Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So I got a two-pack of those Bluetooth Tracker thingies for my keys and wallet.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

So I got a two-pack of those Bluetooth Tracker thingies for my keys and wallet. Empty
PostSubject: So I got a two-pack of those Bluetooth Tracker thingies for my keys and wallet.   So I got a two-pack of those Bluetooth Tracker thingies for my keys and wallet. EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 11:30 am

So I got a two-pack of those Bluetooth Tracker thingies for my keys and wallet. 51DzmVEEpnL

What they do is send out a bluetooth signal and if your phone gets more than 40 feet or so from my keys or my wallet, the phone will alarm.  They're about the size of a quarter and come with sticky pads.  Bought them on sale after leaving my car keys in Pensacola.  The companion app on my phone has a "radar" thingy that guides me to my keys or wallet.

They work, but damn, running bluetooth constantly on my phone kills the battery quickly.  I have to charge the phone daily or it will be as dead as the proverbial doornail.  

The little transmitters themselves use a watch battery and can last up to a year before having to replace the battery.

I suspect I will use the app when I am traveling or out the door in town and keep it off the rest of the time.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

So I got a two-pack of those Bluetooth Tracker thingies for my keys and wallet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I got a two-pack of those Bluetooth Tracker thingies for my keys and wallet.   So I got a two-pack of those Bluetooth Tracker thingies for my keys and wallet. EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 4:22 pm

Or you could just get a wife. Just like Siri, they ask things like, "Do you have your keys?"

Oh forgot. You have one. And a nice one at that. Smile
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: So I got a two-pack of those Bluetooth Tracker thingies for my keys and wallet.   So I got a two-pack of those Bluetooth Tracker thingies for my keys and wallet. EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 4:46 pm

So I got a two-pack of those Bluetooth Tracker thingies for my keys and wallet. ObamaHeadUpAss

Now maybe Obama can find his head...
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: So I got a two-pack of those Bluetooth Tracker thingies for my keys and wallet.   So I got a two-pack of those Bluetooth Tracker thingies for my keys and wallet. EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 5:46 pm

I use a bluetooth headset. I wonder if I can connect those with bluetooth simultaneously with the headset connected.
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: So I got a two-pack of those Bluetooth Tracker thingies for my keys and wallet.   So I got a two-pack of those Bluetooth Tracker thingies for my keys and wallet. EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 5:47 pm

SheSurfs wrote:

Oh forgot. You have one. And a nice one at that. Smile

Nice and very smart too. She figured out a problem with my smartphone that had me stumped for two weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I got a two-pack of those Bluetooth Tracker thingies for my keys and wallet.   So I got a two-pack of those Bluetooth Tracker thingies for my keys and wallet. Empty

Back to top Go down

So I got a two-pack of those Bluetooth Tracker thingies for my keys and wallet.
Page 1 of 1