Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart...

Go down 
+3
nochain
mediawatcher
TEOTWAWKI
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart... Empty
PostSubject: Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart...   Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart... EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 10:32 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/top-level-turnover-makes-it-harder-for-dhs-to-stay-on-top-of-evolving-threats/2014/09/21/ca7919a6-39d7-11e4-9c9f-ebb47272e40e_story.html

An exodus of top-level officials from the Department of Homeland Security is undercutting the agency’s ability to stay ahead of a range of emerging threats, including potential terrorist strikes and cyberattacks, according to interviews with current and former officials.

Over the past four years, employees have left DHS at a rate nearly twice as fast as in the federal government overall, and the trend is accelerating, according to a review of a federal database.

The departures are a result of what employees widely describe as a dysfunctional work environment, abysmal morale, and the lure of private security companies paying top dollar that have proliferated in Washington since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart...   Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart... EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 9:17 am

So sorry to hear the sad news, Teo.

I know you are heartbroken.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart...   Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart... EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 9:31 am

Eric wrote:
So sorry to hear the sad news, Teo.

I know you are heartbroken.

'Undercutting the agency's ability stay ahead of a range of emerging threats, including potential terrorist strikes and cyberattacks'

Now there's some information that should be publicized.... Is there an agency that hasn't been either corrupt and/or incompetent?... If there's a department that needs to succeed it would be the one tasked with protecting this nation...
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart...   Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart... EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 9:51 am

DHS reminds me of using a sledgehammer to kill an ant.....
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart...   Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart... EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 9:53 am

The agencies a joke...leaving our borders wide open while checking the poop in baby diapers for explosives...it's a sick joke...
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart...   Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart... EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 9:56 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
The agencies a joke...leaving our borders wide open while checking the poop in baby diapers for explosives...it's a sick joke...

This administration is a JOKE and we are the butt of the joke [well those that voted for him]....Not to defend this or any other agency but they can't enforce laws that this administration/doj is intentionally instructing it's agencies to ignore....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart...   Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart... EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 10:11 am

We just need for them to publish a detailed list of our vulnerabilities and post pictures of places, where the guards are, and their shift changes, BUT WAIT!

Also include a bonus list of personnel in high places that would be vulnerable to blackmail or succumb to the wiles of a sexy spy.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart...   Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart... EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 10:29 am

mediawatcher wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

This administration is a JOKE and we are the butt of the joke [well those that voted for him]....Not to defend this or any other agency but they can't enforce laws that this administration/doj is intentionally instructing it's agencies to ignore....

Wake up call..Homeland securitie's main mission is to protect the Central government from people just like you. Disgruntled Vets, Militia and patriots...look it up.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart...   Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart... EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:53 pm

I never liked that name Homeland anyway. It sounds too much like fatherland.

I won't even watch the Homeland TV series anymore now that they've killed off Brody. Er, who wants to watch Clare Danes pretending to have nervous ticks for an hour?

Maybe that was a little off topic. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart...   Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart... EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:39 pm

Eddard wrote:

I won't even watch the Homeland TV series anymore now that they've killed off Brody. Er, who wants to watch Clare Danes pretending to have nervous ticks for an hour?

Off-topic conversations are the norm here, lol.  We go down some deep rabbit trails here.  

Unless somebody objects, it'l be okay, man.  Unless it is a real serious thread and people are really getting into it, feel free to digress.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart...   Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart... EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 3:23 pm

I'm still amazed at all of the domestic controls put in place when we were supposedly attacked by foreigners. Teo is right... it's a sick joke... and where's the outrage? We have been domesticated... baaaaaa.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart...   Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart... EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart... U8IZ1uF
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart...   Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart... EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 4:13 pm

Lmao... I laughed and watched that for five minutes.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart...   Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart... EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 4:25 pm

I have a collection of reaction URLs that I use. If I see something that I like, I add it to my list.

Here's one I haven't used yet.

Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart... UmtaLZw
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart...   Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart... EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 6:28 pm

The Dude wrote:
Lmao... I laughed and watched that for five minutes.

I laughed that you watched that for 5 minutes

lol!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart...   Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart... EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 8:13 pm

Hey, it's mesmerizing.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart...   Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart... EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 8:44 pm

Eddard wrote:

That was a great show! What are they going to do with it now that they killed off Brody?? :/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart...   Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart... EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 6:23 pm

Eric wrote:
Hey, it's mesmerizing.

it really is.

I went back to it and watched it for a minute just for fun... and then I got the giggles and had to stop.

im sure its funnier to look at now because of yall LOL Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart...   Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart... Empty

Back to top Go down

Some good news for a change..homeland security falling apart...
Page 1 of 1