Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What would you ask?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Linda

Linda

What would you ask? Empty
PostSubject: What would you ask?   What would you ask? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 10:57 am

Working on an upcoming interview with the father of a dear friend. He's been in ministry for a very long time in the black community. (gosh I hope that's not racist of me to say that) Anywho...I want to go beyond where were you born, how have you remained faithful for so many years questions. What honest questions would you ask? What would you want to know? I've got quite a few that I hope will bring some levity from the past days of what I perceived as "the good ol days" attending school with his daughter and our present situation with "race relations." Funny how we never thought we were relating as "races" back then. We were just kids in school doing that teenage thing. Very Happy

So, again, bottom line - what questions would you want answered from a man who has been in ministry for over 65 years?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: What would you ask?   What would you ask? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 11:15 am

How has the practice of faith changed over the years... and how has it remained the same?

Along those same lines, what religious practice is being done now (or NOT being done) that you wouldn't have expected at the beginning of your ministry?

Over 65 years, you have certainly had rewarding experiences related to your ministry.  Does one experience in particular come to mind?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: What would you ask?   What would you ask? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 11:19 am

Good ones reflecting some already on the list!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: What would you ask?   What would you ask? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 11:21 am

Well, darn.  I might come up with an original... or not, lol.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: What would you ask?   What would you ask? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 11:34 am

I would ask what he thinks is causing the breakdown of the family unit and what he suggests could be done to reverse that trend.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: What would you ask?   What would you ask? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 4:52 pm

What his favorite verse in the bible. Perhaps his favorite person in the bible. Does he believe in the rapture. What does it mean to be saved. What is his favor place to visit in the world. Does he believe in reincarnation. Can evil spirits still possess people.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: What would you ask?   What would you ask? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 4:56 pm

Interesting, Mr. T.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: What would you ask?   What would you ask? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:42 pm

I can't beat Teo's questions.

Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: What would you ask?   What would you ask? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:45 pm

Ah, I missed no chains...good one!
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: What would you ask?   What would you ask? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:46 pm

I'm interested in his views on the changes in Pensacola over the last 50 years. For the better, worse, what's been missed and fallen through the cracks?
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: What would you ask?   What would you ask? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 10:12 am

I agree with no chain and ask what should be done to the ones causing the breakdown..
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: What would you ask?   What would you ask? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 10:17 am

Keep 'em coming. All are excellent!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you ask?   What would you ask? Empty

Back to top Go down

What would you ask?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: General-
Jump to: