Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Why is Rick Scott trying so hard to keep medical marijuana off the ballot?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eric

avatar

Posts : 9735
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 67
Location : Hoover, AL & Pensacola when I'm lucky

PostSubject: Re: Why is Rick Scott trying so hard to keep medical marijuana off the ballot?   Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:56 pm

*~Tree~* wrote:
Eric wrote:
The ballot initiative was probably done because politicians are too concerned with staying in office than serving the wishes of their constituents, ergo, never pass a bill allowing the use of MJ that can get people high.

If an employer wants to dictate a "no MJ" policy, they can do it.  Even if the employee does it on his or her own time and not at work.  Just like they do with no-tobacco rules.  Test positive for nicotine or MJ, you're outta here.

How can you say that wen he passed a LAW legalizing pot for medical purposes on his own? Is it just because its not good enough to get people high?

The liberal law firm morgan and morgan made suit to make sure it was on the ballot.  And f a little truth b known to it, it is probably to lure more young drugged up hippies to the voting booth.

so proud

I guess I wasn't clear. Employers can do whatever they want. It may be legal to smoke cigarettes, but if you want to work for Gulf Power, for instance, they test you and if nicotine is in your system, you're history.

Similarly, it may be legal to take the denatured pot called Charlotte's Web, but I can assure you that, if it turns up on a drug test at a place that doesn't allow cannabis of any kind, you can be terminated.

_________________
Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Why is Rick Scott trying so hard to keep medical marijuana off the ballot?   Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:52 pm

*~Tree~* wrote:
Eric wrote:
The ballot initiative was probably done because politicians are too concerned with staying in office than serving the wishes of their constituents, ergo, never pass a bill allowing the use of MJ that can get people high.

If an employer wants to dictate a "no MJ" policy, they can do it.  Even if the employee does it on his or her own time and not at work.  Just like they do with no-tobacco rules.  Test positive for nicotine or MJ, you're outta here.

How can you say that wen he passed a LAW legalizing pot for medical purposes on his own? Is it just because its not good enough to get people high?

The liberal law firm morgan and morgan made suit to make sure it was on the ballot.  And f a little truth b known to it, it is probably to lure more young drugged up hippies to the voting booth.

so proud

The law firm didn't put it on the ballot. It had enough signatures of Floridians on the petition to BE on the ballot. If the law firm had anything to do with it it was only made necessary by the fact that the governor did NOT want it on the ballot. Which is what I said originally. He and Pam Bondi were totally against it. Also, the statement that  the people will decide does not mean the governor doesn't disapprove, it just means he knows the state law and can't do anything about it.
Lawfirms cannot put constitutional amendments on any ballot in Florida. That is done by petition from the citizens of the state or by request of the legislature which still must be approved by citizens of the state.  Just like an amendment to the US constitution, it has to be approved by the people themselves.

Yeah, all those drugged up 18 to 64 year old hippies are the ones who will put it over the top.

http://www.people-press.org/2014/04/02/section-2-views-of-marijuana-legalization-decriminalization-concerns/


Hey, if you look at that chart you'll see that you've got the hispanic vote on the governor's side.
I guess this is the one issue he can agree with them on.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Why is Rick Scott trying so hard to keep medical marijuana off the ballot?   Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:45 am

Otter wrote:
*~Tree~* wrote:
Eric wrote:
The ballot initiative was probably done because politicians are too concerned with staying in office than serving the wishes of their constituents, ergo, never pass a bill allowing the use of MJ that can get people high.

If an employer wants to dictate a "no MJ" policy, they can do it.  Even if the employee does it on his or her own time and not at work.  Just like they do with no-tobacco rules.  Test positive for nicotine or MJ, you're outta here.

How can you say that wen he passed a LAW legalizing pot for medical purposes on his own? Is it just because its not good enough to get people high?

The liberal law firm morgan and morgan made suit to make sure it was on the ballot.  And f a little truth b known to it, it is probably to lure more young drugged up hippies to the voting booth.

so proud

The law firm didn't put it on the ballot. It had enough signatures of Floridians on the petition to BE on the ballot. If the law firm had anything to do with it it was only made necessary by the fact that the governor did NOT want it on the ballot. Which is what I said originally. He and Pam Bondi were totally against it. Also, the statement that  the people will decide does not mean the governor doesn't disapprove, it just means he knows the state law and can't do anything about it.
Lawfirms cannot put constitutional amendments on any ballot in Florida. That is done by petition from the citizens of the state or by request of the legislature which still must be approved by citizens of the state.  Just like an amendment to the US constitution, it has to be approved by the people themselves.

Yeah, all those drugged up 18 to 64 year old hippies are the ones who will put it over the top.

http://www.people-press.org/2014/04/02/section-2-views-of-marijuana-legalization-decriminalization-concerns/


Hey, if you look at that chart you'll see that you've got the hispanic vote on the governor's side.  
I guess this is the one issue he can agree with them on.

If....if.....if...... What's the problem?....It's on the ballot.... Gov Scott's personal beliefs are just that his personal beliefs and the state will decide... .. Watched a segment on the news that banks are backing away from loaning money for the legalized marijuana because there's some kind of federal laws prohibiting...Spokesman for Bank of America was interviewed and they declined to get involved in backing the producers/growers so it appears that there are going to have to be changes before this becomes a done deal...
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1324
Join date : 2012-07-30
Location : A wild garden

PostSubject: Re: Why is Rick Scott trying so hard to keep medical marijuana off the ballot?   Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:47 pm

Because he's Rick Scott, and he can do what he wants to do.

At least that's what I was told way back in 1996 when a group of which I was a member tried to get a brief interview with him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
TEOTWAWKI

avatar

Posts : 2169
Join date : 2012-07-30
Location : FEMA Region 4

PostSubject: Re: Why is Rick Scott trying so hard to keep medical marijuana off the ballot?   Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:47 am

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Why is Rick Scott trying so hard to keep medical marijuana off the ballot?   Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:15 am

I guess that's what the governor race is really all about. One is in favor of expanding Medicaid, the other is not.

and otter, morgan and morgan did a great job of helping spread the word and advertise the issue.
http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/local/2014/06/30/morgan-supports-amendment-2/11803117/

although after reading this it appears it is a very important goal of George soros tha all of America become stoned.
Back to top Go down
Eric

avatar

Posts : 9735
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 67
Location : Hoover, AL & Pensacola when I'm lucky

PostSubject: Re: Why is Rick Scott trying so hard to keep medical marijuana off the ballot?   Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:21 am

America is the land of the free. Freedom to live as they see fit. If an activity is RELATIVELY harmless, no law should ban that activity, IMO.

No activity is without risks, however, and safeguards must be in place to ensure that one person's activity doesn't infringe upon the safety or lives of other citizens. So, I think it is okay if people enjoy MJ in the privacy of their homes and stay the hell off the roadway. People who don't use MJ shouldn't have to put up with someone lighting up next to them in a public park, for instance.



The ballot initiative is our way of bypassing political do-nothings in Tallahassee. It is great that we have that option available to us.

_________________
Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Why is Rick Scott trying so hard to keep medical marijuana off the ballot?   

Back to top Go down
 
Why is Rick Scott trying so hard to keep medical marijuana off the ballot?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Politics-
Jump to: