Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lethal Injection - Why the furor?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Lethal Injection - Why the furor? Empty
PostSubject: Lethal Injection - Why the furor?   Lethal Injection - Why the furor? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 10:38 am

Yeah, I know the bit about "cruel and unusual punishment", but from reading the descriptions of the latest executions, I suspect that it isn't cruel at all.

Anyone with medical training has probably read the descriptions of the executions and thought, "It's just agonal breathing". I have seen it a couple of times and it preceded death.

Essentially, it is a body's last gasps where a patient opens their mouth very wide and appears to be taking in large quantities of air. Actually, these gasps are not effective. I suspect the gasps seen by witnesses were only agonal breaths... of a dying person.

So, the condemned patient is shot up with vast quantities of euphoria-inducing drugs (hydromorphone) until they are unconscious. The patient essentially succumbs to respiratory depression... where the normal autonomic functions of the body, such as breathing and heart pumping cease.

Cruel and unusual? I personally don't think so. Sure, there are namby-pamby bleeding hearts out there that decry outrage.

I'd rather go that way than hanging, firing squad, and electrocution. You know how a shock can be traumatizing... I'd HATE to be killed by electrocution... man, THAT is cruel in my mind.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Lethal Injection - Why the furor?   Lethal Injection - Why the furor? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 10:41 am

With all the confiscated heroin laying around why don't gov't agencies just mix up a big batch of super-heroin and use that? A heavy overdose ought to do the trick and it would be cheap.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Lethal Injection - Why the furor?   Lethal Injection - Why the furor? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 10:55 am

A guillotine would be quicker and cheaper and a lot better deterrent....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lethal Injection - Why the furor?   Lethal Injection - Why the furor? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 10:59 am

I agree Eric. I actually read somewhere those against lethal injection said the needle itself was cruel lol tell that to all those people who demand vaccines
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Lethal Injection - Why the furor?   Lethal Injection - Why the furor? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 10:38 pm

nochain wrote:
With all the confiscated heroin laying around why don't gov't agencies just mix up a big batch of super-heroin and use that? A heavy overdose ought to do the trick and it would be cheap.

That would be too good of a way to go for those cretin. I really don't give a shit if they suffer. We've proven that they're guilty of the most heinous crimes... I'm good with them suffering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lethal Injection - Why the furor?   Lethal Injection - Why the furor? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lethal Injection - Why the furor?
Page 1 of 1