Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Soccer Player Could Have Lost His Hand - Someone tosses grenade onto field.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Soccer Player Could Have Lost His Hand - Someone tosses grenade onto field. Empty
PostSubject: Soccer Player Could Have Lost His Hand - Someone tosses grenade onto field.   Soccer Player Could Have Lost His Hand - Someone tosses grenade onto field. EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 11:54 am

I hope the scumbag that threw the grenade was caught. How stupid and thoughtless can you get? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

Soccer Player Could Have Lost His Hand - Someone tosses grenade onto field. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Player Could Have Lost His Hand - Someone tosses grenade onto field.   Soccer Player Could Have Lost His Hand - Someone tosses grenade onto field. EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 7:12 pm

That's incredible...this was an Iranian soccer match.

It makes me think of the Ghazi Stadium in Afghanistan that was used for public stonings, mutilations and executions by the Taliban and restored to its intended use last year. It was said that the soil of the pitch was so soaked with the dead that grass would not grow. Out of respect, the soil was completely replaced and covered with artificial turf.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Player Could Have Lost His Hand - Someone tosses grenade onto field.   Soccer Player Could Have Lost His Hand - Someone tosses grenade onto field. EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 7:58 pm

If it was a real fragmentation grenade, the shrapnel would have killed the guy that tossed it off the field... at least maimed him. If it was a grenade, it might have been a practice grenade... which is pretty explosive in it's own right.

My brother-in-law told a story about coming back from National Guard training with a practice grenade. The story starts out with a Vietnamese family that moved in the week before. Their driveway was directly across from my brother-in-law's.

Anyway, my brother-in-law was showing his roommate the grenade. He then threw a practice grenade pretty hard down his driveway and it rolled across the street, up the other drive and onto the Vietnamese people's carport, where it blew up really loud.

My brother-in-law and his roommate quickly ran back inside their house, half laughing, half thinking "Oh shit!"

The Vietnamese people moved out the next week.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Player Could Have Lost His Hand - Someone tosses grenade onto field.   Soccer Player Could Have Lost His Hand - Someone tosses grenade onto field. EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:46 pm

Yikes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Player Could Have Lost His Hand - Someone tosses grenade onto field.   Soccer Player Could Have Lost His Hand - Someone tosses grenade onto field. Empty

Back to top Go down

Soccer Player Could Have Lost His Hand - Someone tosses grenade onto field.
Page 1 of 1