thank you.

To the human nation that shares my path as a soul upon the sacred wheel of Earthly life, I thank you.

To the Spirit nation that guides me invisibly through the ups and downs of life and for carrying the torch of light through the Ages. I thank you.

To the Four Winds of Change and Growth, I thank you.

You are all my relations, my relatives, without whom I would not live. We are in the circle of life together, co-existing, co-dependent, co-creating our destiny. One, not more important than the other. One nation evolving from the other and yet each dependent upon the one above and the one below. All of us a part of the Great Mystery.

Thank you for this Life."
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

All My Relations Empty
PostSubject: Re: All My Relations   All My Relations EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 9:34 am

After going through a great loss, the "things" offered by people under the cloak of religion left me empty. The closest place of spirituality I have found, and this would go with great debate in my former places of "worship", is the water - the sunset - the sunrise - the sheer beauty of all that our natural world brings. That's where I find peace and connection with my loss.

This is interesting to me. Total reversal of things taught to me yet makes sense in the balance. Peaceful. My life has taken a 180 for the better, dare I say best.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

All My Relations Empty
PostSubject: Re: All My Relations   All My Relations EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 10:08 am

All My Relations I+know+that+I+know+nothing
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

All My Relations Empty
PostSubject: Re: All My Relations   All My Relations EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 10:22 am

And I like they end with acknowledging 'all of us part of the Great Mystery.'

No arrogance there.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

All My Relations Empty
PostSubject: Re: All My Relations   All My Relations EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 12:23 am

Beautiful. Thank you, surf... I miss seeing you and SheSurfs around. I hope your families are happy and healthy.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

All My Relations Empty
PostSubject: Re: All My Relations   All My Relations EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 6:59 am

Hi M!

Thank you! We have been talking about these things. And the healing powers of the Earth. I know you understand
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

All My Relations Empty
PostSubject: Re: All My Relations   All My Relations EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:23 pm

Surfnrg wrote:
Hi M!

Thank you!  We have been talking about these things. And the healing powers of the Earth. I know you understand

I understand perfectly, and you all have been in my thoughts and prayers. It has been very cold and clear and the Northern Lights have been dancing every night, so I am sure the gods are listening.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

All My Relations Empty
PostSubject: Re: All My Relations   All My Relations EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 6:57 am

Your prayers have been effectual Riceme! The sun is rising for her
And her daughter
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

All My Relations Empty
PostSubject: Re: All My Relations   All My Relations EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 8:51 pm

Surfnrg wrote:
Your prayers have been effectual Riceme! The sun is rising for her
And her daughter

That is great news for me... great news!! sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

All My Relations Empty
PostSubject: Re: All My Relations   All My Relations Empty

Back to top Go down

All My Relations
Page 1 of 1