Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Apple IOS 8 is scary.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eddard

Eddard

Apple  IOS 8 is scary. Empty
PostSubject: Apple IOS 8 is scary.   Apple  IOS 8 is scary. EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:01 pm

Has anybody heard about IOS 8 for the iphone? I just read that they are getting rid of the camera roll on the phone. They made it impossible to completely delete pictures now.
This could be a disaster for people who like to take selfies that they might only want a few friends to see. The pictures will be around forever in a cloud someplace. That's dangerous stuff.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Apple IOS 8 is scary.   Apple  IOS 8 is scary. EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:11 pm

I don't know if it works as advertised but after I upgraded to 8 I opted out of Icloud services....the new good thing is that the data on our phones now is totally inaccessible by anyone but the phones owner. It's a new encryption system that makes hacking our data almost impossible...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Apple IOS 8 is scary.   Apple  IOS 8 is scary. EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:35 pm

I have an iPad Air with iOS 8. I hate 8 and wish I had never upgraded to it.

I never installed iCloud (never registered), so I don't think my pictures go anywhere. They may disappear in 30 days, though. I need to do some tests to see if they do go away... after saving them somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apple IOS 8 is scary.   Apple  IOS 8 is scary. Empty

Back to top Go down

Apple IOS 8 is scary.
Page 1 of 1