Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Obama sent me a letter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Obama sent me a letter Empty
PostSubject: Obama sent me a letter   Obama sent me a letter EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 6:23 pm

Dear Eric:
Thank you for writing. My Administration has made fighting Ebola a national security priority, because this is much more than just a humanitarian issue or a public health issue. Although the chances of contracting Ebola or having a serious outbreak in the United States are extraordinarily low, we take this threat very seriously. Across all levels of Government, we are coordinating our response and aggressively addressing this situation.
Procedures are in place to rapidly evaluate and isolate anybody showing symptoms. Our health agencies are working with hospitals to make sure they are prepared, and also to ensure medical staff are trained, ready, and able to safely deal with any potential cases of Ebola. We’re helping flight crews identify sick people, and more labs now have the capacity to quickly test for the virus.
I also want to be clear about travel bans—they are not effective. Health experts agree a ban isn’t the best way to go right now. If we were to implement one, people may not disclose important information, they might break up their trips to hide previous travel, and they would be less likely to get proper treatment, or be screened or quarantined—all of which could actually increase the risk of infection. However, we are requiring travelers from West Africa to arrive at one of five airports using additional screening measures, and as we continue to evaluate all options, we will do whatever is necessary to maximize the chances of avoiding an outbreak in the United States.
While my Administration does everything possible to prevent the spread of the virus here at home, the most important thing we can do to protect Americans is stop Ebola at its source in West Africa. That’s why we have sent military personnel to support civilian efforts across the region, where they are offering their expertise in command and control, logistics, and engineering. The United States is also leading the way in developing vaccines and therapeutics to prevent and treat the disease, in providing resources and equipment to the impacted countries, and in mobilizing the world community. This threat, like all infectious disease threats, demands a quick, unified global response, and more nations need to contribute experienced personnel, supplies, and funding.
To get the facts about Ebola and learn more about my plan to manage this situation, please visit www.WhiteHouse.gov/Ebola-Response. You can also visit www.CDC.gov/Ebola or call 1‑800‑CDC‑INFO.

Sincerely,
Barack Obama
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Obama sent me a letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama sent me a letter   Obama sent me a letter EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 12:44 pm

I'm gonna puke.
Back to top Go down

Obama sent me a letter
Page 1 of 1