Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

  We're sorry.......

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: We're sorry.......   Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:28 am

CIA admits and apologizes for hacking into Senate Computers.... It's really long past overdue to begin to clean this mess in DC out...
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

avatar

Posts : 1017
Join date : 2013-02-14
Location : 45th Parallel

PostSubject: Re: We're sorry.......   Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:59 am

Agreed
Back to top Go down
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: We're sorry.......   Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:34 am

Nearly every agency in this administration has had some sort of scandal - some worse than others but scandals just the same. And the "most transparent" W/H ever continues to stonewall, obstruct and outright lie when confronted with each one. Disgusting.

Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: We're sorry.......   Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:59 am

nochain wrote:
Nearly every agency in this administration has had some sort of scandal - some worse than others but scandals just the same. And the "most transparent" W/H ever continues to stonewall, obstruct and outright lie when confronted with each one. Disgusting.


Firings should have already occurred.... Feinstein is once again upset but was satisfied with the apology from the director....
Back to top Go down
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: We're sorry.......   Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:15 am

mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:
Nearly every agency in this administration has had some sort of scandal - some worse than others but scandals just the same. And the "most transparent" W/H ever continues to stonewall, obstruct and outright lie when confronted with each one. Disgusting.


    Firings should have already occurred.... Feinstein is once again upset but was satisfied with the apology from the director....

She wouldn't have been satisfied if Bush were in the white house. She is a hypocritical freak.

Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: We're sorry.......   Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:27 am

nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:
Nearly every agency in this administration has had some sort of scandal - some worse than others but scandals just the same. And the "most transparent" W/H ever continues to stonewall, obstruct and outright lie when confronted with each one. Disgusting.


    Firings should have already occurred.... Feinstein is once again upset but was satisfied with the apology from the director....

She wouldn't have been satisfied if Bush were in the white house. She is a hypocritical freak.


Surprised that this is an issue whatsoever.... they were looking into the BushEra interrogation methods/instructions...but like anything else when good ole' Di found out about one of HER staffers being looked at by the NSA....THEN there was an issue... But prior to her finding that out she stated that Americans shouldn't be worried/concerned with the actions of the NSA....So yes Hypocritical!!!...
Back to top Go down
Eric

avatar

Posts : 9735
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 67
Location : Hoover, AL & Pensacola when I'm lucky

PostSubject: Re: We're sorry.......   Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:09 am


_________________
Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: We're sorry.......   Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:12 am

Eric wrote:

Exactly!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: We're sorry.......   Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:21 pm

I agree completely that the CIA needs "cleaning out," but it has needed cleaning out since it used torture on prisoners during Bush's administration. Bush claimed he didn't know what they were up to, and if he did not lie, it's just as likely that Obama did not know what they've been "up to" either. Back in the Kennedy years the president didn't know what J Edgar hoover was doing with the FBI but Kennedy (and Bobby too) used the CIA to send an American citizen (Carlos Marchello) to central America where he was dumped off in the middle of the jungle to die. That is thought by some to be what led to JFK's assassination. Marchello didn't die and knew both Oswald and Jack Ruby personally. What I'm saying is that any spy organization working on its own without presidential or congressional approval needs cleaning out. That is just too dangerous.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: We're sorry.......   Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:00 am

Otter wrote:
I agree completely that the CIA needs "cleaning out," but it has needed cleaning out since it used torture on prisoners during Bush's administration. Bush claimed he didn't know what they were up to, and if he did not lie, it's just as likely that Obama did not know what they've been "up to" either. Back in the Kennedy years the president didn't know what J Edgar hoover was doing with the FBI but Kennedy (and Bobby too) used the CIA to send an American citizen (Carlos Marchello) to central America where he was dumped off in the middle of the jungle to die. That is thought by some to be what led to JFK's assassination. Marchello didn't die and knew both Oswald and Jack Ruby personally. What I'm saying is that any spy organization working on its own without presidential or congressional approval needs cleaning out. That is just too dangerous.

STOP!!!!!!...... FOCUS!..... This isn't about President Bush....it's the CIA (one of many agencies) that is out of control under this administration and this cowh.... The cowh said this weekend he has FAITH in the CIA Director and the job he is doing...enough said....
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

avatar

Posts : 1017
Join date : 2013-02-14
Location : 45th Parallel

PostSubject: Re: We're sorry.......   Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:36 am

Not to mention that the cia was likely running arm through libya to syrian rebels/terrorists... and the atf arming mexican cartels. I consider that arming the enemy... high treason.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: We're sorry.......   Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:05 am

PkrBum wrote:
Not to mention that the cia was likely running arm through libya to syrian rebels/terrorists... and the atf arming mexican cartels. I consider that arming the enemy... high treason.

