Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Multitasking Damages Your Brain

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Multitasking Damages Your Brain Empty
PostSubject: Multitasking Damages Your Brain   Multitasking Damages Your Brain EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 3:44 pm

http://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbradberry/2014/10/08/multitasking-damages-your-brain-and-career-new-studies-suggest/

Multitasking Lowers IQ

Research also shows that, in addition to slowing you down, multitasking lowers your IQ. A study at the University of London found that participants who multitasked during cognitive tasks experienced IQ score declines that were similar to what they’d expect if they had smoked marijuana or stayed up all night. IQ drops of 15 points for multitasking men lowered their scores to the average range of an 8-year-old child.

So the next time you’re writing your boss an email during a meeting, remember that your cognitive capacity is being diminished to the point that you might as well let an 8-year-old write it for you.
Back to top Go down

Multitasking Damages Your Brain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multitasking Damages Your Brain   Multitasking Damages Your Brain EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 5:46 pm

I swear. Some of the scientific studies I see coming out the last few years I swear they are trying to give false info. to use pkr's phrase. up is down, ..........

I guess I can write off the rest of whats left of my teeny IQ now.
Back to top Go down

Multitasking Damages Your Brain
Page 1 of 1