Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

US wages....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

US wages.... Empty
PostSubject: US wages....    US wages.... EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 10:05 am

Down 23% since 2008 reported by the Conference of Mayors....
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

US wages.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: US wages....    US wages.... EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 11:10 am

mediawatcher wrote:

Here, I'll save our progressive friends some bandwidth: "IT"S ALL BUSH's FAULT"!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

US wages.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: US wages....    US wages.... EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 12:14 pm

Surely uncertainty in US Policy shares the blame, but my simple mind keeps looking at what companies are doing... sitting on record amounts of cash ($1.64 Trillion) while wages are cut as you say by 28%.  

Is it the Obama administration or simple greed on the private sector's part?  I think there is plenty of blame to go around, and it seems myopic to put all the blame on the Obama administration.  The business community wants to blame the administration's policymaking, but they increased Capital spending of $869 billion and dividend payouts of $365 billion, according to Bloomberg.  Why can't they pay employees a decent salary?  

For businesses, it's all about the bottom line.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

US wages.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: US wages....    US wages.... EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 1:01 pm

Eric wrote:
Surely uncertainty in US Policy shares the blame, but my simple mind keeps looking at what companies are doing... sitting on record amounts of cash ($1.64 Trillion) while wages are cut as you say by 28%.  

Is it the Obama administration or simple greed on the private sector's part?  I think there is plenty of blame to go around, and it seems myopic to put all the blame on the Obama administration.  The business community wants to blame the administration's policymaking, but they increased Capital spending of $869 billion and dividend payouts of $365 billion, according to Bloomberg.  Why can't they pay employees a decent salary?  

Eric, it has to be! Corps do not operate alone but answer to the board which answers to the stockholders.

While I understand your fight for a decent wage, it's clear that our wages and taxes and cost of living are driving our businesses overseas.

Some people ( not you, dahlin) seem to forget that the two entities answer to two highly different bosses.
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

US wages.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: US wages....    US wages.... EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 1:02 pm

nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:

Here, I'll save our progressive friends some bandwidth: "IT"S ALL BUSH's FAULT"!!!!!!!

lol! lol! lol! lol! 

Is FT hiding here somewhere?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

US wages.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: US wages....    US wages.... EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 1:29 pm

Stormy, I fully understand that the bottom line drives business decisions, but to blame the current administration on poor wages when businesses are flush with cash doesn't make sense to me.

Admittedly, I am no financial wizard.

I'm not on any crusade for higher wages... just making an observation.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

US wages.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: US wages....    US wages.... EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 3:30 pm

Eric wrote:

Good observations, E.
Back to top Go down

US wages.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: US wages....    US wages.... EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 5:50 pm

Maybe businesses are scared of what's next with oblamer? Lots of anti biznez stuff from obama and unpredictability is important in making future decisions for a company
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

US wages.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: US wages....    US wages.... EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 5:04 am

*~Tree~* wrote:
Maybe businesses are scared of what's next with oblamer? Lots of anti biznez stuff from obama and unpredictability is important in making future decisions for a company

When the experts/pundits/ are all saying that at the conclusion of summer [after his vacation] the cowh will make his most brazen executive action with these illegals that have entered the country...What's the cost of absorbing them into this nation not to mention the laws that are being violated by doing so... Read where signing up for [name] cowh healthcare is continuing to be dismal...so the costs are going to continue to rise to keep that monster afloat...
Back to top Go down

US wages.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: US wages....    US wages.... EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 6:36 am

This country is going to he'll fast.

And I have a bad case of I'm working to hard for what's
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

US wages.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: US wages....    US wages.... EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 7:28 am

mediawatcher wrote:
*~Tree~* wrote:

When the experts/pundits/ are all saying that at the conclusion of summer [after his vacation] the cowh will make his most brazen executive action with these illegals that have entered the country...What's the cost of absorbing them into this nation not to mention the laws that are being violated by doing so... Read where signing up for [name] cowh healthcare is continuing to be dismal...so the costs are going to continue to rise to keep that monster afloat...

Funny you should say that.  I didn't read the article, but a headline I read yesterday went something like this: A year into Obamacare and the feared increases in the costs of healthcare due to Obamacare didn't happen.

EDIT: I tried to find that article and found this (not the one I saw)http://www.eclectablog.com/2013/09/debunking-the-republican-lie-that-health-insurance-costs-have-skyrocketed-under-obama.html
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

US wages.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: US wages....    US wages.... EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 7:46 am

Eric wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
*~Tree~* wrote:

Funny you should say that.  I didn't read the article, but a headline I read yesterday went something like this: A year into Obamacare and the feared increases in the costs of healthcare due to Obamacare didn't happen.

EDIT:  I tried to find that article and found this (not the one I saw)http://www.eclectablog.com/2013/09/debunking-the-republican-lie-that-health-insurance-costs-have-skyrocketed-under-obama.html

Went back and tried to find the article with no luck...The exemptions that were granted will also be coming due to those businesses and small businesses... Which will or could force those businesses to cut employees...cut hours and make more part-time non-benefit positions which certainly will not help the work force...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

US wages.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: US wages....    US wages.... EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 7:49 am

It is hard to find unbiased articles on rising costs of healthcare.

Does this qualify? They say it is unbiased...
http://www.newsweek.com/obamacare-premium-hikes-relatively-modest-non-partisan-cbo-says-246159
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

US wages.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: US wages....    US wages.... EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 7:52 am

Eric wrote:

Does this qualify?  They say it is unbiased...
http://www.newsweek.com/obamacare-premium-hikes-relatively-modest-non-partisan-cbo-says-246159

Think the over estimation of younger enrollees didn't help either....Any increase to the healthcare was not as promised...."Not one thin dime more".cowh....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

US wages.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: US wages....    US wages.... EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 7:55 am

mediawatcher wrote:
Eric wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
*~Tree~* wrote:

EDIT:  I tried to find that article and found this (not the one I saw)http://www.eclectablog.com/2013/09/debunking-the-republican-lie-that-health-insurance-costs-have-skyrocketed-under-obama.html

Went back and tried to find the article with no luck...The exemptions that were granted will also be coming due to those businesses and small businesses... Which will or could force those businesses to cut employees...cut hours and make more part-time non-benefit positions which certainly will not help the work force...

That makes sense, MW. Companies heretofore not required to pay for insurance struggling to pay will look to cut workforce costs. But that is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. You can't be profitable without sufficient employees.

Damned if you do; damned if you don't.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

US wages.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: US wages....    US wages.... EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 8:01 am

mediawatcher wrote:
Eric wrote:

Does this qualify?  They say it is unbiased...

Think the over estimation of younger enrollees didn't help either....Any increase to the healthcare was not as promised...."Not one thin dime more".cowh....

Yeah, but that criticism seems biased to me.  What I read is that rises in healthcare were higher during the Bush administration.

Not blaming Bush for anything, just saying that we're not seeing rises in the increases in healthcare costs.   Actually, the rates of increases seem to be slowing.

Edit: look at the chart on that electablog link I posted.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

US wages.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: US wages....    US wages.... EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 8:10 am

Of course, my post was based upon what I saw on the interweb, lol.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

US wages.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: US wages....    US wages.... EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 8:25 am

Eric wrote:
Of course, my post was based upon what I saw on the interweb, lol.

Couldn't agree more....there needed to be healthcare reform. The problem was/is that this was rammed through and mandated rather than openly debated/discussed and done correctly from the beginning...To me there is NO difference between the healthcare companies ripping people off or the government doing the same...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

US wages.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: US wages....    US wages.... EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 8:30 am

Agree, man. It sucks that we don't have a choice in the matter.

And the way it was done, with no Republican "yea" votes, too.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

US wages.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: US wages....    US wages.... EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 8:39 am

Eric wrote:
Agree, man.  It sucks that we don't have a choice in the matter.

And the way it was done, with no Republican "yea" votes, too.

Which leads to a lot of the criticism and biased allegations because it was done by an individual that promised "the most transparent administration in American History".....And followed by politicians making statements about passing the legislation then we'll see what's inside.... What's possibly more worrisome is that including the Republicans may not added a positive to the mess either...
Back to top Go down

US wages.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: US wages....    US wages.... EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 11:47 am

Healthcare is in a mess. People who work in it know this especially management

Sure cost were lowered you couldn't cut billions from Medicare re imbursments and not expect to see that

Health care is being eaten alive right now also from the newly empowered insurances

Staff has been cut to prn all over the place

I have a lot of gripes about this but not now

Looking from the outside in never gives a full picture

I'm inside
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

US wages.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: US wages....    US wages.... Empty

Back to top Go down

US wages....
Page 1 of 1