Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WONDERING WHY SOME THIEVES ARE MORE IMPORTANT TO THE AUTHORITIES THAN OTHERS...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
polecat

polecat

WONDERING WHY SOME THIEVES ARE MORE IMPORTANT TO THE AUTHORITIES THAN OTHERS...  Empty
PostSubject: WONDERING WHY SOME THIEVES ARE MORE IMPORTANT TO THE AUTHORITIES THAN OTHERS...    WONDERING WHY SOME THIEVES ARE MORE IMPORTANT TO THE AUTHORITIES THAN OTHERS...  EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 8:48 am

I was just perusing the banal time-suck known as Facebook when I noticed something interesting, yet curious, had been posted to my news feed. Maybe someone out there can explain it to me and clear up my confusion.

The St. Louis police have released surveillance video from a Shoe Carnival store that was looted during recent protests in an effort to track down those responsible for the theft of the store's inventory. People who recognize any of the thieves in the video are encouraged to contact the police so that those responsible can be brought to justice.

Here's my question: Has anyone bothered to track down the thieves who gutted the investment portfolios and savings accounts of millions of Americans when Wall Street tried to destroy our economy several years ago? As far as I can tell, no one's been prosecuted for those crimes, and yet here we are with our panties in a wad over some missing shoes.

Isn't it odd how some crimes are worthy of the full, undivided attention of the authorities, while other crimes seem insignificant to those charged with enforcing the laws?

Then I watched the surveillance video, and a lot of my confusion came into immediate focus:

The folks robbing the shoe store seem to be of a much darker complexion than the guys who crashed our economy. And not only are they darker, but they probably don't belong to the same country clubs and yacht clubs as the people carrying off the Nikes in the video.

Nevermind. I've figured it out. Thanks for playing along, though.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

WONDERING WHY SOME THIEVES ARE MORE IMPORTANT TO THE AUTHORITIES THAN OTHERS...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: WONDERING WHY SOME THIEVES ARE MORE IMPORTANT TO THE AUTHORITIES THAN OTHERS...    WONDERING WHY SOME THIEVES ARE MORE IMPORTANT TO THE AUTHORITIES THAN OTHERS...  EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 8:58 am

It ALL goes back to which ones are campaign contributors to the party in power and the party trying to get the power.. BOTH are crooked and won't upset the apple cart, but the looters are just common low life thieves that never contribute to any political campaign..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: WONDERING WHY SOME THIEVES ARE MORE IMPORTANT TO THE AUTHORITIES THAN OTHERS...    WONDERING WHY SOME THIEVES ARE MORE IMPORTANT TO THE AUTHORITIES THAN OTHERS...  EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 9:08 am

And the authorities are always picking that low-hanging fruit...

(People that usually cannot afford good lawyers.)

Good point, Polecat.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: WONDERING WHY SOME THIEVES ARE MORE IMPORTANT TO THE AUTHORITIES THAN OTHERS...    WONDERING WHY SOME THIEVES ARE MORE IMPORTANT TO THE AUTHORITIES THAN OTHERS...  EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 11:20 am

polecat wrote:
I was just perusing the banal time-suck known as Facebook when I noticed something interesting, yet curious, had been posted to my news feed.  Maybe someone out there can explain it to me and clear up my confusion.

The St. Louis police have released surveillance video from a Shoe Carnival store that was looted during recent protests in an effort to track down those responsible for the theft of the store's inventory.  People who recognize any of the thieves in the video are encouraged to contact the police so that those responsible can be brought to justice.

Here's my question:  Has anyone bothered to track down the thieves who gutted the investment portfolios and savings accounts of millions of Americans when Wall Street tried to destroy our economy several years ago?  As far as I can tell, no one's been prosecuted for those crimes, and yet here we are with our panties in a wad over some missing shoes.

Isn't it odd how some crimes are worthy of the full, undivided attention of the authorities, while other crimes seem insignificant to those charged with enforcing the laws?

Then I watched the surveillance video, and a lot of my confusion came into immediate focus:

The folks robbing the shoe store seem to be of a much darker complexion than the guys who crashed our economy.  And not only are they darker, but they probably don't belong to the same country clubs and yacht clubs as the people carrying off the Nikes in the video.

Nevermind.  I've figured it out.  Thanks for playing along, though.

You can give this guy a call, maybe he can explain it:

Attorney General, Eric H. Holder, Jr., 202-514-2001
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: WONDERING WHY SOME THIEVES ARE MORE IMPORTANT TO THE AUTHORITIES THAN OTHERS...    WONDERING WHY SOME THIEVES ARE MORE IMPORTANT TO THE AUTHORITIES THAN OTHERS...  EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 11:35 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxist_criminology
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WONDERING WHY SOME THIEVES ARE MORE IMPORTANT TO THE AUTHORITIES THAN OTHERS...    WONDERING WHY SOME THIEVES ARE MORE IMPORTANT TO THE AUTHORITIES THAN OTHERS...  EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 6:30 pm

polecat wrote:

Here's my question:  Has anyone bothered to track down the thieves who gutted the investment portfolios and savings accounts of millions of Americans when Wall Street tried to destroy our economy several years ago?  As far as I can tell, no one's been prosecuted for those crimes, .

Expand your question please.

Who do you think should be tracked down? You must have an idea or your question would be irrelevant with the rest of your comment which was irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WONDERING WHY SOME THIEVES ARE MORE IMPORTANT TO THE AUTHORITIES THAN OTHERS...    WONDERING WHY SOME THIEVES ARE MORE IMPORTANT TO THE AUTHORITIES THAN OTHERS...  Empty

Back to top Go down

WONDERING WHY SOME THIEVES ARE MORE IMPORTANT TO THE AUTHORITIES THAN OTHERS...
Page 1 of 1