Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold and lite up...

Go down 
+2
Eric
TEOTWAWKI
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold  and lite up... Empty
PostSubject: So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold and lite up...   So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold  and lite up... EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 3:55 pm

will be interesting to see how people handle their new freedom

http://www.weedyard.com/Strains/AlcapulcoGold.html

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold and lite up...   So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold  and lite up... EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 5:51 pm

I doubt her employer would be happy with her getting happy.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold and lite up...   So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold  and lite up... EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 6:17 pm

Negative. Pot has never been *my* thing, as little as I care about what other people do in the privacy of their own homes.

And despite my personal preferences Eric is right. Regardless of Alaska state law, this is still a drug free workplace and I random drug tested. I happily provide a clean UA whenever asked.

I did just have this discussion with my manager this morning though... I told her that I had always felt that would much rather work next to a guy who'd smoked a bowl the night before than next to a guy who'd drank a case of beer the night before. Happily we agree on the subject. The problem comes in trying to test for intoxication with pot.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold and lite up...   So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold  and lite up... EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 4:27 am

riceme wrote:
Negative. Pot has never been *my* thing, as little as I care about what other people do in the privacy of their own homes.

And despite my personal preferences Eric is right. Regardless of Alaska state law, this is still a drug free workplace and I random drug tested. I happily provide a clean UA whenever asked.

I did just have this discussion with my manager this morning though... I told her that I had always felt that would much rather work next to a guy who'd smoked a bowl the night before than next to a guy who'd drank a case of beer the night before. Happily we agree on the subject. The problem comes in trying to test for intoxication with pot.

Can't remember what state [maybe Colorado] but there is a case in which a physically challenged individual that has marijuana prescribed by his physician for his condition was fired for popping positive...May be interesting as this isn't just an individual making a choice but rather a physician saying that he needs this....If he wins Doctor's Offices will be slammed...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold and lite up...   So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold  and lite up... EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 8:09 am

I don't think the employee will win, MW. It is legal to drink beer and wear bikinis as well, but an employer has the right to say that neither are allowable in the workplace.

I don't think it is a proper application of the ADA, especially when the "medicine" gets you stoned.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold and lite up...   So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold  and lite up... EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 8:19 am

Eric wrote:
I don't think the employee will win, MW.  It is legal to drink beer and wear bikinis as well, but an employer has the right to say that neither are allowable in the workplace.

I don't think it is a proper application of the ADA, especially when the "medicine" gets you stoned.

Just think this type of case is opening salvo for the future....And the 'stoned' part will be the biggest obstacle to overcome...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold and lite up...   So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold  and lite up... EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 9:01 am

So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold  and lite up... R69ec5G
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold and lite up...   So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold  and lite up... EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 2:23 pm

To date over 128,500 people have been killed in the mining industry. Smoking dope -- medical or recreational -- will never be okay with my employer.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold and lite up...   So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold  and lite up... EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 4:41 pm

The last time I heard from a Navy recruiter, 1 drink of alcohol is a 1 year disqual from the navy.. 1 cigarette is a 1 year disqual.. Smoking pot is a 6 month disqual.... The last I heard, alcohol and cigarettes were LEGAL and pot was ILLEGAL....
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold and lite up...   So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold  and lite up... EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 5:36 am

Jake92 wrote:
The last time I heard from a Navy recruiter, 1 drink of alcohol is a 1 year disqual from the navy..  1 cigarette is a 1 year disqual..  Smoking pot is a 6 month disqual....  The last I heard, alcohol and cigarettes were LEGAL and pot was ILLEGAL....

Sounds about right huh?....Two legal substances have a longer disqualification over the illegal substance.....Smokers are public enemy #1's and further ANY incident in the military involving alcohol begins the process of determining that the individual has an alcohol problem and whether they should be retained....This began in the late 70's early 80's...

Remember there was an individual that was late for work a couple of times and the SFC detected what he thought was alcohol on his breath...determination was made that this PFC needed to be checked in Landstuhl Hospital in Germany for detox...as this guys NCOIC I was tasked to drive him there and check him in....Another guy accompanied us and we drove a military crown vic station wagon....Dropped him off....and went shopping for ourselves and many other enlisted and officers assigned with us....Returned to Brussels with a PACKED crown vic of wine...beer and other spirits...Now here's my luck...The 06 [Col] that was in charge just happened to be in the parking lot upon our return and observed the unloading and delivering process..... Thought the eagles on his shoulder were gonna fly off!...Not happy whatsoever....

Only thing that saved my butt....most of the command would have had to go to detox....Memo came out the following Monday that no one would transport alcohol in a military vehicle....Closest I came to getting the stripes ripped off my uniform...oh yeah I was a 95B...MP.....
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold and lite up...   So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold  and lite up... EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 8:36 am

mediawatcher wrote:
Jake92 wrote:
The last time I heard from a Navy recruiter, 1 drink of alcohol is a 1 year disqual from the navy..  1 cigarette is a 1 year disqual..  Smoking pot is a 6 month disqual....  The last I heard, alcohol and cigarettes were LEGAL and pot was ILLEGAL....

Closest I came to getting the stripes ripped off my uniform...oh yeah I was a 95B...MP.....

I doubt that was the "closest"!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold and lite up...   So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold  and lite up... EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 8:40 am

nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Jake92 wrote:

Closest I came to getting the stripes ripped off my uniform...oh yeah I was a 95B...MP.....

There was this time in the Enlisted Club.......
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold and lite up...   So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold  and lite up... EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 8:45 am

mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Jake92 wrote:

and that incident in Amsterdam..........
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold and lite up...   So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold  and lite up... EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 8:50 am

nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Jake92 wrote:

and that incident in Amsterdam..........

That was simply right place...wrong time....No international incident or embarrassment....
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold and lite up...   So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold  and lite up... EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 10:36 am

We were doing sound trials in the Bahamas and sent part of the crew to the beach for the day. They returned with over 600 gallons of tax free booze.. We stored it in a missile tube until returning to Kings Bay, GA..

One day at sea, the XO was inspecting a drop in storage area and found 2 gallons of booze.. He spilled it down the commode and took the empty bottles to the CO.. The CO was the one that hid them there so he could give the entire crew a Christmas drink in a few weeks......
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold and lite up...   So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold  and lite up... EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 10:52 am

Jake92 wrote:
We were doing sound trials in the Bahamas and sent part of the crew to the beach for the day.  They returned with over 600 gallons of tax free booze..  We stored it in a missile tube until returning to Kings Bay, GA..

One day at sea, the XO was inspecting a drop in storage area and found 2 gallons of booze..  He spilled it down the commode and took the empty bottles to the CO..  The CO was the one that hid them there so he could give the entire crew a Christmas drink in a few weeks......  

OOPS! LOL
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold and lite up...   So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold  and lite up... EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 9:09 am

Jake92 wrote:
We were doing sound trials in the Bahamas and sent part of the crew to the beach for the day.  They returned with over 600 gallons of tax free booze..  We stored it in a missile tube until returning to Kings Bay, GA..

One day at sea, the XO was inspecting a drop in storage area and found 2 gallons of booze..  He spilled it down the commode and took the empty bottles to the CO..  The CO was the one that hid them there so he could give the entire crew a Christmas drink in a few weeks......  

Oops!!!!!....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold and lite up...   So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold  and lite up... Empty

Back to top Go down

So Riceme are you going to get some Acapulco Gold and lite up...
Page 1 of 1