Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !... Empty
PostSubject: Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !...   Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !... EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 5:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !...   Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !... EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 5:53 pm

I was waiting for Rick Astley.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !...   Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !... EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 5:59 pm

oh good lord. that's damn scary. I would have shot it.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !...   Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !... EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 6:07 pm

Saw one big round as my arm yesterday but didn't get to the camera in time...I never harm snakes that don't pose a threat to me in some way...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !...   Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !... EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 6:14 pm

I kill all poisonous snakes.

I usually chop their heads off with a shovel Or machetti
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !...   Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !... EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 12:04 pm

*~Tree~* wrote:

Stick to the flat-head shovel and stay away from the machete, which will put you within striking distance of the snake. Don't want you to get bit, little girl Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !...   Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !... EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:16 pm

riceme wrote:
*~Tree~* wrote:

Stick to the flat-head shovel and stay away from the machete, which will put you within striking distance of the snake. Don't want you to get bit, little girl Wink

LOL You know after relooking at that. I might run...

I think Id prefer a gun for that one.

Is that a copper head?
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !...   Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !... EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:21 pm

*~Tree~* wrote:
riceme wrote:
*~Tree~* wrote:

LOL You know after relooking at that. I might run...

I think Id prefer a gun for that one.

Is that a copper head?

It kind of looks like it, but I am not very good with you all's snakes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !...   Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !... EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:38 pm

My first job ever in life almost 35 years ago was as a clerk for streets and highways division. They brought in snakes and spiders to show all which ones were poisonous and not as a siminar.

I was just a teenager and I really don't remember all that was showed. But I do recall the head and eye shape us the give away

That snake is deadly IMHO
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !...   Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !... EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:56 pm

Is that like the Dept of Transportation??

When I was stuck at home in Milton with a very broken tibia and patella, my house was surrounded by cottonmouths. They'd come up from the retainment pond out back. It scared the living shit out of me because they were actually striking at the doors and windows. I actually called my ex-husband and made him come kill them.

He said, "Rice, what the hell is wrong with you, girl?? You're not afraid of snakes!"

I said, "Dude, I am not afraid of OUR snakes in the desert and the mountains... I AM afraid of these g.d. southern swamp snakes! Now get your ass over here, and don't forget the shovel! These assholes won't let you into the garage!"

He did actually come and kill them all. I did not want to know how many there were, but it was a lot. Yuk. It still gives me the willies.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !...   Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !... EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 5:01 pm

That's an eastern diamond back rattle snake. They are common out at FEMA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !...   Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !... EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 5:32 pm

riceme wrote:
Is that like the Dept of Transportation??

When I was stuck at home in Milton with a very broken tibia and patella, my house was surrounded by cottonmouths. They'd come up from the retainment pond out back. It scared the living shit out of me because they were actually striking at the doors and windows. I actually called my ex-husband and made him come kill them.

He said, "Rice, what the hell is wrong with you, girl?? You're not afraid of snakes!"

I said, "Dude, I am not afraid of OUR snakes in the desert and the mountains... I AM afraid of these g.d. southern swamp snakes! Now get your ass over here, and don't forget the shovel! These assholes won't let you into the garage!"

He did actually come and kill them all. I did not want to know how many there were, but it was a lot. Yuk. It still gives me the willies.

OMG! The worse situation I ever seen with a cotton mouth was camping. A REALLY BIG one came out while we were sitting around the camp fire. It was like 6 ft long and at least 3-4 inches wide. We didn't have a gun and all my friend had was a 4 ft long truck screw driver. Right when it actually snapped at her she swung and whacked it bad ten beat the shit out of it.

I don't like snakes. But I must say I have learned to let the black snakes live, I understand they are good.

and yes, dept of trans, they not only designed the roads but also went out and repaired them etc. I have some interesting stories about my time there, they are not for here though LOL

Teo, hope you ran over that snake. He seemed to be chasing you.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !...   Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !... EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 5:57 pm

*~Tree~* wrote:
OMG! The worse situation I ever seen with a cotton mouth was camping. A REALLY BIG one came out while we were sitting around the camp fire. It was like 6 ft long and at least 3-4 inches wide. We didn't have a gun and all my friend had was a 4 ft long truck screw driver. Right when it actually snapped at her she swung and whacked it bad ten beat the shit out of it.

I don't like snakes. But I must say I have learned to let the black snakes live, I understand they are good.

and yes, dept of trans, they not only designed the roads but also went out and repaired them etc. I have some interesting stories about my time there, they are not for here though LOL

Teo, hope you ran over that snake. He seemed to be chasing you.

I almost stepped on a curled-up well-fed cottonmouth in the reeds near a bayou.  I didn't hang around to measure his circumference, but I swear that he was as big around as my arm.

Talking about black snakes... I was about 6 and saw a 3-4 foot long black snake and I went up to it and picked it up.  It turned around and bit the ever-loving shit outta me!
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !...   Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !... EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 5:59 pm

Eric wrote:

Talking about black snakes... I was about 6 and saw a 3-4 foot long black snake and I went up to it and picked it up.  It turned around and bit the ever-loving shit outta me!

lol, that'll teach you! Well, you lived to tell us about it, so apparently it wasn't poisonous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !...   Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !... EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Black racers have some pretty nasty fangs, but they're not poisonous.

And yeah, they're good to have around because they take care of a lot of pests.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !...   Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !... EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 7:02 pm

salinsky wrote:
Black racers have some pretty nasty fangs, but they're not poisonous.

And yeah, they're good to have around because they take care of a lot of pests.

Ah dammit sal. Just when I thought I had a snake I wasn't that scared of. Now Im scared. And I have had two of those come into my garage and one come into my pool area.  Crying or Very sad 

I admit it. Im not that tuff. I'm gonna break out into the I don't like spiders and snakes song LMAO!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !...   Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey a Washigton politician flagged me down !...
Page 1 of 1