And yet....once again....the cowh and his AG are doing nothing....Under ANY other administration something this serious would have been 24 Hour news coverage... and today there's very little being said and/or reported....why?...
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

avatar

Posts : 1156
Join date : 2012-07-31

PostSubject: Re: We're sorry.......   Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:02 pm

On January 22, 2009 President Obama signed an executive order requiring the CIA to use only the 19 interrogation methods outlined in the United States Army Field Manual on interrogations "unless the Attorney General with appropriate consultation provides further guidance."





First, Obama has shielded Bush torture crimes not only from criminal prosecution, but any and all forms of accountability. Obama himself vigorously opposed and succeeded in killing even a congressional investigation into the torture regime at a time when his party controlled both houses of Congress.

Moreover, Obama's top officials, as WikiLeaks cables revealed, secretly worked with GOP operatives to coerce other countries, such as Spain and Germany, to quash their investigations into the US torture of their citizens, and issued extraordinary threats to prevent British courts from disclosing any of what was done. And probably worst of all, the Obama administration aggressively shielded Bush officials even from being held accountable in civil cases brought by torture victims, by invoking radical secrecy powers and immunity doctrines to prevent courts even from hearing those claims.

In sum, the Obama administration has been desperate to ensure that there will be no accountability or even that meaningful investigations ever take place. That is almost certainly due to the fact that numerous high-level members of Obama's own party were so complicit in these crimes. But at least equally important is this remarkable – and, it turns out, prescient – observation from a New York Times article by Charlie Savage in December 2008, on the prospect of torture investigations aimed at Bush officials:

"Because every president eventually leaves office, incoming chief executives have an incentive to quash investigations into their predecessor's tenure."

In other words, Obama is motivated to shield Bush officials from accountability for their crimes in the hope that once Obama leaves office, he, too, will be gifted identical immunity from the rule of law.

Second, although government torturers have now been fully protected by Obama from any accountability, those who blow the whistle on such crimes continue to be pursued by the same administration with unprecedented aggression
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: We're sorry.......   Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:01 pm

mediawatcher wrote:
Otter wrote:
I agree completely that the CIA needs "cleaning out," but it has needed cleaning out since it used torture on prisoners during Bush's administration. Bush claimed he didn't know what they were up to, and if he did not lie, it's just as likely that Obama did not know what they've been "up to" either. Back in the Kennedy years the president didn't know what J Edgar hoover was doing with the FBI but Kennedy (and Bobby too) used the CIA to send an American citizen (Carlos Marchello) to central America where he was dumped off in the middle of the jungle to die. That is thought by some to be what led to JFK's assassination. Marchello didn't die and knew both Oswald and Jack Ruby personally. What I'm saying is that any spy organization working on its own without presidential or congressional approval needs cleaning out. That is just too dangerous.

    STOP!!!!!!...... FOCUS!..... This isn't about President Bush....it's the CIA (one of many agencies) that is out of control under this administration and this cowh.... The cowh said this weekend he has FAITH in the CIA Director and the job he is doing...enough said....


I could not be more focused. The CIA was out of control under the Bush administration when it was tapping phones of Americans all over the country, it was out of control during the Kennedy administration when it was grabbing US Citizens (albeit a mafie leader) and dragging them to Central America and dropping them off in the jungle. You want to focus all your attention on what's happened during the Obama administration but this stuff has gone on for years and years and years. It is the fault of an agency that has no real control by either Congress or the White House. Just because I'm not so focused on slamming Obama for everything does not mean my focus is off. It just means I'm not obsessed with deriding the present POTUS as you seem to be. If you weren't so single minded in putting everything at Obama's feet,  I might be able to learn something from your posts. Joani is correct about what she said above. Obama has protected the CIA and those that tortured during the previous administration from prosecution, Bush protected Clinton to some degree. It all started when Ford pardoned Nixon. No, it was before that. Johnson hid a lot of stuff the Kennedys did too, as much as he could.  George the First protected the Reagan administration from further indictments over Iran Contra. It's a nasty little procedure that all presidents have engaged in for years. But the illegal things the CIA do can't be all laid on the feet of one POTUS as you seem to like to do. They are the fault of the agency itself, maybe with some agreement from certain presidents, but the schemes come from the CIA, the NSA and all those agencies that we have created because we are AFRAID we aren't being protected enough. They are corrupted with power that we gave them. We don't even need an NSA- we already had the CIA, there's no point in making a department of Homeland Security or an NSA. They are overkill and are extremely dangerous to our freedom. They need abolishing. One spy agency is more than enough and they need constant watching by a Congressional committee and yes, by the President too.  We have a congressional committee that is supposed to oversee them, but they give the agency carte blanche because they often are not given the intelligence in order to know what is going on. The agency hides things from them. They have to be reined in. That's the answer to the problem, not blaming the administration for every thing that happens.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: We're sorry.......   Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:52 am

