Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pink Floyd DVD named PULSE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Pink Floyd DVD named PULSE Empty
PostSubject: Pink Floyd DVD named PULSE   Pink Floyd DVD named PULSE EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 11:56 am

After reading another forum poster recommend this DVD, I finally ordered this movie.  I had been ranting about how good The Last Waltz by The Band was and a poster said that Pulse was better.

Pink Floyd DVD named PULSE Floyd_PULSE_Cover

That was a pretty heavy claim, since Martin Scorsese filmed The Last Waltz with seven 35mm movie cameras and the concert also featured guest stars Bob Dylan, Paul Butterfield, Neil Young, Emmylou Harris, Ringo Starr, Ronnie Hawkins, Dr. John, Joni Mitchell, Van Morrison, Muddy Waters, Ronnie Wood, Neil Diamond, Bobby Charles, The Staple Singers, and Eric Clapton.

Well, we watched the Pink Floyd DVD (actually two DVDs) last night.  The first DVD was so-so and didn't feature much of their classic stuff.  Then we watched the second DVD.  WOW!  Y'know, usually live music kinda sucks, but this was great.  I highly recommend it.  At least DVD number two.

Recorded during the band's Division Bell Tour in 1994, Pulse was shot with videotape.  Unfortunately, it doesn't hold a candle to the  film-like quality of The Last Waltz, with bright lights causing overexposures, sometime turning half of a singer's face completely white, while showing the other properly exposed half of the face in good detail.  While we were watching the first DVD, the video quality was a distraction.  Since the second DVD had more familiar music, and because it sounded almost as good as the studio version, I wasn't distracted by the video.

The verdict:  Money well spent.

Okay, guys.  What other concert footage should we add to our DVD library?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd DVD named PULSE   Pink Floyd DVD named PULSE EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 12:04 pm

That clip of "comfortably numb" by Pink Floyd should be watched full screen.

Now, watch, in full screen, the quality of the video from The Last Waltz.

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd DVD named PULSE   Pink Floyd DVD named PULSE EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 4:44 pm

CNET has this listing 25 Blue Ray concerts.

Do y'all have experience with any of these?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd DVD named PULSE   Pink Floyd DVD named PULSE Empty

Back to top Go down

Pink Floyd DVD named PULSE
Page 1 of 1