Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:35 am

It's almost too hard to believe except this is the kind of behavior we have come to expect from the spineless Oblamer.

"Obama adjusts Iraq narrative, now blames Bush for troop withdrawal"

By Ben Wolfgang - The Washington Times - Monday, August 11, 2014

The president who spent years touting the withdrawal of all U.S. forces from Iraq suddenly has had to distance himself from that action.

At the White House on Saturday morning — less than 48 hours after authorizing airstrikes against Islamist militants and humanitarian air drops to save the lives of trapped Iraqi civilians — President Obama blamed his predecessor, George W. Bush, for the absence of American troops in Iraq and rejected the assertion that he could have left a small peacekeeping force in the war-torn nation.


Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/11/obama-adjusts-iraq-narrative-now-blames-george-w-b/#ixzz3ABSN14D5

Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:41 am

nochain wrote:
It's almost too hard to believe except this is the kind of behavior we have come to expect from the spineless Oblamer.

"Obama adjusts Iraq narrative, now blames Bush for troop withdrawal"

By Ben Wolfgang - The Washington Times - Monday, August 11, 2014

The president who spent years touting the withdrawal of all U.S. forces from Iraq suddenly has had to distance himself from that action.

At the White House on Saturday morning — less than 48 hours after authorizing airstrikes against Islamist militants and humanitarian air drops to save the lives of trapped Iraqi civilians — President Obama blamed his predecessor, George W. Bush, for the absence of American troops in Iraq and rejected the assertion that he could have left a small peacekeeping force in the war-torn nation.


Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/11/obama-adjusts-iraq-narrative-now-blames-george-w-b/#ixzz3ABSN14D5


    Wasn't it several members of the Bush Administration from VP Cheney and others that criticized the decision to withdraw from Iraq?... Like him or not...Former President Bush HAS NOT commented and/or criticized the cowh and his governing abilities/inabilities...The closest he's commented is saying that..."It's a tough job and decisions have to be made with the information available at the time".... He [Bush] could be like other former presidents and be on the front page criticizing every move or non-move but he hasn't...President Bush has some CLASS as opposed to the cowh that has to assign blame rather than accept responsibility...accountability or to be a leader....CLASSLESS!...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:53 am

Your headline to this thread is outrageously false, and the article from the fish wrap you linked completely mischaracterizes what the President said.

He placed the blame on Al-Maliki for his failure to agree to a SOFA which granted our residual troop force legal immunity from prosecution in Iraqi courts.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:02 am

salinsky wrote:
Your headline to this thread is outrageously false, and the article from the fish wrap you linked completely mischaracterizes what the President said.

He placed the blame on Al-Maliki for his failure to agree to a SOFA which granted our residual troop force legal immunity from prosecution in Iraqi courts.

The Washington Times is a 'fish wrap'?... If memory serves correct it was the cowh that walked away from signing any SOFA with Iraq although don't want to defend Al-Maliki for his share in the failure...

Why would it be a mischaracterization for the cowh to blame the former president?...Is there anything that this administration has done that they are responsible/accountable for?....
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:22 am

Of course, the Washington Times is a fish wrap.

Simple questions for you, MW ....

.... Would you support the President if he signed a SOFA with Iraq that did not grant legal immunity to our troops from prosecution in Iraqi courts?

Or, when the first service personnel was hauled before an Iraqi court on some medieval charge, would you decry the President as a classless traitor with no accountability as a leader?
Back to top Go down
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:44 am

In 2011, President Obama pronounced Iraq "self-reliant and democratic" and "a country in which people from different religious sects and ethnicities can resolve their differences peacefully through the democratic process."

In 2010, Vice President Joe Biden called Iraq "one of the great achievements of this administration."

Obama ignored pleas by top generals who advised against pulling out without leaving a residual force.

Then there is this little conveniently forgotten tidbit during the last campaign that illustrates Oblamer wasn't willing to continue discussions about a SOFA, he just wanted a quick political "win".

During the third 2012 presidential debate with Mitt Romney:

Romney: With regards to Iraq, you and I agreed, I believe, that there should have been a status-of-forces agreement. Did you--

Obama: That's not true.

