Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BobW

BobW

Do you own a car made in the last 12 years?  If so you wanna read this. Empty
PostSubject: Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.   Do you own a car made in the last 12 years?  If so you wanna read this. EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 8:55 am

Better plug your VIN into the link on this page to see if your airbags sometimes turn into IED's. lol

http://www.9news.com/story/money/personal-finance/consumer/2014/10/20/toyota-airbag-recall-takata/17627797/

I dunno why I put that "LOL" in there. I haven't yet looked to see if my car is one of em.

Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.   Do you own a car made in the last 12 years?  If so you wanna read this. EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 10:46 am

I was stopped when a car ran into my BMW Z4. The only injury I had was where a piece of sharp plastic ripped open my wrist propelled by the airbag.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.   Do you own a car made in the last 12 years?  If so you wanna read this. EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 11:02 am

I am jealous... a Z4!

Nice car.

Still have it?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.   Do you own a car made in the last 12 years?  If so you wanna read this. EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 11:35 am

No I got rid of it. I think it was properly repaired but I still won't keep a car that was in a significant wreck...like $14,000 damage in this case. I would hit very high speeds in it but after the wreck I didn't trust it.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.   Do you own a car made in the last 12 years?  If so you wanna read this. EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 11:41 am

BobW wrote:
Better plug your VIN into the link on this page to see if your airbags sometimes turn into IED's.  lol

http://www.9news.com/story/money/personal-finance/consumer/2014/10/20/toyota-airbag-recall-takata/17627797/

I dunno why I put that "LOL" in there.  I haven't yet looked to see if my car is one of em.  

lol, I dreamed (aka, "nightmared") last night that there was a major recall on my new truck, so when I saw this I said, "FFFFFFFFF........FRANK AND BEEEEANS!!!" LOL!

I'm good... for now. Knock on wood.

I don't know why I am lol-ing either, Bob. It's possible that I may have gotten overserved at the espresso stand this morning.

bounce
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.   Do you own a car made in the last 12 years?  If so you wanna read this. EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 12:11 pm

Bob, according to this website, your car isn't one of them.  Here's the Toyotas on the list. Our Civic and Odyssey aren't on the list either.

TOYOTA COROLLA MATRIX 2005
TOYOTA COROLLA MATRIX 2004
TOYOTA COROLLA MATRIX 2003
TOYOTA TUNDRA 2005
TOYOTA TUNDRA 2004
TOYOTA TUNDRA 2003
TOYOTA COROLLA 2005
TOYOTA COROLLA 2004
TOYOTA COROLLA 2003
TOYOTA SEQUOIA 2005
TOYOTA SEQUOIA 2004
TOYOTA SEQUOIA 2003
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.   Do you own a car made in the last 12 years?  If so you wanna read this. EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 1:43 pm

The 325ci BMW I sold to my son was on it...I sent him and an email ...thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.   Do you own a car made in the last 12 years?  If so you wanna read this. EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 7:01 pm

whew! Thank goodness I own all old assed cars. Hell, Im pretty sure mine don't work at all. What a Face
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.   Do you own a car made in the last 12 years?  If so you wanna read this. EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 7:23 pm

My car only has a drivers side air bag so you are safe riding
with me..LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.   Do you own a car made in the last 12 years?  If so you wanna read this. EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 7:38 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
My car only has a drivers side air bag so you are safe riding
with me..LOL

Ill have to sit on your lap. LOL
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.   Do you own a car made in the last 12 years?  If so you wanna read this. EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 7:58 pm

Sounds good to me.....Smile
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.   Do you own a car made in the last 12 years?  If so you wanna read this. EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 12:26 am

Same with the Tacoma... driver's side airbag only. I've been in a couple wrecks and it never deployed. Not that I wanted it to. I'm not a big fan of airbags. I think there's a passenger airbag in the Chevy. Not that anyone ever rides over there.

I remember being SUPER excited when I bought the Taco because there was AN airbag, lol... A *singular* safety feature. I was so excited I told anyone that would listen that "MY NEW TRUCK HAS AN AIRBAG!" lol When my husband bought me the Honda it was because he wanted me to have something safe and nice... it had something crazy like thirteen airbags.
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.   Do you own a car made in the last 12 years?  If so you wanna read this. EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 5:40 am

Eric wrote:
Bob, according to this website, your car isn't one of them.  Here's the Toyotas on the list.  Our Civic and Odyssey aren't on the list either.

TOYOTA COROLLA MATRIX 2005
TOYOTA COROLLA MATRIX 2004
TOYOTA COROLLA MATRIX 2003
TOYOTA TUNDRA 2005
TOYOTA TUNDRA 2004
TOYOTA TUNDRA 2003
TOYOTA COROLLA 2005
TOYOTA COROLLA 2004
TOYOTA COROLLA 2003
TOYOTA SEQUOIA 2005
TOYOTA SEQUOIA 2004
TOYOTA SEQUOIA 2003

One of my two vehicles IS on the list.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.   Do you own a car made in the last 12 years?  If so you wanna read this. EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 11:25 am

It's okay Bob, just duct tape it down. clown

No really, that sucks. Sorry, man.
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.   Do you own a car made in the last 12 years?  If so you wanna read this. EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 11:40 am

riceme wrote:

I don't know what's worse, riceme. The airbag sending shrapnel into my face or having to deal with Bob Tyler Toyota to get it fixed. It's a tough call.
I guess I'll have to drive over to Taliban Motors. lol
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.   Do you own a car made in the last 12 years?  If so you wanna read this. EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 2:51 pm

BobW wrote:
riceme wrote:

I don't know what's worse, riceme.  The airbag sending shrapnel into my face or having to deal with Bob Tyler Toyota to get it fixed.  It's a tough call.  
I guess I'll have to drive over to Taliban Motors.  lol

LMAO. Well, remember this is the passenger side airbag, not the driver's side, so it's not your face you're worried about Wink. Go back and read my above recommendation about the duct tape because as far as I'm concerned dealing w/Bob Tyler Toyota is way worse than having shrapnel exploding in your [passenger's] face from a gd defective airbag.

I was so pissed off at the dealerships in Pensacola that my husband and I drove to Tallahassee in a frigging monsoon (I'm totally serious) to buy a car because I refused to give the assholes in Pensacola my money. We went to the Volvo, Toyota and Honda several times each in my husband's old Toyota pickup because we were working on my Tacoma at the time. They must have thought we didn't have any money or something because we couldn't get a salesman at any of those dealerships to help us. We had cash in our pocket to buy a vehicle outright and knew what we wanted. My husband wanted to go in and get a salesman to help us and I wouldn't let him, explaining the concept of a "commission" to him. I looked up the Honda dealership in Tallahassee and found they had several 2005 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6-speeds in stock and we drove there and bought one the same day. The salesmen ran out to greet us with hot coffee and umbrellas. I looked at husband and said, "THAT is customer service." It was under warranty and trust me, he drove it to Tallahassee for service EVERY TIME.

You couldn't pay me good money to go to a dealership in Pensacola. Bob Tyler tried to tell me I needed a $250 air filter for my Tacoma once when I was forced to go there for a part I had to buy at a dealership. I told them to blow it out their asses, that they weren't talking to some idiot who didn't know what or where an air filter was. I asked how they knew I "needed" it when they hadn't even looked under the hood of my truck. /BLANK STARE./ Anyways, they cost $50 at AutoZone.

Why'd you have to get my going on Pensacola dealerships, Bob??! lol
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.   Do you own a car made in the last 12 years?  If so you wanna read this. EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 3:00 pm

Jack Lee Buick once told me the AC/Heater fan needed to be replaced. Poor design of the Isuzu Trooper allowed some water to get into the fan area. They wanted an arm and a leg to put a new fan in and I just ordered one from their parts department.

They obviously didn't even look at the motor, because all it needed was a spin. A little debris washed into the motor and it was stuck. I gave it a spin and it worked fine after that.

I took the motor back to them and shouted at them saying "Y'all are nothing but a bunch of damn parts changers."
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.   Do you own a car made in the last 12 years?  If so you wanna read this. EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 3:04 pm

Riceme if the country had a few million more of you we wouldn't be on the rocks in a country run by assholes...those assholes would be running for their lives...
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.   Do you own a car made in the last 12 years?  If so you wanna read this. EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 4:39 pm

Eric wrote:
Jack Lee Buick once told me the AC/Heater fan needed to be replaced.  Poor design of the Isuzu Trooper allowed some water to get into the fan area.  They wanted an arm and a leg to put a new fan in and I just ordered one from their parts department.

They obviously didn't even look at the motor, because all it needed was a spin.  A little debris washed into the motor and it was stuck.  I gave it a spin and it worked fine after that.

I took  the motor back to them and shouted at them saying "Y'all are nothing but a bunch of damn parts changers."

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.   Do you own a car made in the last 12 years?  If so you wanna read this. EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 4:41 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Riceme if the country had a few million more of you we wouldn't be on the rocks in a country run by assholes...those assholes would be running for their lives...

You got that right!!!
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.   Do you own a car made in the last 12 years?  If so you wanna read this. EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 4:45 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Haha, well the Tacoma did NOT need a new air filter when Bob Tyler said it did, but it definitely did two months ago when my mass airflow sensor went bananas. When I pulled out the filter it weighed no less than 5-lbs. It was full of mud.

No kidding. I wish I would have taken a picture of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.   Do you own a car made in the last 12 years?  If so you wanna read this. Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you own a car made in the last 12 years? If so you wanna read this.
Page 1 of 1