Otter wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Otter wrote:
I agree completely that the CIA needs "cleaning out," but it has needed cleaning out since it used torture on prisoners during Bush's administration. Bush claimed he didn't know what they were up to, and if he did not lie, it's just as likely that Obama did not know what they've been "up to" either. Back in the Kennedy years the president didn't know what J Edgar hoover was doing with the FBI but Kennedy (and Bobby too) used the CIA to send an American citizen (Carlos Marchello) to central America where he was dumped off in the middle of the jungle to die. That is thought by some to be what led to JFK's assassination. Marchello didn't die and knew both Oswald and Jack Ruby personally. What I'm saying is that any spy organization working on its own without presidential or congressional approval needs cleaning out. That is just too dangerous.

    STOP!!!!!!...... FOCUS!..... This isn't about President Bush....it's the CIA (one of many agencies) that is out of control under this administration and this cowh.... The cowh said this weekend he has FAITH in the CIA Director and the job he is doing...enough said....


I could not be more focused. The CIA was out of control under the Bush administration when it was tapping phones of Americans all over the country, it was out of control during the Kennedy administration when it was grabbing US Citizens (albeit a mafie leader) and dragging them to Central America and dropping them off in the jungle. You want to focus all your attention on what's happened during the Obama administration but this stuff has gone on for years and years and years. It is the fault of an agency that has no real control by either Congress or the White House. Just because I'm not so focused on slamming Obama for everything does not mean my focus is off. It just means I'm not obsessed with deriding the present POTUS as you seem to be. If you weren't so single minded in putting everything at Obama's feet,  I might be able to learn something from your posts. Joani is correct about what she said above. Obama has protected the CIA and those that tortured during the previous administration from prosecution, Bush protected Clinton to some degree. It all started when Ford pardoned Nixon. No, it was before that. Johnson hid a lot of stuff the Kennedys did too, as much as he could.  George the First protected the Reagan administration from further indictments over Iran Contra. It's a nasty little procedure that all presidents have engaged in for years. But the illegal things the CIA do can't be all laid on the feet of one POTUS as you seem to like to do. They are the fault of the agency itself, maybe with some agreement from certain presidents, but the schemes come from the CIA, the NSA and all those agencies that we have created because we are AFRAID we aren't being protected enough. They are corrupted with power that we gave them. We don't even need an NSA- we already had the CIA, there's no point in making a department of Homeland Security or an NSA. They are overkill and are extremely dangerous to our freedom. They need abolishing. One spy agency is more than enough and they need constant watching by a Congressional committee and yes, by the President too.  We have a congressional committee that is supposed to oversee them, but they give the agency carte blanche because they often are not given the intelligence in order  to know what is going on. The agency hides things from them. They have to be reined in. That's the answer to the problem, not blaming the administration for every thing that happens.

My comments were what is happening currently with the CIA and their operation looking/hacking into Congress/Congressional Aides...Again the cowh said he has faith in the CIA Director and the job he is doing.... Can't and haven't blamed the cowh and his administration for happenings in previous administrations that would make no sense whatsoever... At some point in time because it's believed or the opinions of some that others did some things doesn't excuse the current actions... The cowh campaigned and was highly critical of President Bush for his actions under the Patriot Act and said under his administration ordinary citizens would not be investigation/wiretapped/spied on etc., without probable cause and/or a court order....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: We're sorry.......   

Back to top Go down
 
We're sorry.......
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Politics-
Jump to: