Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Well, it's somebody's pet...

Go down 
+3
Granny4Peace
stormwatch89
Eric
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
riceme

riceme

Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:12 pm

My folks' chocolate lab, Bullet will -- on command to "Feed Marshal!" -- run into the shop, get a carrot out of the 100-lb sack they get from the carrot farm, then take the carrot down to my brother's roping horse, Marshal and feed it to him. He's a great dog.

And every single day without fail, if my dad has not come to him to play ball for for the allotted 20-minutes at 1645, Bullet will come find Dad, drop a tennis ball at his feet, then nudge him with his nose. MANY times I have been on the phone with my dad and he has told me that he had to go because it was time for him to play fetch with Bullet. He just will not leave him be until he's gotten his 20-minutes. Funny dog.

I'm not sure how time changes work... I'm gonna have to ask Dad about that!
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:53 pm

I'm sure Bullet doesn't care about the time change and wil want to play when his internal clock tells him it's time to play.
Gizmo used to remind me every day that it was time for his heartworm pill. He would go to the counter and look at the bottle and give his little play time bark. When I first gave him one, I pretended to eat one and told him it was candy and tasted good.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 8:55 am

Jake92 wrote:
My sheltie used to put his stuffed animals and toys back in his toy box when he was finished playing with them.

My mutt Ellis leaves his toys and bones in strategically-placed locations that ensure we break ankles when we stumble to the bathroom at night. geek
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 9:07 am

LOL One morning, I woke up wondering why my heating pad was cold and messed with the switch and nothing happened. I looked at the outlet and it was unplugged. The plug was gone from the end of the wire. I looked and looked and couldn't find it, then eventually gave up so I could get ready for work. Everything went normal until I put on my shoes and found the missing plug in the toe of my right shoe after I found the shoe in his toy box. LOL

Last edited by Jake92 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:16 am

C'mon boy...

Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 H3PkZDr
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:36 pm

Not the smartest puppy...

Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 CDiTT6t
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 9:08 pm

Eric wrote:
Not the smartest puppy...

...or owner! That guy desperately needs a doggy door! Pup sure is a handsome feller, though.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 5:23 pm

Hey!

You tawkin' to me?

Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 Friday-picdump-bannedinhollyood-30
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:40 pm

Did anybody else notice that the owner is walking THRU the CLOSED door and opening it from the OUTSIDE????? I just saw it...... LOL
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 8:55 am

Eric wrote:
Hey!

You tawkin' to me?

Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 Friday-picdump-bannedinhollyood-30

Reminds me of our little Mikey. Seven pounds of pure attitude! Mikey rules the roost around here, even if his little sis and little bro weigh 75 pounds apiece.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:07 pm

Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 SEqCbR2
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:36 pm

Here is one especially for PB:

Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 PittBulls-1

Last edited by riceme on Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:46 pm

I agree 100% Ricey.... The biggest thing a dog wants is love and attention.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:48 pm

Eric, when Gizmo wanted to go for a walk, he brought me his leash. I never had to hook it to his collar, he just held one end in his mouth..
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 4:07 pm

Eric wrote:
Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 SEqCbR2

Those are two smilin' dudes!

How can anyone not love that sweet pit bull's smile?
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 6:35 pm

Jake92 wrote:
Eric, when Gizmo wanted to go for a walk, he brought me his leash. I never had to hook it to his collar, he just held one end in his mouth..

LOL!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 5:09 pm

Well, hello dere...

Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 RAoNCT9
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:56 pm

I found this at http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com with the following entry. I have to say, though, that I disagree with the submitter... I think the sign explains a lot about Yukoners. cat

Quote :
Our anonymous submitter saw this notice up in Canada’s Yukon territory. “I always knew that dogs were a very important in the life of the Yukoners,” she says, by way of explanation…an explanation that, frustratingly, explains next to nothing about these people or their “visitors.”

Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 ToAllNonPet-Owners_YukonTerritory_PassiveAggressive-com
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:06 am

I have plenty of FURniture, lol.

When I vacuum, I get enough for a spare dog or two.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:26 pm

Forget Montana. We need to move to the Yukon.

Did I ever mention I have to wear a black uniform? I have a defuzzer roller on every table.

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:35 pm

If you run out of the rollers, you can take sticky tape and wrap it around your palm, sticky side out. That works too.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 5:23 pm

I have a lot of FURniture too, E. And my sole Craig's List purchase (disastrous, scary, and never again, but I got it!) was a Dyson Animal. YAY!

I know, PB... the Yukon sounds like just the place for gals like us, doesn't it?? (Except for that whole, you know, being in CAN-A-DUH part, lol.)
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 10:27 am

Shame

Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 MEHmBMd
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:57 pm

^If you can believe it, tiny BLUE KITTY unleashes strikingly similar mayhem in my kitchen, bathrooms and living room.

I have to guess that she gets up on the counter and actually jumps into the kitchen garbage can, then somehow knocks it over when she can't get out, then hauls garbage all over the house. Bathroom garbage cans are much easier for her to get into, and her all-time favorite "toys" are Q-tips (???!) and medicine bottles. She also gets up on any flat surface... the kitchen bar and counters, coffee table, bedside tables, you name it, and knocks anything off that she thinks might be fun to play with... even if she has to knock a breakable bowl off to get it. RASCAL!

Of course, she does this when I'm not at home. I've learned to put all breakables on hutches and shelves high enough that she cannot reach them. I used to keep my daily meds (migraine & seizure prophylactics, thyroid) on the bathroom counter so I don't forget to take them, but after the second time she absconded with my meds, which finally found 1/ under a heavy hutch, 2/ under the couch. I put them away in the bathroom drawer. She once knocked my ready-to-mail lease agreement off the kitchen table (the one in the kitchen is a booth... banquette?? Whatever.). When I couldn't find it I thought, "Oh, geez, I must have mailed that and forgot." WRONG. After my friends who own the home I live in called, I searched high and low... then FINALLY looked behind the booth seat (against the wall) and whaddya know, there 'twas.

Again I say, RASCAL!!
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:23 am

Eric wrote:

Shame

Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 MEHmBMd

But typical around this household!

Our Molly has developed a predilection for empty cat food cans. She likes to lick them, kinda like a child licking a spoon while Mom's baking a cake. We have to hang our recyclable bag up on the wall to keep her from getting into it. Otherwise, she's good about not tearing up anything. In fact, she's pretty graceful around the house.

And my kitties - if either of them aren't getting the attention they know they deserve, they will start knocking things off tables. I don't mean accidentally; they do it on purpose. Pens, paper, books and yes, my medications one time. They take their little pawsies and gennnnntly push whatever it is off the table. They don't play with whatever item it may be - they just sit and stare at us until they get their required strokes. I know we reward bad behavior, but there is simply no way to train cats!

Besides, both of my kittes are bob-tails, and they do tend to have a different temperament from "normal" cats, or so I've learned. More stubborn, more entitled and very much like dogs in that they will follow us from room to room for no good reason. Even to the flippin' bathroom when they can! Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's somebody's pet...   Well, it's somebody's pet... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Well, it's somebody's pet...
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Hobbies and Personal Interests :: Our Pets-
Jump to: