Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:57 am

nochain wrote:
In 2011, President Obama pronounced Iraq "self-reliant and democratic" and "a country in which people from different religious sects and ethnicities can resolve their differences peacefully through the democratic process."

In 2010, Vice President Joe Biden called Iraq "one of the great achievements of this administration."

Obama ignored pleas by top generals who advised against pulling out without leaving a residual force.

Then there is this little conveniently forgotten tidbit during the last campaign that illustrates Oblamer wasn't willing to continue discussions about a SOFA, he just wanted a quick political "win".

During the third 2012 presidential debate with Mitt Romney:

Romney: With regards to Iraq, you and I agreed, I believe, that there should have been a status-of-forces agreement. Did you--

Obama: That's not true.

Romney: Oh, you didn't--you didn't want a status of forces agreement?

Obama: No, but what I--what I would not have done is left 10,000 troops in Iraq that would tie us down. That certainly would not help us in the Middle East.

Thanks for posting that exchange in the debate...There's a little bit of revisionist history being attempted in order to once again take the cowh from ever being responsible or accountable....Just consider for a moment that those troops may have prevented ISIS from even gaining a foothold in Iraq...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:27 am

One mire thing about soft wars

I'm tired of soft fuzzy liberal wars

More people die and the liberals are feeding the MIC
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:15 am

Soft wars kill our troops.
Back to top Go down
nochain

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:38 am

salinsky wrote:
See, I'm presenting facts in a timeline and you're countering with conjecture.

Spin away.

I presented a hard fact straight from Oblamers pie hole. You choose to ignore it.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:42 am

nochain wrote:
salinsky wrote:
See, I'm presenting facts in a timeline and you're countering with conjecture.

Spin away.

I presented a hard fact straight from Oblamers pie hole. You choose to ignore it.

Musta been another teleprompter malfunction...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:05 am

If pulling all the troops out of Iraq was such a political homerun for Obama, why did he pretend to try and negotiate a SOFA?

Why didn't he just say, "Screw that, we're bringing 'em home."?

The problem with your conjecture is that it lacks all logic.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:37 am

salinsky wrote:
If pulling all the troops out of Iraq was such a political homerun for Obama, why did he pretend to try and negotiate a SOFA?

I'm not following your comment. It doesn't match what was said in the debate.

nochain wrote:
In 2011, President Obama pronounced Iraq "self-reliant and democratic" and "a country in which people from different religious sects and ethnicities can resolve their differences peacefully through the democratic process."

In 2010, Vice President Joe Biden called Iraq "one of the great achievements of this administration."

Obama ignored pleas by top generals who advised against pulling out without leaving a residual force.

Then there is this little conveniently forgotten tidbit during the last campaign that illustrates Oblamer wasn't willing to continue discussions about a SOFA, he just wanted a quick political "win".

Romney: With regards to Iraq, you and I agreed, I believe, that there should have been a status-of-forces agreement. Did you--

Obama: No, but what I--what I would not have done is left 10,000 troops in Iraq that would tie us down. That certainly would not help us in the Middle East.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:45 am

Joanimaroni wrote:
salinsky wrote:

I'm not following your comment.  It doesn't match what was said in the debate.

nochain wrote:

Shouldn't it be a little difficult to debate when it's the individual's own words in a debate?... He's admitting that it wasn't the SOFA Agreement but rather leaving '10,000 troops in Iraq that would tie us down'...
Back to top Go down
nochain

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:32 am

Oblamers withdrawal was a political act for PERSONAL political reasons. Some folks just can't or won't read the fine print.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:43 am

nochain wrote:
Oblamers withdrawal was a political act for PERSONAL political reasons. Some folks just can't or won't read the fine print.

See.

There it is again.

If it was political reasons, why did he pretend to negotiate an extension.

Doesn't make a bit of sense.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:59 am

Did he pretend to negotiate.....according to the debate he didn't intend to do that.

Back to top Go down
nochain

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:00 pm

salinsky wrote:
nochain wrote:

See.

There it is again.

If it was political reasons, why did he pretend to negotiate an extension.

Doesn't make a bit of sense.

No it doesn't but then not much of what he does makes sense. The pretender was just going through the motions at nailing a SOFA, he really had no intention of doing so - based on his own words that you still choose to ignore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:28 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
Did he pretend to negotiate.....according to the debate he didn't intend to do that.

They negotiated for nearly a year.

Even al-Maliki has admitted publicly that the breakdown in the negotiations was over immunity.

Even Mitt Romney said that the President tried and failed to secure a new agreement.

I don't know what the President was trying to say in that debate, but the issue was the number of troops - Obama wanted to leave behind 3,000 - 5,000 and Romney thought the number should be 10,000 - 30,000.

There's no bone of contention to this point, except perhaps to people who gather all their information from talk radio.
Back to top Go down
nochain

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:36 pm

salinsky wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Even al-Maliki has admitted publicly that the breakdown in the negotiations was over immunity.

Even Mitt Romney said that the President tried and failed to secure a new agreement.

I don't know what the President was trying to say in that debate, but the issue was the number of troops - Obama wanted to leave behind 3,000 - 5,000 and Romney thought the number should be 10,000 - 30,000.

There's no bone of contention to this point, except perhaps to people who gather all their information from talk radio.

I don't listen to talk radio, do you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:38 pm

nochain wrote:
salinsky wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

That's surprising.

Then how do you become so misinformed?

Or, are you just lying?
Back to top Go down
nochain

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:50 pm

salinsky wrote:
nochain wrote:
salinsky wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

That's surprising.

Then how do you become so misinformed?

Or, are you just lying?

Misinformed? About what?

I don't need to lie - don't go there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:55 pm

Looks like the sofa agreement had nothing to do with ir

Troops leaving according to obamas own words

Sal, you calling Obama a liar?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:57 pm

nochain wrote:

Misinformed? About what?

Ho ...

... ly ...

... shit.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:59 pm

*~Tree~* wrote:

Ummmm ....

... the SOFA is precisely why all the troops were pulled out.

And, no ....

... I'm not calling the President a liar.

Ignorance is curable.

Willful ignorance is a sin.
Back to top Go down
nochain

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:11 pm

salinsky wrote:
*~Tree~* wrote:

Ummmm ....

And, no ....

Ignorance is curable.

Then I suggest you go somewhere special and say a prayer for yourself.

Here's 4 pages of Oblamer lies so I will call him out as a liar. I have no problem calling a fact a fact.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/statements/byruling/false/?page=1
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:06 am

nochain wrote:
salinsky wrote:
*~Tree~* wrote:

Ummmm ....

And, no ....

Ignorance is curable.

Then I suggest you go somewhere special and say a prayer for yourself.

Here's 4 pages of Oblamer lies so I will call him out as a liar. I have no problem calling a fact a fact.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/statements/byruling/false/?page=1

See....even quoting the cowh can lead to confusion...There are times when there can be discussions but when it's his own words...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   

Back to top Go down

Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Politics-
Jump to: