Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cars and trucks to avoid...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Cars and trucks  to avoid... Empty
PostSubject: Cars and trucks to avoid...   Cars and trucks  to avoid... EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 7:23 am

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/09/no_author/2015-new-cars-trucks-and-crossovers/

Nissan Titan

Long in need of a refresh, Nissan’s full-size pickup truck tends to be also-ran in an intensely brand-loyal segment; it’s handily outclassed by entries from Chevrolet/GMC, Ford and Ram, and to a lesser degree, Toyota. The Titan is rated both below average in residual value from ALG and in performance from J.D. Power; it’s also noted as being among Consumer Reports’ worst values.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Cars and trucks to avoid...   Cars and trucks  to avoid... EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 9:33 am

Sad Aww, sorry, T!

Funny commentary on the Jeep Wrangler. Apparently they don't know why people buy them.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Cars and trucks to avoid...   Cars and trucks  to avoid... EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 3:18 pm

I don't know much about the Titan but the Frontier is terrible on gas mileage.
I used to have one and traded for a Ford F-150. Larger truck, better mileage.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Cars and trucks to avoid...   Cars and trucks  to avoid... EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 3:23 pm

One of my sisters had a Nissan for a long time... parts were very expensive for it compared to my Tacoma. And Nissan uses plastic parts where Toyota still uses metal parts. Aside from totally pissing me off, that doesn't work so well up here. Plastic door handles snap right off in the cold.

What year Ford do you have? How do you like it? Any issues? 4WD or 2WD?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Cars and trucks to avoid...   Cars and trucks  to avoid... EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 5:52 pm

I see on the net that '08 was the last year that Ford put a manual transmission (5-speed). I don't think they matched up a manual transmission with a V-8. According to one poster, he saw an 08 with a 4x4 manual transfer case (two shifter sticks in the cab).
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Cars and trucks to avoid...   Cars and trucks  to avoid... EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 8:51 pm

They are just so hard to find... I prefer manuals mostly because there are about 700 less parts and that's about 700 less things to go wrong by my count. I am a huge fan of the KISS theory of Keep It Simple Stupid. A manual xfr case is much more important to me at this point since at the rate we're going I will have to move to an automatic transmission anyways, but it will be a cold day in hell before I rely on push-button 4WD.

If I could find an <08 with a manual transmission and a manual xfr case I would be super happy, but I doubt it's going to happen. There is a very small pool of pickups for me to choose from up here.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Cars and trucks to avoid...   Cars and trucks  to avoid... EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 9:12 pm

I remember my mom years ago driving my VW bug. I told her she needed to shift gears......she said, " I' m to busy with other stuff ...I don't have time to keep shifting gears". God love her.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Cars and trucks to avoid...   Cars and trucks  to avoid... EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 9:15 pm

My Nissan gets 24 mpg but it is plastic...I use a lot of glue..LOL
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Cars and trucks to avoid...   Cars and trucks  to avoid... EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 9:24 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
I remember my mom years ago driving my VW bug. I told her she needed to shift gears......she said, " I' m to busy with other stuff ...I don't have time to keep shifting gears".  God love her.

pale
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Cars and trucks to avoid...   Cars and trucks  to avoid... EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 9:24 pm

I keep slapping plastic body panels into place on my Civic.  A rivet here, a screw there, lol.

I love the car, and I have dealt out a lot of abuse on it.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Cars and trucks to avoid...   Cars and trucks  to avoid... EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 9:28 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
My Nissan gets 24 mpg but it is plastic...I use a lot of glue..LOL

I know a guy who has a Pathfinder with no doorhandles left. Shocked

I am envious of your mpg, though!
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Cars and trucks to avoid...   Cars and trucks  to avoid... EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 9:39 pm

It's a 4 banger..I make up for the lost masculinity by riding a harley...LOL.

Here is my truck just before the Illuminati blew it up...took a lot of glue to restore it,,,

Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Cars and trucks to avoid...   Cars and trucks  to avoid... EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 9:49 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Cars and trucks to avoid...   Cars and trucks  to avoid... EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 10:19 pm

Riceme, I have the Ford F-150 and it does get better gas mileage than the Frontier did. It has what they call "econo-boost" built in for better gas mileage. It's a 4 WD model and it has tremendous towing capacity. That's what I like about it most.
It's a 2011 but only had 11,000 miles on it. I got it at Sandy Sansing because I like the way they deal with you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cars and trucks to avoid...   Cars and trucks  to avoid... Empty

Back to top Go down

Cars and trucks to avoid...
Page 1 of 1