Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

When someone asks, "So, where are you from?"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

When someone asks, "So, where are you from?" Empty
PostSubject: When someone asks, "So, where are you from?"   When someone asks, "So, where are you from?" EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 4:25 pm

Give them this answer.

When I was at U of HI eons ago, Brent Tully was hitting a brick wall on the problems of the velocities. In total, he's been on this for about four decades. It's awesome in the traditional sense of the word both in terms of the work and the results. I'm assisting a grad student on a project on related redshift velocities for Laniakea, and feel like the dumb kid in class,  Rolling Eyes .

The first is really a summary, the second more detailed but heavy on the French accent, so you might want to click on CC for subtitles. It may take a a couple of times through to get the sense of it.

Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: When someone asks, "So, where are you from?"   When someone asks, "So, where are you from?" EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 11:46 am

It would take me more than a couple of time to get the sense of it. Razz Love the beauty of the first video. I need a "dummies" book on the subject matter. For now, I'll enjoy the pictures. Wink Keep posting...I love a challenge.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: When someone asks, "So, where are you from?"   When someone asks, "So, where are you from?" EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 2:51 pm

I'll watch the second video when I'm not busy.
When someone asks, "So, where are you from?" BDqMxUP

In the Birmingham area, the question is: "Who ye fer?" - - - (Auburn or Alabama)

Hey, this IS Alabama, y'know.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When someone asks, "So, where are you from?"   When someone asks, "So, where are you from?" Empty

Back to top Go down

When someone asks, "So, where are you from?"
Page 1 of 1