Romney: Oh, you didn't--you didn't want a status of forces agreement?

Obama: No, but what I--what I would not have done is left 10,000 troops in Iraq that would tie us down. That certainly would not help us in the Middle East.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

avatar

Posts : 1156
Join date : 2012-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:49 am

Sal......that is where foreign negotiations is necessary and essential. But Obama already touted during his campaign he would with draw all troops. His boasting was done without the benefit of military advisers and officials. While president he went against military, government officials, and Iraqi leaders.....he with drew. Now it is Bush's fault.

If a community objects initially to changes a community organizer runs.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:15 pm

salinsky wrote:


.... Would you support the President if he signed a SOFA with Iraq that did not grant legal immunity to our troops from prosecution in Iraqi courts?

Or, when the first service personnel was hauled before an Iraqi court on some medieval charge, would you decry the President as a classless traitor with no accountability as a leader?

I guess those questions are too complicated.

Y'all like to spin this pretty hard, but the fact is that the failure to get a new SOFA was the result of internal politics in Iraq, not the U.S.

Shi’ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr put enormous pressure on al-Maliki to get all U.S. troops out, so he made the U.S. an offer he knew we could not and would not accept.

There was nothing left to negotiate at that point.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

avatar

Posts : 1156
Join date : 2012-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:30 pm

ne·go·ti·a·tion

noun
discussion aimed at reaching an agreement.
"a worldwide ban is currently under negotiation"
synonyms: discussion(s), talks, deliberations; More
arrangement, brokering;
settlement, conclusion, completion, transaction
the action or process of negotiating.
"negotiation of the deals"




It doesn't mean oh darn......never mind.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:41 pm

The protection of our troops from foreign prosecution is not open to negotiation.

Why don't conservatives support our troops?
Back to top Go down
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:59 pm

salinsky wrote:
The protection of our troops from foreign prosecution is not open to negotiation.

Why don't conservatives support our troops?

At any other time it's progressive or liberals or left wingers - whatever the current name is - who accuse conservatives of bias toward the military.

You can't have it both ways.

In any case the thread is about Oblamer and his latest blame game.

The obstacles to obtaining a workable SOFA were not insurmountable, fact is Oblamer didn't want one. That much is obvious if you do a little objective research on why there wasn't an agreement. He needed an excuse to get out and used that.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:20 pm

nochain wrote:


At any other time it's progressive or liberals or left wingers - whatever the current name is - who accuse conservatives of bias toward the military.

You can't have it both ways.

In any case the thread is about Oblamer and his latest blame game.

The obstacles to obtaining a workable SOFA were not insurmountable, fact is Oblamer didn't want one. That much is obvious if you do a little objective research on why there wasn't an agreement. He needed an excuse to get out and used that.

You can spin it all you want, but the facts remain cut and dry ...

1) In December 2008, Bush signed a SOFA requiring all U.S. troops out by 01/01/2012

2) The Obama administration tried to get an extension to allow a residual force of 3,000 troops to stay in country

3) al-Maliki refused to grant U.S. forces immunity from Iraqi prosecution as part of the agreement

4) Protection for U.S. troops from foreign prosecution in non-negotiable

5) Obama had no choice but to adhere to the SOFA Bush signed in 2008

Which leaves us with only one remaining question ....

Why would conservatives wish to leave U.S. troops exposed and vulnerable?
Back to top Go down
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:00 pm

salinsky wrote:
nochain wrote:


At any other time it's progressive or liberals or left wingers - whatever the current name is - who accuse conservatives of bias toward the military.

You can't have it both ways.

In any case the thread is about Oblamer and his latest blame game.

The obstacles to obtaining a workable SOFA were not insurmountable, fact is Oblamer didn't want one. That much is obvious if you do a little objective research on why there wasn't an agreement. He needed an excuse to get out and used that.

You can spin it all you want, but the facts remain cut and dry ...



Which leaves us with only one remaining question ....

Why would conservatives wish to leave U.S. troops exposed and vulnerable?

