Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless

Go down 
+3
TEOTWAWKI
riceme
Eric
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless Empty
PostSubject: Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless   Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 1:05 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/04/0-year-old-among-first-charged-under-fort-lauderdale-strict-rules-against/

Quote :
Fort Lauderdale police say Arnold Abbott violated a new city law, but the 90-year-old homeless advocate says his only crime was to “love thy neighbor.”

Abbott was charged Sunday along with two local pastors with violating the city’s new ordinance that effectively bans giving out food in public. He faces 60 days in jail and a $500 fine, and he intends to get cited again Wednesday night, when he sets out to feed some of the Florida city’s estimated 10,000 homeless on a public beach.

Fort Lauderdale... home of heartless bastards.

Yeah, homeless folks are stinky and quite a bother, so, let's just let 'em starve.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless   Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 3:56 pm

Back in the day when I was a young punk my friends and I had RICO charges leveled against us for feeding hungry people with food that stores and restaurants could no longer sell, so they set it aside for us every day instead of throwing it out. When I think about it now it makes my head spin in bewilderment how anyone could have thought they could make racketeering stick to any of us. Criminals? Yeah, maybe. Racketeering? They were trying to make that stick on obstruction of justice alone.

And this was in The Land of Fruits and Nuts, so Florida does not have the corner on the heartless bastard market.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless   Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 4:13 pm

tHE HOMELESS SHOULD HAVE SAID THEY WERE ILLEGAL ALIENS AND THE COPS WOULD HAVE BEEN FORCED TO TAKE THEM TO THE NEAREST hILTON....Damn caps lock....
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless   Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 5:30 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
tHE HOMELESS SHOULD HAVE SAID THEY WERE ILLEGAL ALIENS AND THE COPS WOULD HAVE BEEN FORCED TO TAKE THEM TO THE NEAREST hILTON....Damn caps lock....

This is an ordinance that the city/city leaders have decided to enforce and instructed law enforcement to do so....Same thing happened here with the 'tent cities'....the city/county leaders(?) were the responsible parties that instructed PPD and the SO to take them down,...and then changed with public opinion...
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless   Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 7:20 am

Yeah I remember. I attended the meeting at the court house, here's the footage I taped...really angry people. Including me as you can hear...The woman that stood up and gave them the finger was cute...

Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless   Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 8:07 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Yeah I remember. I attended the meeting at the court house, here's the footage I taped...really angry people. Including me as you can hear...The woman that stood up and gave them the finger was cute...

Politicians.... as soon as there is unfavorable actions...comments...meetings...press stories....amazing how quickly they are able to change their opinions/positions....Guess they figure it's ok to demonize those that are tasked with tearing down the tents but as soon as there's public blowback on them....well they won't have that...
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless   Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 8:25 am

Politicians move with the wind....not a backbone among them...I once asked a very popular politician why they lied so damned much...and in a candid moment...He actually said it was necessary in order to get elected because if they didn't get elected they could do nothing....
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless   Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 9:04 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Politicians move with the wind....not a backbone among them...I once asked a very popular politician  why they lied so damned much...and in a candid moment...He actually said it was necessary in order to get elected because if they didn't get elected they could do nothing....

Prior to the elections the cowh advised democrats to do or say whatever they needed to do in order to get elected....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless   Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 9:43 am

I have NO DOUBT that the Republicans did the same thing.  They ain't choir boys either.

The old adage about knowing when a politician is lying... lips moving!
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless   Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 9:55 am

Eric wrote:
I have NO DOUBT that the Republicans did the same thing.  They ain't choir boys either.

The old adage about knowing when a politician is lying... lips moving!

And they [republicans] should be held to the similar standard... it's now on them to pass some passable legislation and send it to the oval office...for example Keystone Pipeline...should have been done a long time ago and let the cowh veto legislation for energy independence and exploration....

Think this time around the republicans avoided the pitfalls or the gotcha press and remained focused on the issues...No major self inflicted wounds by saying REALLY stupid stuff....But I agree that this isn't so much people turning out for the gop it's people turned away from the cowh ad democratic non-leadership in the senate for too long...it's an opportunity to lead...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless   Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 9:59 am

I only wish they had gotten enough votes to override a veto.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless   Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 10:02 am

The MEDIA twists SOME things around and shouts what they want the people to hear... They better listen to the legal voters and stop the one party back patting and one party back stabbing....
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless   Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 4:49 am

Jake92 wrote:
The MEDIA twists SOME things around and shouts what they want the people to hear...  They better listen to the legal voters and stop the one party back patting and one party back stabbing....

The media started before the election happened by questioning what the republicans HAD to do in order to compromise with the cowh and the democrats..... In previous election when the democrats swept to power....did the media question what the democrats needed to do to compromise with President Bush?....Guess compromise definition is determined by the occupant of the White House and the media supporting that individual....

Prior to the election the cowh said several times that is agenda/policies were on the ballot.... if so his governing was rejected soundly and yet he said in his press conference that his principles and policies would not be changed...Now who didn't get the message?....Articles say that before Christmas there is a real possibility for an executive order on amnesty for illegals...Coincidence that's before the new Congress?.... This certainly would not be a positive move with either the American People and the newly elected Congress....
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless   Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 1:15 pm

The president and congress should do what the LEGAL voters want and I think they spoke loudly that the present direction is NOT what they want...
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless   Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 8:37 pm

Jake, only 37% of the LEGAL voters bothered to speak at all last election. The rest are so disgusted with both the president and congress that they did not bother to vote. They are disillusioned and disgusted that NEITHER side can be trusted to do what they really want done.

Ain't no way this election was a nationwide mandate proving  most  Americans love Republicans.
It just proved that more right wing folks haven't completely given up on the system yet.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless   Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 8:02 am

Eddard wrote:
Jake, only 37% of the LEGAL voters bothered to speak at all last election. The rest are so disgusted with both the president and congress that they did not bother to vote.  They are disillusioned and disgusted that NEITHER side can be trusted to do what they really want done.

Ain't no way this election was a nationwide mandate proving  most  Americans love Republicans.
It just proved that more right wing folks haven't completely given up on the system yet.

If that's the case or definition of a mandate....then that also disproves that there was a mandate in '08 & '12 ?.....

Agree that republicans should NOT be patting themselves on the backs and spiking the football...In most cases it was the independent and women voters that moved away from the left policies of the democrats and that took so many horrible actions by this administration to be accomplished....
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless   Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 12:26 pm

Until at least a majority of Americans actually go to the polls and vote, you're right. There can't be any real idea of what the majority actually wants.
As long as we have a divided government there's not much of a mandate either, IMO.

I'd love to see some figures that say it was independents and women who swayed this election. If you have some, kindly produce them. I suspect that is not correct. I've also suspected for years that most independents are Republicans who are so ashamed to call themselves that on paper that they register Indie.
They don't want to be associated with the tea party and the far right radicals out there so they just say they are independents. I know a lot of people like that. I used to be one of them.
I also think that people who think like Democrats are mostly registered Democrats.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless   Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 4:57 pm

Back to feeding the homeless.....a church in Pensacola was feeding the homeless in Ferdinand Plaza. It created many problems for the downtown park. The park became a haven for the homeless they were sleeping on benches, panhandling, urinating in public, drinking and littering. The park was not accessible to the general public...people who work in the area could not enjoy their lunch break, quiet time for reading, walking around the park and kids playing came to a halt until the problem was addressed by the city.

I'm not against feeding the homeless...but at the time the Waterfront Mission was just 2 blocks away and would have been a more appropriate location.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless   Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 12:05 am

How could ANY election be fair when a FEW states with large populations get a very small majority of votes for 1 party, but they get 100% of the electoral college votes?? WHY not split the electoral college votes to reflect the HONEST percentage of the votes a candidate gets?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless   Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless Empty

Back to top Go down

Ft. Lauderdale cites 90 year-old man for feeding homeless
Page 1 of 1