Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta Empty
PostSubject: Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta   Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 12:17 am

One of my favorite people. It's being test driven for 170 of his immediate staff:

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-29356627
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta   Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 7:28 am

Im a advocate of this sort of.

Its a great way to weed out poor performers.

Poor performers who are full of excuses will excuse themselves right out of a job.

High performers will thrive in a enviroment like this.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta   Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 7:56 am

It would be great to work like that, but some clods will take It to the extreme and ruin the concept for the whole group.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta   Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 8:19 am

Eric wrote:
It would be great to work like that, but some clods will take It to the extreme and ruin the concept for the whole group.

I employ a simular method for my staff.

I allow them to flex their day to fit the work load. However, they are all high performers.

I wouldnt be surprised that this announcment of this method from virgin is a way for him to lean out his company with out lay offs, it works and it leaves him looking favoribly.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta   Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 10:15 am

Chrissy* wrote:
Im a advocate of this sort of.

Its a great way to weed out poor performers.

Poor performers who are full of excuses will excuse themselves right out of a job.

High performers will thrive in a enviroment like this.

I completely agree.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta   Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 10:18 am

Eric wrote:

If people who abuse the system don't get weeded out as they should, then yes, it ruins it for the whole group.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta   Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 1:09 pm

Many times, taking a day off or severl days off made my work harder, trying to catch up was a punishment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta   Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
Many times, taking a day off or severl days off made my work harder, trying to catch up was a punishment.

I admit. I feel that way personally because no one covers my duties when Im gone. So you have a good point, because this leisurely idea may not fit certain positions either.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta   Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 10:13 am

It usually took me 2-3 times longer to fix the mistakes than to do the job myself if I took a day off..
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta   Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 10:49 am

I completely agree about having to work three times as hard for missing days off. That's why this concept would reward the conscientious…without them having to feel guilty or stressed out about having to ask for or arrange deserved/needed days off. The conscientious are not going to bail out the day of an audit, a big event, presentation, etc.

As the employer, it gives you one less hassle or awkwardness to deal with - no phone calls from someone at five AM asking permission to take three days off because their grandmother died, and it reduces the vertical power which is only needed for lousy workers. "Yes, I am King E. Conomics and I bestow my favor on you by allowing you to a day off for a root canal." Absurd and condescending for the people who keep your business world rotating.

Plus, no better (sneaky) way for undedicated employees to shine a spotlight on themselves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta   Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta Empty

Back to top Go down

Sir Richard Says You Can Take Off From Work Whenever You Want - Sorta
Page 1 of 1