Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Florida cops capture large cat-eating python

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Florida cops capture large cat-eating python Empty
PostSubject: Florida cops capture large cat-eating python   Florida cops capture large cat-eating python EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 9:53 am

Florida cops capture large cat-eating python Pythonsnake3

Florida cops are reporting the capture of a large snake who neighbors suspect was feasting on their cherished feline pets.

Port St. Lucie police officers nabbed the 12-foot, 120-pound Burmese python Friday after responding to reports of an extremely large snake on a block with homes. Police said the python killed one neighborhood cat and may be responsible for the recent disappearance of several others.

WPEC-TV in West Palm Beach said Sgt. John Holman found a dead cat and then found the snake hidden in waist-high brush. Other officers responded to help him remove the snake.

Florida banned Burmese pythons in 2012. Police said the captured python belonged to an owner who had a license to keep it.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/09/florida-cops-capture-large-cat-eating-python/?intcmp=trending

What a Face 

All this time I thought it was coyotes. It could be a large snake here too.  Crying or Very sad We have a problem here where I live with disappearing cats.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Florida cops capture large cat-eating python   Florida cops capture large cat-eating python EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 10:12 am

I woulda figured that cats would be too fast for that snake. I know snakes are fast, but big ones are probably slower, doncha think?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: Florida cops capture large cat-eating python   Florida cops capture large cat-eating python EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 10:27 am

Good point. That makes it even creepier
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Florida cops capture large cat-eating python   Florida cops capture large cat-eating python EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 11:30 am

Is the snake dead?
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Florida cops capture large cat-eating python   Florida cops capture large cat-eating python EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 11:42 am

No, that snake is very much alive. Dead snakes are limp.

To your point Joani, I would not be caught dead holding that snake... not a snake that eats whole, live puddy tats. Gopher snake, sure. Dead rattler, you bet. Live 12-foot, 120-pound Burmese python? No, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Florida cops capture large cat-eating python   Florida cops capture large cat-eating python EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 9:23 pm

No kidding. All snakes to me are deadly.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Florida cops capture large cat-eating python   Florida cops capture large cat-eating python EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 7:54 am

I think they ought to be ashamed. A snake eating cats is doing a public service!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Florida cops capture large cat-eating python   Florida cops capture large cat-eating python EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 7:59 am

It's gonna take a big BBQ pit to cook that thing!
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Florida cops capture large cat-eating python   Florida cops capture large cat-eating python EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 9:39 am

nochain wrote:
I think they ought to be ashamed. A snake eating cats is doing a public service!

:-O Nochain!

cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat 

Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Florida cops capture large cat-eating python   Florida cops capture large cat-eating python EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 11:51 am

Florida cops capture large cat-eating python X4fEE6N
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Florida cops capture large cat-eating python   Florida cops capture large cat-eating python EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 12:23 pm

Hey snakes are slow moving protein packages...and they taste like chicken ! Much easier to catch a snake than a rabbit. The best way to kill any snake is with a flexible finger thick branch that you whip down across the back of their neck...Their bones and spine are rather fragile and break rather easily....Then start at the butt hole and carefully slice open removing the guts then cut around the boney tail where there is little meat and strip off the skin in a firm steady motion...roast over an open fire and consume ....be careful with bones although it's not as bad as fish...only do this in a survival situation cause who wants to eat a nasty old snake....
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Florida cops capture large cat-eating python   Florida cops capture large cat-eating python EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 3:45 pm

I've eaten Mojave Green and regular rattlesnakes. My dad used to love giving it to us when we were kids then ask us how we liked it. As soon as we said it was super tasty BBQ-ed chicken he would inform us that it was not chicken. <--- Insert high-pitched squealing from the girls and Billy Badass grunts from the boys here. My dad does not eat chicken, so I'm not super sure why we never caught on to this joke. Stupid kids, lol.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Florida cops capture large cat-eating python   Florida cops capture large cat-eating python EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 4:33 pm

riceme wrote:
I've eaten Mojave Green and regular rattlesnakes. My dad used to love giving it to us when we were kids then ask us how we liked it. As soon as we said it was super tasty BBQ-ed chicken he would inform us that it was not chicken. <--- Insert high-pitched squealing from the girls and Billy Badass grunts from the boys here. My dad does not eat chicken, so I'm not super sure why we never caught on to this joke. Stupid kids, lol.

LOL great story..dads are so cool sometimes...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida cops capture large cat-eating python   Florida cops capture large cat-eating python EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 6:17 pm

riceme wrote:

My parents did that to me with deer meat. I cried when I found out. They laughed. I now eat it happily.

I have never eaten snake. I have had the chance, it creeped me out seeing it curled up in the pot.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Florida cops capture large cat-eating python   Florida cops capture large cat-eating python EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 9:14 pm

*~Tree~* wrote:
riceme wrote:

My parents did that to me with deer meat. I cried when I found out. They laughed. I now eat it happily.

I have never eaten snake. I have had the chance, it creeped me out seeing it curled up in the pot.

LOL, deer meat is super tasty but very distinct... doesn't taste like anything else, so here's another example of 'why didn't the kids catch on?' haha

Snake is pretty good but there are other things I'd prefer to eat first, like moose or salmon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Florida cops capture large cat-eating python   Florida cops capture large cat-eating python Empty

Back to top Go down

Florida cops capture large cat-eating python
Page 1 of 1