No spin, just facts. What "conservatives" wanted to leave troops with no SOFA? Why didn't BHO work a little harder at overcoming Iraq obstacles? He wanted out, that's why. He wanted out so he could tootle and preen on the campaign trail about how he ended the war. The SOFA was an "obstacle" to him for political reasons, his personal political reasons.

Read the post about the debate again, he said he didn't want one. Fact, not spin.

Now he wants to dodge the blame. Again.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:17 pm

See, I'm presenting facts in a timeline and you're countering with conjecture.

Spin away.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

avatar

Posts : 1156
Join date : 2012-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:55 pm

salinsky wrote:
The protection of our troops from foreign prosecution is not open to negotiation.

Why don't conservatives support our troops?

Yes it is open to negotiations. Bush negotiated with a time line....Obama did not negotiate an extension.


Successful negotiations to protect our troops and leave and active military presence would have prevented the problems we are currently facing.

Remember we still have thousands of military and civilian personnel in Iraq.
Back to top Go down
Eric

avatar

Posts : 9735
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 67
Location : Hoover, AL & Pensacola when I'm lucky

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:05 pm

Y'all mean that America would open up negotiations that might allow as an example, the beheading of an American serviceman for having premarital sex?

Help me out here.

I don't think we would agree to this... or even allow this to be on the negotiation table.

_________________
Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:11 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
salinsky wrote:
The protection of our troops from foreign prosecution is not open to negotiation.

Why don't conservatives support our troops?

Yes it is open to negotiations. Bush negotiated with a time line....Obama did not negotiate an extension.


Successful negotiations to protect our troops and leave and active military presence would have prevented the problems we are currently facing.

Remember we still have thousands of military and civilian personnel in Iraq.

More conjecture.

No thanks, I'll stick with the facts.


Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

avatar

Posts : 1156
Join date : 2012-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:12 pm

No Eric, negotiating and extension of SOFA so some active troops remain in Iraq.

It is essential to protect our Embassy and remaining military personnel that are still in Iraq. Obama did not use his foreign prowess to obtain a solution for military presence. His goal was stated in his campaign.....he ended the war.

Unfortunately, shit is now hitting the fan.
Back to top Go down
Eric

avatar

Posts : 9735
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 67
Location : Hoover, AL & Pensacola when I'm lucky

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:18 pm

Yeppers!

_________________
Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:20 pm

That shit doesn't even make sense.

He couldn't say the war was over if we had a SOFA in place to allow a residual force to stay behind??

We do that all of the time.

I guess the Korean War and WWII aren't really over??

C'mon, you're gonna have to do better than that.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:38 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
No Eric, negotiating and extension of SOFA so some active troops remain in Iraq.

It is essential to protect our Embassy and remaining military personnel that are still in Iraq. Obama did not use his foreign prowess to obtain a solution for military presence.  His goal was stated in his campaign.....he ended the war.

Unfortunately, shit is now hitting the fan.

Are you saying that SOFA was needed to protect our embassy personnel there? and we have not had it all this time with embassy personnel being there?
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

avatar

Posts : 1156
Join date : 2012-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:45 pm

No the SOFA would protect active combat ready military units in Iraq. Meaning they could engage the  enemy with out retribution from Iraq courts.

The limited military there are listed as trainers for the Iraqi military and to guard our Embassy.

Sal, do I have that stated correctly?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:48 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
No the SOFA would protect active combat ready military units in Iraq. Meaning they could engage the  enemy with out retribution from Iraq courts.

The limited military there are listed as trainers for the Iraqi military and to guard our Embassy.

Sal, do I have that stated correctly?

Well I just have the biggest question of all.............................

When in the hell did we have to have a agreement to protect us from legal retribution when we are going after the ENEMY? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

All this BS, no one will ever win a war again playing by all these stupid assed rules.

Like I said years ago, should have just sent in social workers with checks. It would have been cheaper and the left would have had more voters.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

avatar

Posts : 1156
Join date : 2012-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:53 pm

I disagree with soft wars and ROE. War is war.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:28 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
I disagree with soft wars and ROE. War is war.

I agree Joanie

I think soft wars kill more people in the ling run and make situations worse in the long run such as with this one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS   

Back to top Go down
 
Oblamer is now blaming Bush for ISIS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Politics-
Jump to: