Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Republicans in Congress refuse to consider funding to fight wildfires in our country

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Republicans in Congress refuse to consider funding to fight wildfires in our country   Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:49 pm

http://www.alternet.org/environment/congress-lets-western-states-burn-fails-find-funding-combat-wildfires


I guess all that THINKING that went into their not figuring out a way to keep a few kids from crossing the Mexican border must have fried their brains. They just didn't much care about all those "liberal" states catching fire and having no money to fight back.

So they went on vacation without approving the money needed to fight these fires.

Congratulations guys, you are sticking to your promise to deny everything Obama wants, even if it's just to keep a few of our western states from burning to a crisp.
Back to top Go down
Eric

avatar

Posts : 9735
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 67
Location : Hoover, AL & Pensacola when I'm lucky

PostSubject: Re: Republicans in Congress refuse to consider funding to fight wildfires in our country   Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:58 pm

Well, Otter, you done it now.

Those in Congress are really tired of bickering and doing nothing and deserve a 5-week vacation. After all, they earn $174,000 on up and just HAVE to have time to spend their booty... and I suspect that their pockets are lined with cash and they have industry-funded junkets to go to.

_________________
Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Republicans in Congress refuse to consider funding to fight wildfires in our country   Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:36 pm

Eric wrote:
Well, Otter, you done it now.

Those in Congress are really tired of bickering and doing nothing and deserve a 5-week vacation.  After all, they earn $174,000 on up and just HAVE to have time to spend their booty... and I suspect that their pockets are lined with cash and they have industry-funded junkets to go to.
I know, Kind of sickening, ain't it? Maybe that's why their approval rating is so high.
Back to top Go down
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Republicans in Congress refuse to consider funding to fight wildfires in our country   Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:07 am

Guest wrote:
http://www.alternet.org/environment/congress-lets-western-states-burn-fails-find-funding-combat-wildfires


I guess all that THINKING that went into their not figuring out a way to keep a few kids from crossing the Mexican border must have fried their brains. They just didn't much care about all those "liberal" states catching fire and having no money to fight back.

So they went on vacation without approving the money needed to fight these fires.

Congratulations guys, you are sticking to your promise to deny everything Obama wants, even if it's just to keep a few of our western states from burning to a crisp.

Isn't your thread title a bit misleading? Shouldn't it just read "Congress"? There are Dem's there too you know, what have they done? Same thing as the Rep's, absolutely nothing.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Republicans in Congress refuse to consider funding to fight wildfires in our country   Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:30 am

nochain wrote:
Guest wrote:
http://www.alternet.org/environment/congress-lets-western-states-burn-fails-find-funding-combat-wildfires


I guess all that THINKING that went into their not figuring out a way to keep a few kids from crossing the Mexican border must have fried their brains. They just didn't much care about all those "liberal" states catching fire and having no money to fight back.

So they went on vacation without approving the money needed to fight these fires.

Congratulations guys, you are sticking to your promise to deny everything Obama wants, even if it's just to keep a few of our western states from burning to a crisp.

Isn't your thread title a bit misleading? Shouldn't it just read "Congress"? There are Dem's there too you know, what have they done? Same thing as the Rep's, absolutely nothing.

You're kidding right?.... Blame the democrats...that's an impossibility for some....
Back to top Go down
Eric

avatar

Posts : 9735
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 67
Location : Hoover, AL & Pensacola when I'm lucky

PostSubject: Re: Republicans in Congress refuse to consider funding to fight wildfires in our country   Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:50 am

Good points.

There is plenty of partisan blame to go around. And on BOTH sides of the fence.

Throwing the bums out just seems to be a futile effort, "reloading" if you will, instead of making a change.

_________________
Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Republicans in Congress refuse to consider funding to fight wildfires in our country   Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:57 am

Eric wrote:
Good points.

There is plenty of partisan blame to go around.  And on BOTH sides of the fence.

Throwing the bums out just seems to be a futile effort, "reloading" if you will, instead of making a change.

There have already been a couple of republicans bounced out... Cantor was very powerful but there needed to be a change and hopefully there will be MORE on both sides....
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

avatar

Posts : 1156
Join date : 2012-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Republicans in Congress refuse to consider funding to fight wildfires in our country   Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:33 am

Please....hold off until after their well deserved summer vacation.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Republicans in Congress refuse to consider funding to fight wildfires in our country   Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:36 am

Joanimaroni wrote:
Please....hold off until after their well deserved summer vacation.

That's why they are at 13% approval...With numbers that low neither side should be patting themselves on the back and/or pointing fingers...
Back to top Go down
riceme

avatar

Posts : 3098
Join date : 2012-12-02
Age : 45
Location : Fox, Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Republicans in Congress refuse to consider funding to fight wildfires in our country   Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:57 am

With California in a 100-year megadrought, this has very real life-threatening implications.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Republicans in Congress refuse to consider funding to fight wildfires in our country   

Back to top Go down
 
Republicans in Congress refuse to consider funding to fight wildfires in our country
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Politics-
Jump to: