Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine Empty
PostSubject: Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine   Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 3:06 pm

Entertaining, but this is so wrong on so many levels.

First off, I SHUDDER to think that they are using Margarita Mix.  Boo.  Hisssss.  Into an ice-filled blender, my Margaritas are made with 100% Agave Blanco Tequila (currently use Camarena brand, which is cheap but tasty in a Margarita), Gran Marnier (an expensive Orange Cognac), a dash of  Agave syrup (Agave syrup is sweet and takes the bite out of the limeades.  It also is what Tequila is made from.), a dash of Nelly & Joe's Key Lime Juice, and Simply brand Limeade.  There ain't no stinkin' mix because mixes taste like shit.

These guys talk about their 1.25 hp. garbage disposal as the blender motor... as if the thing is overpowered.  Garbage disposals spin at 1,725 rpm (high torque) to 8,000 rpm (low torque).  My Vitamix 7500 blender has almost twice the power at 2.2 hp and spins at an incredible 35,000 rpm!  The Vitamix grinds ice down to smoothie consistency and I'd bet that the garbage disposal-blended ice chunks are way too big to use a straw.

On a side note, we use Bubble-Tea straws, just in case we didn't blend long enough.  Their interior diameter is almost as big as my little finger.  Ain't no ice gonna get stuck in those.  The downside?  You can suck Margaritas down so fast you get Brain freezes of monumental proportions, lol.

Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine   Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 3:31 pm

I cannot find what kind of tequila that guy is using, beyond that it is a "Silver" tequila.  In other words, it is a "blanco" or "white" tequila.  That means it is not aged in barrels after distilling.  Connoisseurs mostly prefer tequila that is either Resposado (means rested... aged 2-11 months in oak barrels), or Anejo (which means it has been aged in barrels at least a year.)  But Silver or Blanco tequilas make the best Margaritas.

I suspect that this redneck used cheap tequila... which is what most people buy.  In order to be called tequila, it has to have at least 51% alcohol derived from the Blue Agave plant, and the other 49% alcohol content usually comes from fermented sugar... essentially rum.  Drink a bit of that cheap shit and expect a hangover. For example, the popular Cuervo Gold Especial is 51% alcohol from agave and alcohol from sugar fermentation.

I only get tequila whose alcohol is 100% derived from the Blue Agave.

hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine   Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 11:38 am

Erics Margaritas seem to produce their intended effect on those who consume them. I can not personally vouch for that other than a 3 person observation. He takes his Margarita business very serious. He is a great host....
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine   Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 11:55 am

Another "redneck watch this" and we do. Razz I think I'd prefer to imbibe with Eric and company. Sounds classy.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine   Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 8:28 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Erics Margaritas seem to produce their intended effect on those who consume them.  I can not personally vouch for that other than a 3 person observation. He takes his Margarita business very serious.  He is a great host....

Yeah, they produce the intended effect, alright.  Last night, if it wasn't for Hallmarkgrad, dinner would have been ruined.

We put in a good day trying to declutter our garage and install some shelving and started on the Margaritas about 4. "It was 5 O'clock Somewhere", lol.

I set a piece of fat pine near my pile of hickory logs a month ago and I was feeling no pain when I threw what I thought were a couple of big hickory chunks on the grill... except one of them was fat pine.  After throwing burgers on the grill, HG noticed that one of the "hickory" chunks was burning like crazy.  He got a shovel and dug that fat pine out of the grill.  

Hamburgers almost wound up tasting like turpentine.

Dinner was saved by the "designated diner". HG doesn't drink.

hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine   Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 8:34 pm

LOL But they did not and all was good It was another great evening at Erics place. Thanks Eric It was fun.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine   Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 8:48 pm

When we were all more than a little bit younger my dad used to joke that when we had family gatherings we were going to "get drunk and burn a piece of meat." He was never too far off, most of us prefer our meat on the rare side, and as one of the youngest kids I never quite got the joke... "But, daddy! WHY would you want to DOOOOO that????"

confused
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine   Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 8:53 pm

Eric is a excellent grill master..Even when the wind is blowing hard. LOL
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine   Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 8:59 pm

I enjoyed myself way too much last night. I don't remember putting cheese on the burgers, saying grace before the meal, and was feeling guilty for not doing that... but Christine showed me the melted cheese on the one patty that didn't get eaten and told me we blessed the meal.

On a good side, I wasn't driving anywhere. I did make it to the bed in one piece.

Thanks for the kind words, HG.

Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine   Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 9:02 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Eric is a excellent grill master..Even when the wind is blowing hard.    LOL

HG ain't talking about the weather, but:

I remember grilling in a tropical storm one Saturday night when we had folks over for dinner.  

Rain and wind is no impediment.

EDIT: Now LIGHTNING scares the shit out of me.

riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine   Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 9:16 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Eric is a excellent grill master..Even when the wind is blowing hard.    LOL

cheers
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine   Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 3:12 pm

I used to drink a lot I was damn good at it. I never drank to stay sober. LOL I changed the old Army line "fire for effect" to "drink for effect". If you can not handle people drinking then dont go around them. All my friends that imbibe are way cool. All is good...
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine   Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 11:31 pm

I used to joke that I was a professional drinker, meaning that I could handle myself and not act like an idiot when I was drinking. Then one day I realized that everyone acts like an idiot when they drink, so I stopped saying that lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine   Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine Empty

Back to top Go down

Redneck Ignorant Margarita Machine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: General-
Jump to: